World Series of Darts 2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
malcy93
Pub Champion

Re: World Series of Darts 2020

Post by malcy93 »

As long rumoured Copenhagen gets a World Series event instead of ET next year.
Being played on a Friday and Saturday 12th & 13th June.
https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/11/25/nord ... es-circuit

Is at The Forum in Copenhagen, a proper indoor arena that usually holds music events. Is similar size to many of the arenas used by PL around the UK.

They have got a local streaming company as promoter so presume it will be on their service locally rather than Viasat the pay satellite company who screen the PDC televised events.

Will be 8 Scandinavian players (not said how selected yet) vs 8 PDC invitees.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Fallon Aherrock confirmed as first of the PDC players for the event.
https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/12/19/hist ... g-new-york

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Good interview
As normal he nails it.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Skewball wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:14 pm Good interview
As normal he nails it.
If only Des had the same commercial nous that he claims to have. But absolutely doesn't.

Edit - slightly over rewarded though I feel.

Ladies, beat Ted Evetts and travel the globe!!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
As normal he nails it.
If only Des had the same commercial nous that he claims to have. But absolutely doesn't.

I think it was important to give her a 'bonus'. His point is that if you do well the rewards are there, you dont need a womans only event.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:24 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
As normal he nails it.

I think it was important to give her a 'bonus'. His point is that if you do well the rewards are there, you dont need a womans only event.
Yes you do. It's called the qualifier. :MAD:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:37 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
As normal he nails it.

do you actually have friends? being pedantic is not a trait that people like you know.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Skewball wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:39 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
As normal he nails it.

do you actually have friends? being pedantic is not a trait that people like you know.
I think this shows the difference in where we are at; the BDO knocks up a quick poster following prompts on here and elsewhere while the PDC parachutes her into a World Series event in New York. I wish someone in the BDO would finally wake up to the reality; the battle is over, the PDC won. Hearn said his door will always be open - go and make an agreement while there is still something of the BDO left.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
As normal he nails it.

I think he knows being pedantic quite well.

That's a great decision by the PDC. Sherrock gets a bit of money, maybe it helps sell a few tickets, and a lucky American gets an easier game.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

1205 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:01 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:

I think he knows being pedantic quite well.

That's a great decision by the PDC. Sherrock gets a bit of money, maybe it helps sell a few tickets, and a lucky American gets an easier game.
The Americans will love this. When someone like Billy Jean King is commenting on the story you know the story has made waves over there.

the media coverage will certainly be 'higher' now she is in the line up.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Fallon Sherrock is to enjoy further global stardom during 2020 after accepting an invitation to compete in all PDC World Series of Darts events.

Following her historic victory over Ted Evetts at Alexandra Palace before Christmas, the 25-year-old had been included in the field for the 2020 US Darts Masters as the World Series visits the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York.

She subsequently overcame world number 11 Mensur Suljovic before bowing out to Chris Dobey 4-2 on Friday, having led 2-1 during another impressive performance.

Sherrock has now been included for the remaining five international World Series of Darts events, to be held in Copenhagen, Germany, New Zealand and the double-header in Australia.

"I'm so excited to be given this opportunity and I can't wait to play on the World Series next year," said Sherrock. "Being included in just the US Darts Masters was amazing enough but to now be able to go worldwide is something I could only dream of.

"The last week or so has been incredible for me and the reaction I've received from around the world has been crazy. I've loved every minute of it and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

"I want to keep improving my game and the World Series will be another chance for me to show what I can do. I'm really grateful for the opportunity and I hope I can carry on where I left off in the World Championship."

PDC Chairman Barry Hearn said: "Fallon has represented women's darts magnificently at the World Championship and we're delighted to give her a global stage to compete on now in the World Series of Darts.

"We remain committed to furthering opportunities for female players and Fallon's achievements put her at the forefront of this. She has acquitted herself superbly and we can't wait for her to be a part of the World Series this year."

The 2020 World Series of Darts will begin with the US Darts Masters on June 5-6 as the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden hosts the sport's top players, with eight PDC stars set to face off against eight North American qualifiers. Tickets for the US Darts Masters are available through Ticketmaster.

The inaugural Nordic Darts Masters will then be held at Forum Copenhagen on June 12-13 as Denmark hosts a new World Series of Darts event. Tickets for the Nordic Darts Masters are available through Ticketmaster.

The NZ Darts Masters will return to Hamilton's Claudelands Arena on August 21-22, with details of a double-header in Australia and the German Darts Masters to be confirmed in due course.

Tickets for the NZ Darts Masters will be available in due course from Ticketek - 

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

I imagine one or two of the other lady players will be absolutely seething at these rewards for Fallon.

I'm sure the original Fanatics will be a goldmine for a while.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:48 pm I imagine one or two of the other lady players will be absolutely seething at these rewards for Fallon.

There will definitely be more than 1 or 2 jealous, but with the obvious exceptions, most will probably be pleased for Fallon and see this type of opportunity as an incentive for them to up their game and avail themselves of potential similar opportunities next year.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

DavidOwen67 wrote:I imagine one or two of the other lady players will be absolutely seething at these rewards for Fallon.

