Re: NDB vote NOT to apply for BDO points-CONFIRMED HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by Ginge »

Apology accepted.
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

So going forward the events still giving BDO points like IOM have announced they will be... Are these points still worth anything at the end of the day ?.... Its all right giving points and playing for this points but will they lead to a World Championship at the end of the day... Will they be allowed to stage another World Championship... Can they even afford to stage another World Championship..
Allocation of points is one thing... What happens at the end of the season then?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

There is a meat raffle. You get 1 ticket per every WDF ranking point and one for every BDO ranking point.
'And what do points make?'
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

trotter01 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:52 pm So going forward the events still giving BDO points like IOM have announced they will be... Are these points still worth anything at the end of the day ?.... Its all right giving points and playing for this points but will they lead to a World Championship at the end of the day... Will they be allowed to stage another World Championship... Can they even afford to stage another World Championship..
Allocation of points is one thing... What happens at the end of the season then?
The whole of the EDO names have been taken note of so will be up before the Des Firing squad if the BDO still exists in a few months

No way Des will allow the BDO to sanction anything of any dissenters
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:00 pm
In the case of the Jacklins enemys
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

still betting on a new wdf champs at lakeside or hotel zuiderduin 2021 !!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

only85 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:05 pm still betting on a new wdf champs at lakeside or hotel zuiderduin 2021 !!
Both?
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
mrsheen
Pub Champion

Post by mrsheen »

ChrisW wrote:There is a meat raffle. You get 1 ticket per every WDF ranking point and one for every BDO ranking point.
They make Irishmen drunk.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

mrsheen wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 pm
ChrisW wrote:There is a meat raffle. You get 1 ticket per every WDF ranking point and one for every BDO ranking point.
They make Irishmen drunk.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
:DDD:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

When i first started playing a darts tour in the 1980's some events were BDO ranked whilst others were WDF ranked , some events were well run others not so well run but the majority were good fun . 30+ years later it looks as we have gone full circle and looking increasingly likely that a WDF tour will join the established BDO tour .

To me if the WDF get a Major/ Majors to join the 3 BDO tv events the winners are dart players , cant understand why people are knocking events ! I will go to the Dutch Open as its the busiest darts open in the world , the NDB have decided to go with WDF points only , you have to respect their decision on that its their event and and they are accountable to thousands of their members , i will also be attending events that might only be BDO ranked , its still the sport that i and thousands of others love .
On playing front i probably havent many years left, and ive tried BDO , EDO , WDF and PDC its the same game whatever the 3 letters say .

Personally every dart player i know should try the Dutch open , people return year after year some from England go ( kent mob) and hardly do any other big open , so please dont make this a BDO v WDF feud of which events to play etc , lets not reenact the 25+ years rivalry of BDO v PDC . If WDF get a tour off the ground all well and good it would compliment the BDO tour .

Perhaps we should follow the saying " Lets Play Darts" instead of posturing and point scoring against each others Orgs ."

Deta's thoughts on Facebook. Remember she is wdf players rep (for the UK? ). Not anti bdo in this post.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

devosteve wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:25 pm When i first started playing a darts tour in the 1980's some events were BDO ranked whilst others were WDF ranked , some events were well run others not so well run but the majority were good fun . 30+ years later it looks as we have gone full circle and looking increasingly likely that a WDF tour will join the established BDO tour .

To me if the WDF get a Major/ Majors to join the 3 BDO tv events the winners are dart players , cant understand why people are knocking events ! I will go to the Dutch Open as its the busiest darts open in the world , the NDB have decided to go with WDF points only , you have to respect their decision on that its their event and and they are accountable to thousands of their members , i will also be attending events that might only be BDO ranked , its still the sport that i and thousands of others love .
On playing front i probably havent many years left, and ive tried BDO , EDO , WDF and PDC its the same game whatever the 3 letters say .

Personally every dart player i know should try the Dutch open , people return year after year some from England go ( kent mob) and hardly do any other big open , so please dont make this a BDO v WDF feud of which events to play etc , lets not reenact the 25+ years rivalry of BDO v PDC . If WDF get a tour off the ground all well and good it would compliment the BDO tour .

Perhaps we should follow the saying " Lets Play Darts" instead of posturing and point scoring against each others Orgs ."

Deta's thoughts on Facebook. Remember she is wdf players rep (for the UK? ). Not anti bdo in this post.
If the WDF get a tour off the ground they will do so by events leaving the BDO tour. New events won’t be created. The are already events that are one or the other. Some carry both. Assuming the BDO try and bring the charges in for Oct 2020 events will choose. At the end of the day in a few years time will either be producing a main event of note?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

For 2020, aside from the Dutch Open, which has already been removed from the BDO calendar, I don't think much will change, except that there seem to be more tournaments that have applied for both BDO and WDF points. After that, who knows?

The World Trophy and Masters are now both in the diary with confirmed dates, and the BDO International Open has reappeared as promised.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Addicks Fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:15 pm For 2020, aside from the Dutch Open, which has already been removed from the BDO calendar, I don't think much will change, except that there seem to be more tournaments that have applied for both BDO and WDF points. After that, who knows?

The World Trophy and Masters are now both in the diary with confirmed dates, and the BDO International Open has reappeared as promised.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
don't forget, with the statement from the WDF, that from now on the BDO have to ask permission from England darts to run events in England.I am not saying they will refuse but TT has made the point many times that it is unfair that the BDO put big events on in England but no other country and thus hinder EDO making as much money as possible.

The BDO is in a very weak position.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Do the BDO have to ask permission from the Spanish to run the Torremolinos Open then?
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:01 am Do the BDO have to ask permission from the Spanish to run the Torremolinos Open then?
I think the rule is they should but I don't know if they do.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

devosteve wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 pm
Ginge wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:01 am Do the BDO have to ask permission from the Spanish to run the Torremolinos Open then?
I think the rule is they should but I don't know if they do.
The BDO are running it and if the Spanish don't like it then they're fekkin avvin it!! :grin:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:11 pm
only85 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:05 pm still betting on a new wdf champs at lakeside or hotel zuiderduin 2021 !!
Both?
Yup both
JFT97
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

If the WDF start their own 'World Championships' what is going to happen to the status of the World Cup Singles Winner ?
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

el_ringo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:00 am If the WDF start their own 'World Championships' what is going to happen to the status of the World Cup Singles Winner ?
Nothing. It's a different event