PDC World Championship- 13th December 2019- 1st January 2020 Alexandra Palace- London

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: PDC World Championship- 13th December 2019- 1st January 2020 Alexandra Palace- London

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:43 am
Ginge wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:15 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:Klaasen playing that bad now then?
Well hes not in the top 32 anymore. Nowhere near as good as he used to be.
Could be a big shock over the shorter format.
Maybe, hence why winning a game and not going in cold may be more beneficial than having to hang around for a few days.

Some players may actually prefer having to play R1 and R2 the same night, but lets all have a moan about it anyway without asking them.....
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: PDC World Championship- 13th December 2019- 1st January 2020 Alexandra Palace- London

Post by Paddy McGinty »

:grin:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:47 am
Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:43 am
Ginge wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:15 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:Klaasen playing that bad now then?
Well hes not in the top 32 anymore. Nowhere near as good as he used to be.
Could be a big shock over the shorter format.
Maybe, hence why winning a game and not going in cold may be more beneficial than having to hang around for a few days.

Some players may actually prefer having to play R1 and R2 the same night, but lets all have a moan about it anyway without asking them.....
No, no, no.

Kingp35 has been in contact with Klaasen who has told him just how much he hates to have won a warm up match, got used to the stage atmosphere, the crowd, the heat and the throw and to have had match practice that night.
Apparently Jelle would much rather go on cold against the tournament favourite.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

kingp35
Brass Darts

Post by kingp35 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:24 am
No, no, no.

Kingp35 has been in contact with Klaasen who has told him just how much he hates to have won a warm up match, got used to the stage atmosphere, the crowd, the heat and the throw and to have had match practice that night.
My point still stands so. If you consider it an advantage to play two games in one night then it is still not a level playing field! It should be the same for all players, simple as.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Aye lets starts the tournament with a night of just round 1 games, that will get everyone moist with anticipation.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

kingp35 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:52 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:24 am
No, no, no.

My point still stands so. If you consider it an advantage to play two games in one night then it is still not a level playing field! It should be the same for all players, simple as.
So you said it was a disadvantage.

Now it's an advantage?

A simple "I haven't a clue" would have sufficed.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"I would not be happy if I was one of the players having to play twice."

Speaking for them all, there.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:56 am "I would not be happy if I was one of the players having to play twice."

Speaking for them all, there.
Are you?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hic!
Big Jock Knew
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Ginge wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:54 am Aye lets starts the tournament with a night of just round 1 games, that will get everyone moist with anticipation.
Paying Fans don’t want a night of games like that, that’s why the BDO can’t sell tickets for their piss
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with MVG.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with RVB.

fling
County Player

Post by fling »

I will get the competition thread up in the next day or two.
It will give the freeloaders plenty of time to enter.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Michael van Gerwen insists there is no extra pressure on him to claim back-to-back world titles for the first time at the 2019/2020 William Hill World Darts Championship.

Looking ahead to his title defence at Alexandra Palaxce, Van Gerwen was understandably in confident mood, having lifted seven TV titles in 2019.

The three-time World Champion has never defended a world title, but the Dutchman insists he doesn't feel any added pressure to do so for the first time.

"People love to make up a story somehow so it doesn't bother me that I've never defended it," said Van Gerwen, who will begin his World Championship title defence against Jelle Klaasen or Kevin Burness.

"They said it too about the World Grand Prix and I defended that this year, so I won't be getting involved in anything like this.

"I prepared quite well for this tournament by winning the Players Championship Finals, my opponents threw everything at me but it wasn't enough.

"I have a big target on my back and when you're doing well all the time a lot of people don't want you to win.

"I showed some weakness in the summer but then to bounce back feels even better, I love proving people wrong when they doubt me.

"If I'm at my very best the other players cannot beat me, but you have to show it on the stage and you can't make mistakes.

"Whoever is on my path I want to destroy, simple."

Van Gerwen also revealed that he is eyeing Phil Taylor’s record of televised titles, having recently lifted his 50th individual televised title in the PDC

The Dutchman reached his half-century at the Players Championship Finals in November just seven years on from his first, and has his sights set on Taylor's haul of 94 TV trophies.

"You always have to set yourself targets and one of mine is to beat Phil's record of TV titles," Van Gerwen continued.

"You have to be realistic and say probably no one is ever going to be a 16-time World Champion again, but to win 100 TV titles I think is definitely possible.

"To beat any record set by Phil Taylor would mean a lot to me because of how good he was for the sport both in darts and the mental aspect of the game.

"Unfortunately he beat me in our only world final and one of my big regrets is not being able to put that right.

