The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: BDO Worlds Tickets 2020 "Explosion" and Extortion Watch

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am Up to 125 shares now at least he’s halfway
He deleted the comp post, unless I'm going blind.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Yes I can’t see it anymore either
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I suspect the next fun and game will be the prize fund details, cant be long until contracts go out now.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Indeed.

Des promised to bring the ladies' prize fund more into line with the men's, and everyone assumed that meant increasing the level of money for the ladies.

Imagine what will happen if everyone suddenly realises Des has found another way of achieving parity.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:42 am I suspect the next fun and game will be the prize fund details, cant be long until contracts go out now.
Justin Hood has still not received an invite (and therefore contract)
Ginge
International

Re: BDO Worlds Tickets 2020 Updates - has the "explosion" happened yet?

Post by Ginge »

None of them probably have it as he has to decide what to cut the prize money to. He can do that over a sangria this week.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Re: BDO Worlds (in the small sideroom at the o2 Arena) Ticket Shambles

Post by Ginge »

The Fixer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 pm What a load of old shit...........Not in a ‘go’ position. :MAD:

‘World Professionals,
Again my apologies in the delay of getting tickets on sale, this is just simply down to the fact that there is so much protocol to follow and criteria to appease, to get this right for this year and all following years we have to make sure the Venue, Promoter, Ticket Agents, ONE80, L-Style and every one of the New BDO sponsors for this event are in a ‘go ‘ position however, we are extremely close to the tickets being on sale and when that happens I’m expecting an explosion of a campaign.
Please remember that when we have sorted all this out for this year, (with the exception for ticket prices) we ‘put it to bed’ for 10 years!’

10 years. :? :MAD:
The secret ones who want to stay anonymous.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:33 pm
The Fixer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 pm What a load of old shit...........Not in a ‘go’ position. :MAD:

‘World Professionals,
Again my apologies in the delay of getting tickets on sale, this is just simply down to the fact that there is so much protocol to follow and criteria to appease, to get this right for this year and all following years we have to make sure the Venue, Promoter, Ticket Agents, ONE80, L-Style and every one of the New BDO sponsors for this event are in a ‘go ‘ position however, we are extremely close to the tickets being on sale and when that happens I’m expecting an explosion of a campaign.
Please remember that when we have sorted all this out for this year, (with the exception for ticket prices) we ‘put it to bed’ for 10 years!’

Just can't believe a word he says anymore.
He has no credibility.
He was never a "business man" anyway, just a property developer and barman, and all he is doing is proving he couldn't be one even if wanted to be one, or thought he was. He is a rich property chav who likes a tan and winter sun.
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

Sensibly targeted Facebook ads would cost relatively little and would pay for themselves if they brought a few ticket sales in.

I actually offered my services to the BDO at the beginning of the year when my business was starting up as a means to add to my portfolio at the time. Got an initial ‘thanks’ response but not a peep since. No chance I’d offer now though.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Dez Selecta needs to go
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:42 am I suspect the next fun and game will be the prize fund details, cant be long until contracts go out now.
I thought Deta had received hers?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Fixer
On The Naughty Step

Post by The Fixer »

Skewball wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:56 pm
Ginge wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:33 pm

‘World Professionals,

Just can't believe a word he says anymore.
He has no credibility.
He was never a "business man" anyway, just a property developer and barman, and all he is doing is proving he couldn't be one even if wanted to be one, or thought he was. He is a rich property chav who likes a tan and winter sun.
As I said, what a load of old shit.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:17 pm
I thought Deta had received hers?
**shrugs shoulders**
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Seriously Tony, I really don't know, not having the financial facts available, like everyone else we are second guessing what the situation in the company is, I really hope the funding is in place to at least make sure the World Championships go ahead and everything is funded, and I don't know anything to the contrary, and if it isn't or holding the World Championship is going to bankrupt the company then it shouldn't go ahead, as a director of any company you are not allowed to purposely run a business to fail, and knowingly leave debts, when you were aware that activities of the company would lead to this, and there are consequences for all the directors of any company not just its CEO."

another TT comment.

If he is correct then if (and no one seems to know for sure the financial state of the BDO, so they may have enough reserves) paying the prize fund results in bankrupting the BDO the board could be in trouble. I wonder if it will indeed be cut out of necessity?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

(In response to someone asking if the Worlds would have as much advertising as their Sunshine Tour Events.)
Last edited by markymark on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Everyone has ideas, eh?

"We need to shift some tickets. Lets see if the bloke the BDO tried to take to court in 2017, who has a Facebook page with 90% less followers than we do, will do a few token posts on his own page for us"
Big Jock Knew
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

markymark wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:41 pm Image

(In response to someone asking if the Worlds would have as much advertising as their Sunshine Tour Events.)
Des not getting where the exclamation marks should be if BDO is your "work"
Last edited by Case on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

markymark wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:41 pm Image

Do you reckon he is cracking up?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

She certainly is. That wont be him.
Big Jock Knew
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Nananananana scatman.