The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

Re: BDO Worlds Tickets 2020 "Explosion" and Extortion Watch

Post by Dannyboy »

Even in halcyon days, the BDO never advertised.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Do anyone know what’s going off tonight with these letters sent out

Deano saying it’s a sinking ship

Don’t know if I’m putting two and two together but reading a few things it sounds like the opens are having to pay a levy for points now to the bdo to cover funds
Got the letter but it needs its own thread imo
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Re: BDO Worlds Tickets 2020

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 am
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Do anyone know what’s going off tonight with these letters sent out

Deano saying it’s a sinking ship

Don’t know if I’m putting two and two together but reading a few things it sounds like the opens are having to pay a levy for points now to the bdo to cover funds
Got the letter but it needs its own thread imo
Good.
I know Paul has written a long post on this but wasn't posting it on facebook until he checked it out with England darts (I think).
I'll save thoughts until new thread up.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Tuesday both sessions combined have pulled in less than 2 and a half large in ticket sales
Snigger
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Heard Wayne Dobbinson is now involved and helping to push sales

Couldnt make this s hit up.
JFT97
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Bag Carrier wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:38 am Heard Wayne Dobbinson is now involved and helping to push sales

won't he be a good guy to help sales?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:38 am Heard Wayne Dobbinson is now involved and helping to push sales

won't he be a good guy to help sales?
Well unless anything goes on the Shownights FB page its all rather meaningless really
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

I heard he's been involved from the start and helped broker the O2 deal.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Dannyboy wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 am Even in halcyon days, the BDO never advertised.
Its halcyon days were in the 3 and 4 channel days.. There was nothing else on TV and they had ready made sponsorship in Embassy and the BBC coverage and no rival darts organisation... They didn't need to advertise.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Last week I was approached & asked to help and promote the BDO World Championships at IndigO2 via the Shownights platforms obviously because I have a database for the events and social media platforms I’ve held there over the years, so maybe I can help.

I can honestly say I wasn’t sure whether to get involved at this late stage ( just over 4 weeks away)

but for the players & fans sake I’ve agreed to try and help if I can, I’m just waiting on a couple of technical things to be sorted before I try.
I’m certainly Not sure I can make a massive difference but I will try,
I will do some comps to try and lift sales, I may even include some legends tickets because it won’t affect me.
When it’s official & I’m ready it will go out on the various sites.

what I can do is help answer any questions about the venue etc to help put people at ease.

I really hope everyone gets behind this and it’s a success for the players and the fans that attend.

The venue is second to none and I have no doubts in my mind that the venue is perfect for this event.
I can honestly say the team at IndigO2 are also second to none and anyone that goes to the Worlds will have a great time, the atmosphere will be great in there that’s for sure.

The sound and lighting system is amazing with plenty of screens around the venue so you don’t miss any of the action, there’s screens behind the bars, there’s also screens in the toilet areas

there will be plenty of bar staff at hand and although some of the bar prices can be higher on premium beers
at my events they have always had deals on with other beers.

They’ve done pints for £4.50 and 4 pint pitchers at £16 in the past

(Most places in and around London are around a fiver for a pint)

The have cleaners constantly walking around clearing any spillages and also looking after the toilets during the event.

IndigO2 like the O2 arena are buildings in there own right and are basically under a massive tent
( you’ve all seen the iconic pics)

Also under there are many eatery’s and bars and a brand new shopping area

You will have a great experience if you attend.

You can even book and walk over the top of the O2 if you want between sessions lol

The bus links and train station at North Greenwich are literally a 2 minutes walk to the Venue

Okay In my experience parking isn’t the cheapest if you drive. (but double check as I think sometimes they do deals if there isn’t an event on in the main arena) but I know many many people that have parked either just off site or at a station a few stops away and have got a train in for the last part of a long journey. As I said the station is literally 2 minutes to the venue.

Probably much easier in some cases.

Apparently There’s a lot of talk on the media sites about how many tickets have been sold and is causing concern.

How I’ve always worked for my events and they always look packed by the way.

Because of the layout around 50% capacity looks great and the atmosphere is great too.

Most of my events in the past have been around or just over this figure and no one has ever questioned anything,
the first event was low but no one knew in fact most independent reviews said It was a sell out.

Hopefully everyone will see my posts and get behind the event via my links when I post them

Just another very important query / myth I’ve seen and what has been mentioned to me in the past few days because of rumours etc.

People saying
I haven’t purchased tickets because I’m worried it won’t go ahead

Or

Is my money safe if I purchase tickets

Obviously I’ve asked the question to the BDO Board about is the event definitely going ahead and I’ve been told YES it is.

I can personally say because of my knowledge with the official ticket office AXS, If your tickets are purchased via AXS link or Shownights link (as my link will go directly to AXS)

100 million % your monies is safe because funds do not get released to the promoter in all cases until after the event.

My link will be released soon so watch out...

Please note Shownights will not be the event management, we are just pushing the event on social media via our platforms to try and help generate awareness in the area etc.

Wayne d on Facebook.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Competitions!!!!

The giveawats are starting!!!!
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

“The venue looks great 50% full”
What about 3% Wayne? If you don’t know you will find out in a few weeks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Whilst this is at least some sort of step in the right direction, one man will not save this event from being a disaster.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well i wasnt going to go but now Wayne has mentioned the cleaners walking round cleaning spillages, my mind has been made up.

I have said this before but the one off exbo m0ng crowd he has the details of is expecting legends and PDC top players,and is very different from a BDO crowd going to watch Dave Parletti and whoever on a Tuesday afternoon.

Last edited by Ginge on Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

But I thought Wayne's events were always sold out due to the fantastic team at the venue.. Turns out ony ever 50 %....spin.

I've never seen anybody so up and down as character towards the BDO... he does come across as me me me all the time...
Looks like they'll be a lot of free entries eventually.. all under the guise of competition winners of course!
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

trotter01 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:25 pm Looks like they'll be a lot of free entries eventually.. all under the guise of competition winners of course!
Which might help the production/presentation but does nothing for the bottom line...no point putting on a show that attracts sponsors to an org that folds as a result of putting on said show...
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I’ll go if I get a free one
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Unless there was money in it, after the way he was treated before I’m staggered he is even getting involved.
No chance had it been me.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Why would anyone have been undecided about going because of the quality of venue? Anyone with half a brain knows this isn't a run-down WMC. Beer prices, parking, and the like are all just excuses not to go. If you want to, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find any tiny excuse.

Give away free cigs, that might work.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

10 shirts here for you if you want to run a competition

BDO4LIFE"

Durrant posting on Wayne d post. I do like his sense of humour.