"But you have to move on, I'm still doing okay so it's nothing to worry about."

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

fling wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:51 pm I will get the competition thread up in the next day or two.
It will give the freeloaders plenty of time to enter.
Love them freeloaders :)
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Keane Barry will become the third youngest player to compete in the William Hill World Darts Championship when he steps out at Alexandra Palace against Vincent van der Voort.

Barry secured his place in the World Championship by winning the Tom Kirby Memorial Irish Matchplay final against Liam Gallagher in October.

He has drawn experienced Dutchman Van der Voort in round one, and will be 17 years and 174 days old when they meet on Monday December 16 - making him the third youngest player in the tournament's history.

Mitchell Clegg is the youngest player to have competed in the tournament, having been aged just 16 years and 37 days when he met Raymond van Barneveld in the first round in 2006/2007.

The second youngest player is Max Hopp, who was 16 years and 117 days old when he competed in 2012/2013, defeating South Africa's Charl Pietersen in the preliminary round before losing out 3-2 to Denis Ovens in round one.

Michael van Gerwen was previously the third youngest player, having been 18 years and 237 days old when he took on Phil Taylor in the 2007/2008 first round.

Barry is guaranteed at least two appearances on the Alexandra Palace stage, having also won through to the JDC's Scott Farms International Junior World Championship final, where he will take on Adam Gawlas on Saturday December 21.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Keane Barry will become the third youngest player to compete in the William Hill World Darts Championship when he steps out at Alexandra Palace against Vincent van der Voort.

Barry secured his place in the World Championship by winning the Tom Kirby Memorial Irish Matchplay final against Liam Gallagher in October.

He has drawn experienced Dutchman Van der Voort in round one, and will be 17 years and 174 days old when they meet on Monday December 16 - making him the third youngest player in the tournament's history.

Mitchell Clegg is the youngest player to have competed in the tournament, having been aged just 16 years and 37 days when he met Raymond van Barneveld in the first round in 2006/2007.

The second youngest player is Max Hopp, who was 16 years and 117 days old when he competed in 2012/2013, defeating South Africa's Charl Pietersen in the preliminary round before losing out 3-2 to Denis Ovens in round one.

Michael van Gerwen was previously the third youngest player, having been 18 years and 237 days old when he took on Phil Taylor in the 2007/2008 first round.

Barry is guaranteed at least two appearances on the Alexandra Palace stage, having also won through to the JDC's Scott Farms International Junior World Championship final, where he will take on Adam Gawlas on Saturday December 21.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Glen Durrant is hoping to crown a ‘dream’ first year in the PDC with the biggest title of all at Alexandra Palace.

Durrant, who won his Tour Card in January after lifting his third Lakeside Championship, has reached the semi-finals of three televised events in his debut campaign.

The 49-year-old has also claimed two Players Championship titles and is now targeting the best possible end to his maiden year in the PDC.

“It’s been a dream first year and now I want the cherry on the cake with a good run at Alexandra Palace,” said Durrant, who will meet Jose de Sousa or Damon Heta on his Alexandra Palace debut.

“I’m super excited, Ally Pally is going to be really special and in truth I’ve had one eye on it since the World Matchplay finished in July.

“I’ve done really well in my first year, whatever targets I’ve set I’ve exceeded them and to be honest the World Championship feels like a bit of a bonus for me.

“I’m very proud to be a seeded player in my first year, but I'm not taking anything for granted – it’s going to be the old cliché of one game at a time and that’s the way it has to be.

“I’m really determined to go out there and achieve something special while having a bit of fun too.”

Teessider Durrant enjoyed an unforgettable week in Blackpool at the World Matchplay where he received an incredible reception from the Winter Gardens crowd, before going on to reach the final four at the World Grand Prix and Grand Slam of Darts in October and November respectively.

Having gained a reputation as one of the game’s most dedicated practicers, Durrant explained he has left no corner unturned in his quest for a fourth world title.

“I’ve put in some real groundwork at home in the last couple of weeks,” Durrant continued.

“It’s a bit like a school exam and I've had a bit of revision to do, a couple of things I had to put right.

“Just like in my BDO days I’ll be putting in double the amount of practice that I normally would.

“I’ll be at my best, I’m good at playing my best game when I need it most. I know I’ve got the bottle.

“I love making history and if I won this title I’d be the only player ever to hold both the PDC and BDO titles at the same time, that excites me.

“I’ve missed a couple of opportunities in semi-finals, but now I’m ready to make that next step up.”

The 2019/2020 William Hill World Darts Championship will be held from December 13-January 1 at Alexandra Palace in London.