Boxing Thread

The Crusader
International

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by The Crusader »

Smith was awful against Ryder, I had it to Ryder by 2 rounds.

I haven't paid for any PPV boxing since it jumped from £11.95 years ago. End up at brothers now who orders once pissed. Seen an article a few days ago saying they regularly get around 250k viewers now.

Reason I stopped was it use to be sensible price for big fights. Tyson v Holyfield, Lewis v Tyson, Bruno v Lewis etc, now it seems as soon as a fighter has a decent profile every fight is on ppv even when fighting 1000/1 shots.

Joshua will breezez past the tub of lard in 3 rounds, Fury will beat the windmill Wilder then a huge UK fight to unify the heavyweight division.
Thinking of one.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

The Crusader wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:19 pm Smith was awful against Ryder, I had it to Ryder by 2 rounds.

I haven't paid for any PPV boxing since it jumped from £11.95 years ago. End up at brothers now who orders once pissed. Seen an article a few days ago saying they regularly get around 250k viewers now.

Reason I stopped was it use to be sensible price for big fights. Tyson v Holyfield, Lewis v Tyson, Bruno v Lewis etc, now it seems as soon as a fighter has a decent profile every fight is on ppv even when fighting 1000/1 shots.

Joshua will breezez past the tub of lard in 3 rounds, Fury will beat the windmill Wilder then a huge UK fight to unify the heavyweight division.
I used to buy every PPV card, and in all fairness, thought they were good value for money, however think the last one I paid for was the Parker vs Joshua one, and was hugely disappointed with the card.

Looking forward to the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch on Saturday, and will be watching the DAZN coverage for free on my tablet, whilst sipping copious amounts of alcohol in the hotel bar in the West Indies. Think the fight starts at 5pm local time in St Lucia.

Expect Joshua to win, and revenge his MSG loss, but think Ruiz will catch him at some point in the fight, so a 7 or 8 round knockout for Anthony is my Prediction.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

Google saying fights starts 9pm our time
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

JOEY wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:15 pm Google saying fights starts 9pm our time
en shalla

(in joke for anyone has actually tried to do business in the Middle East)
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

JOEY wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:15 pm Google saying fights starts 9pm our time
That is correct.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The darts channel showing it live and free tonight over here. Happy days.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Pretty easy win for Joshua. What a long drawn out, over-hyped affair boxing is these days.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Shit fight, AJ spent the entire time running away.
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

spaceman70 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:46 pm Shit fight, AJ spent the entire time running away.
Agree,I've read manic comments like AJ put on a masterclass of boxing, bs, I know in any sports at the end of the day a wins a win but I don't think he's came out of these 2 fights well at all, if he doesn't get the winner or both at some point of Fury Wilder then I believe it's him not taking the fights on thru fear
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Considering the risk to his career he did what he had to do and keep at literally arms length. What else did people expect after the mistakes of the first fight. I'm sure he will loosen up next time.
Not that I think he could beat Fury though. And I'm sure Wilder would find a way through once (which is all he needs).
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Boring fight, glad I didn’t weigh out a pony to watch it
But that’s boxing, no different to many other fights over the years, Lewis v Tua was no different.
I’m very selective about which events to pay to watch this was never going to be one of them.
Never paid to watch Mayweather fight either, boring load of rubbish.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Looking forward to the fight tonight. Is a real pick me, hoping for Fury to win, but think Wilder is going to catch him at some point, and this time he doesn't get up.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:14 pm Looking forward to the fight tonight. Is a real pick me, hoping for Fury to win, but think Wilder is going to catch him at some point, and this time he doesn't get up.

Tonight? :COMP2:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Cant wait. Been going back and forth all week with who I think will win.

Wilder isn't a particularly good boxer but only ever needs one hit.

I think I'm probably with you ssjsa, in that he probably will catch him at some point, but I hope fury can stay out of trouble as if he does, he wins. Even in dodgy Vegas.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

genuinely 50/50, maybe 52/48

it's mad to take odds-on on someone who can only win by ko against someone who has never been stopped but just as mad to take odds against someone who has knocked over every opponent and surely won't be another draw?

if it goes the dist then fury wins but if he hits the deck he will not get the time he was given in the first fight as refs are supposed to wave a fight off if someone is motionless with no signs so fury was lucky the first time, if it doesn't go the dist there's only one winner but then again if fury does take a couple of light touchdowns the judges could create another dodgy draw?

after watching wilder/Ortiz 2 where wilder was happy to lose every round knowing he could not get a decision as he knew he would - and did - knock him out again, my head says this time fury won't survive

but I like a bit of value and we are due another controversy and the only fun bet I like is half a cup of tea on each of them to get DQ'd at 125/1

can't wait....
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

fucking lol

wilder vs furry ll
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

LOL wtf do I know, Fury is smashing the big dosser up, Wilder down and fekked, ear bleeding, hope not a dodgy stoppage which could mean technical draw, otherwise Fury winning this easy :D
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Wilder is gone.

Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

wilder down again - he's looking worse than me on the way home from the pub - but the ref deducts a point from Fury - DQ incoming?

10-9, 10-9, 10-8, 10-9, 9-8 - furry six rounds up with seven to go
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

another 10-9 for furry, seven up with six to go, Wilders eyes and ear is fecked he can only win by KO or DQ now....