Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by ChrisW »

Deal worth 75k a year.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by Addicks Fan »

ChrisW wrote:Deal worth 75k a year.
What deal?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Addicks Fan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:51 am
ChrisW wrote:Deal worth 75k a year.
What deal?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
Didn't say only comes into effect in December.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:44 am Deal worth 75k a year.
Or is it 75k over four years?

He basically denies anything is wrong and blames people’s behaviour on social media, does that include his wife?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

He said a 4th tv event they can’t get 3 sorted. If did pull that off put a lakeside at lest half decent crowd
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Perhaps lakeside announcement is a bdo event
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Perhaps lakeside announcement is a bdo event
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Dorsetdarter
Steady Sixties

Post by Dorsetdarter »

classic deflecting by the self appointed CEO...Teflon uniform in tact.
ps chaps...no OB involved, this looked like "Darts in Motion", they are quite expensive, but also quite experienced at darting events...including doing the dutch open most years...Thought it was very good for the bits i watched. 3 PTZ cameras on stage (board shots), 1 reverse cam (player throwing), 1 side (covering change of player), 1 mobile (audience and wide angles), 1 dodgy jib (high shots)...plus whatever PTC setup they used.(piece to camera) for interviews etc.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

"There should not have been a redraw."

The first seven words spoken by Teflon Jacklin.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

It's a conspiracy!!!
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

"I don't think I've failed on anything so far"
"I rarely use social media anymore."

But of course, who could forget his whopper of a comment a while ago...

"I don't want to be the chairman of the BDO."
unsanctionedBDOfan
Brass Darts

Post by unsanctionedBDOfan »

A great tournament well run.
Looking prosperous for the World Professional Championships in January
A bright future
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

What a joke, that podcast. These people who interview Des are not critical at all. Dont bark, just bite.

Been listening to their podcasts a few times now - also the regular podcasts - and cant hardly listening. Sound quality is horrible and those presenters are no match. Burton is funny sometimes but Alex doesnt react at it at all, so when Burton tells a joke Alex reacts like he's talking on the funeral of his granny.
Last edited by Bram_1900 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

No chance am I listening to any of that rubbish
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Dorsetdarter wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:46 am classic deflecting by the self appointed CEO...Teflon uniform in tact.
ps chaps...no OB involved, this looked like "Darts in Motion", they are quite expensive, but also quite experienced at darting events...including doing the dutch open most years...Thought it was very good for the bits i watched. 3 PTZ cameras on stage (board shots), 1 reverse cam (player throwing), 1 side (covering change of player), 1 mobile (audience and wide angles), 1 dodgy jib (high shots)...plus whatever PTC setup they used.(piece to camera) for interviews etc.
What would a rough estimate of total production costs for the weekend?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:18 am No chance am I listening to any of that rubbish
nor me, but I cant work out from the comments either what he said!

What deal is worth £75k a year?
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

apart from the draw issue id say well done , firstly for putting the masters on at the tavern thought the smaller venue worked well & credit for realising this is where the bdo is now as they did with the wdt in blackburn, as for punters there looked to be a crowd for the finals (who paid is a different discussion) thought the production was good. well done to georgie b & nat & to the dutch crew behind the scenes
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Is the 75K a year deal the amount they are paying Jacklin to screw it all up.
Westernbulldog
Steady Sixties

Post by Westernbulldog »

What an interview from Jeremy Paxman there kicking off with these horrible questions are not me but doubters and doomsters from twitter and then letting Des blame the players for not turning up for a tournament the players didn’t know the prize money for or the seeding positions. The prenup that players had to sign forgoing all unknown prize money threatening unenforceable court action if they played PDC worlds 2020. A redraw blamed by Jacklin on Wednesday by no shows replaced with fake names inputed with no transparency of who paid £20 and thick foreign players unable to understand the BDOs clear as mud entry system completely glossed over by blaming a lick spittle and the rules for drawing are wrong.
But as Des says he hasn’t failed at anything yet and if we all can get behind him and his team and with a bit of stability there is no reason the BDO can’t be as big the PDC , Formula 1 the Premier League on John Henderson.
Dorsetdarter
Steady Sixties

Post by Dorsetdarter »

Skewy...These days haven't a clue... I costed one 4 or 5 years ago and £40K for a weekend event would have covered it.....at a push (i was quite ruthless with the costing also to keep it low)
Crew and expenses are probably the dearest bit...A freelance cameraman is £275-300+ per day these days, excluding travel and subsistence...With this set up, 3 of the cameras are remote operated by 1 person and a pile of presets... so prob 4 0r 5 Live camera ops, inc one on the jib, Vision mixer/Director, Sound ops x 2, Camera Engineer, Playback and record ops.. so you can see how the price can soon rack up. Kit can always be got with hefty discounts if you know where to go (even in the broadcast circles).

Stage set was awful, we would rarely use black in live events, as it can't be lit....you can't polish a turd...so to speak, it also needed to be wider to hide all the boxes that were upended to stage left of it...clearly in camera shot.
Then add the cost of Monitors and projection, which enables the audience to see and interact with whats going on...and of course people to rig them and look after them.

back to lurking ;-)