Fallon Sherrock

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Fallon Sherrock

Post by ChrisW »

Fallon Sherrock became the first woman to win a match at the PDC World Championship by coming back from behind to stun Ted Evetts 3-2 in London.

Sherrock was BDO World Championship runner-up in 2015, and was cheered by the crowd throughout a superb contest at Alexandra Palace.

The 25-year-old fell 2-1 behind but brushed off earlier missed doubles to keep her composure and make history.

"I have proved that we can play the men and can beat them," said Sherrock.

Sherrock, from Milton Keynes, was an outside 2,000-1 shot before the match to lift the trophy; she ended the night in joyful tears on stage after a thrilling victory over world number 77 Evetts.

She went into the tournament having claimed one of two places for female players in the 96-strong field. The other qualifier, Japan's Mikuru Suzuki, took James Richardson to a deciding leg before losing 3-2 on Sunday.

After her victory, Sherrock was top trending on social media, and was serenaded with the chant "we love your Sherrock, we do" by the fans, who cheered every treble 20 she struck. She now faces Austria's Mensur Suljovic in the second round.

"I am speechless. I don't know what to say. Thank you every one," she said. "I feel really happy because I have made something for women's darts.

"I can't believe it. To do that on the biggest stage, wow. I am so happy that I can continue it rather than go out.

"This is definitely one of the best moments I've had. I'm just so happy. I've just made history. I can't believe it. I've made a great achievement for women's darts."

Sherrock's high scoring
180: 6 140: 19 100+: 27
How the match unfolded
Sherrock, having won a leg with 106 checkout, left herself on 80 for the first set - but did not manage to leave herself a shot at a double with her final dart, allowing Evetts to take a 1-0 lead.

With the throw, she started the second set with a 13-dart leg, was on a nine-dart finish with six perfect throws but missed the seventh before taking the set with a cool 80 finish.

In the third set, Sherrock punished Evetts' miss at double eight to break twice, but a missed dart at double eight and three more at double four proved extremely costly, as Evetts took the next two legs to go 2-1 up.

But she forced a deciding set and broke Evetts in the final set and held her throw to go 2-0 up, and though Evetts pulled a leg back, Sherrock coolly finished off the contest with double 18.
ssjsa
International

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by ssjsa »

Deserving of her own thread.

Posted this earlier and on Twitter but the BDO should be promoting her to the hilltops in an effort to boost ticket sales for the Indigo.

The exposure Fallon is going to get over the next few days is going to be huge, and not only in the darting community.

If Des has any sort of business acumen, he will become a media whore over the next few days, extolling the achievement of Fallon against the best players in the world, and promoting the fact that you can come and watch her at the Indigo on Saturday 4th January.

Something along the lines of " You think you had a party watching Fallon make history at Ally Pally, come and have a bigger party at the Indigo"

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

That would be a total lie though.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Has team jacklin congratulated fallon on social media yet?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:02 pm That would be a total lie though.
What has the truth got to do with good marketing. ;-)

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

6 180's
Also surely a new record for a tv match?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Not sure why BDO should be brought into this thread while she is still in the PDC WC?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:15 pm Not sure why BDO should be brought into this thread while she is still in the PDC WC?
The longer she is in the PDC World Championship, the bigger the opportunity for the BDO to promote her, increase their ticket sales for the Indigo, and potentially save the organisation from bankruptcy.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:21 pm
ChrisW wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:15 pm Not sure why BDO should be brought into this thread while she is still in the PDC WC?
The longer she is in the PDC World Championship, the bigger the opportunity for the BDO to promote her, increase their ticket sales for the Indigo, and potentially save the organisation from bankruptcy.
OK sorry I stand corrected.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

BDO woman tries her hand in the PDC and comes up trump's.......stunning performance. 🤪😁😁🚺
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

I think the BDO should be brought into it... Fallon is going to be interviewed all over the place.. She'll be on Radio 5, Talksport, Breakfast TV, newspapers... The fact that people can see her in her own World Championships will be mentioned and should be promoted as much as possible... Its publicity they could only have dreamed of
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

Refreshing to see a couple of decent women players after being subjected to turgid shit over the last few years from the likes of Hedman, Jacklin, De Graf and O'Bloke. This was not a victory for women's darts as the rest of the are still utter rubbish. Well done Fallon and unlucky Suzuki, you both did yourself proud, the other women are fucking pony!
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

trotter01 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:49 pm
I think the BDO should be brought into it... Fallon is going to be interviewed all over the place.. She'll be on Radio 5, Talksport, Breakfast TV, newspapers... The fact that people can see her in her own World Championships will be mentioned and should be promoted as much as possible... Its publicity they could only have dreamed of
Fair enough, but let her finish her campaign here.
She has to still play Suljovic which will be a much higher profile match than Corinne Hammond.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

One idiot on Fanatics saying it's just a Barry Hearn publicity stunt to make money. Certainly one person is getting plenty of publicity and the opportunity to make money tonight.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:01 am
trotter01 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:49 pm
Fair enough, but let her finish her campaign here.
She has to still play Suljovic which will be a much higher profile match than Corinne Hammond.
She is hot property now, they will all want the interviews while her status is high, interest will be lost if Mensur hammers her. So unfortunately she won’t be left alone at the moment.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Will she talk about the O2 or Suljovic?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ILAD wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:04 pm Has team jacklin congratulated fallon on social media yet?
Genuine question. Is she part of the bdo in crowd?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

I don't think it matters if she doesn't win a leg against Suljovic, all that counted was tonight.