Well they should have qualified for the worlds and made the last 32 then
Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

Is already known where the finals will be?
To survive, is to be victorious!
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Vriezzer wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:01 pm Is already known where the finals will be?
I am sure they said it was a multi year deal in Holland but may only have been 1 year so they good promoted Barney’s farewell to the local fans.

The PDC tour calendar still says TBC.
https://www.pdc.tv/tournaments/calendar?year=2020
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

sswon't wrote:Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:57 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:48 pm I imagine one or two of the other lady players will be absolutely seething at these rewards for Fallon.

There will definitely be more than 1 or 2 jealous, but with the obvious exceptions, most will probably be pleased for Fallon and see this type of opportunity as an incentive for them to up their game and avail themselves of potential similar opportunities next year.
But they won't make public comments. It would backfire.

Reality is this: she is more famous than the golden girl with her 10 world titles. And some will not like that.

astounding really.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ssjsa
International

Re: 2020 PDC European Tour

Post by ssjsa »

World Championship quarter-finalist Darius Labanauskas and new Tour Card Holder Daniel Larsson will headline the eight home stars in the 2020 Nordic Darts Masters in Copenhagen in June.

The PDC's World Series of Darts will visit Scandinavia for the first time on June 12-13 for the inaugural Nordic Darts Masters.

Tickets for the Nordic Darts Masters are available now through Ticketmaster.

The 16-player tournament sees eight top PDC stars, set to include World Champion Peter Wright, world number one Michael van Gerwen and history-maker Fallon Sherrock, come up against eight players from the region in the first round.

The eight Nordic & Baltic Representatives will include the four PDC Tour Card Holders, led by Labanauskas - the Lithuanian who reached the last eight at Alexandra Palace last month - and Sweden's Larsson, who came through the PDC Qualifying School.

Finland's Marko Kantele and Latvia's Madars Razma will also compete at Forum Copenhagen, with the remaining four places to be split as follows:
3x highest placed players from Denmark on the PDC Nordic & Baltic rankings at June 7 2020
1x Qualifier from event to be held on June 7 2020 in Copenhagen for citizens of countries eligible for the PDC Nordic & Baltic ProTour.

Entry for the Qualifier will be made through PDC Nordic & Baltic via www.pdc-nordic.tv.

The eight PDC Representatives in the tournament will be confirmed in due course.

Tickets for the Nordic Darts Masters are available now through Ticketmaster.

2020 Nordic Darts Masters
Nordic & Baltic Representatives
Marko Kantele (Finland)
Darius Labanauskas (Lithuania)
Daniel Larsson (Sweden)
Madars Razma (Latvia)
3x Danish Representatives
1x Qualifier

Friday June 12
Evening Session
First Round

Saturday June 13
Afternoon Session
Quarter-Finals

Evening Session
Semi-Finals & Final

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

World Champion Peter Wright, world number one Michael van Gerwen and global sensation Fallon Sherrock have been confirmed among the eight PDC competitors for the 2020 US Darts Masters at the iconic Madison Square Garden in June.

The PDC World Series of Darts will visit New York for the first time from June 5-6 as The Hulu Theater hosts two days of top-class darts action - CLICK HERE TO BE PART OF HISTORY.

Joining Wright and Van Gerwen in 'The Big Apple' will be Sherrock, who took the darts world by storm in December as she became the first female player to win matches at the PDC World Championship.

Reigning US Darts Masters Nathan Aspinall will defend his title in New York, and will be joined by 2018 champion Gary Anderson and former finalist Daryl Gurney, who will bring an Irish flavour to the event. 

Fiery Welshman Gerwyn Price – the two-time Grand Slam of Darts winner – and 2018 World Champion Rob Cross complete the line-up of top stars who will be part of a ground-breaking moment for the sport.

The eight North American representatives will include emerging American prospect Danny Lauby, who won the 2019 CDC Continental Cup, with qualification events being held in Toronto in March and Chicago in May as well as in New York on June 4.

The PDC players will take on eight North American representatives in the first round of the US Darts Masters on Friday June 5.

The North American Championship will also take place on June 6 as eight American and Canadian players get their chance to take to the Hulu Theater stage in their own domestic event, from which the winner qualifies for the World Championship.

The action on Saturday June 6 will be held across two sessions, with the North American Championship in the afternoon ahead of the US Darts Masters quarter-finals, semi-finals and final in the evening.

Florida's Danny Baggish was the 2019 North American Championship winner, and he will look to defend his title in 2020.

The World Series of Darts, promoted by the Professional Darts Corporation, incorporates a series of worldwide tournaments throughout each year, allowing local prospects their chance to challenge the biggest names in darts, with further events in 2020 to be held in Denmark, New Zealand and Australia.

New York's arrival as a new destination on the World Series tour represents further growth for darts, which has become the biggest indoor sport in the UK over the past 20 years.

Over 300,000 fans will attend PDC events annually, while the World Series has visited Dubai, Singapore, China and Japan since being introduced six years ago.

Ticket options include VIP packages for floor seating which feature complimentary beer/wine/soda and catering in the Grill Room, alongside standard tiered seating tickets. Purchases in person avoid Ticketmaster Convenience Fee.

2020 US Darts Masters
PDC Representatives
Michael van Gerwen
Peter Wright
Gerwyn Price
Rob Cross
Gary Anderson
Daryl Gurney
Nathan Aspinall
Fallon Sherrock

2020 US Darts Masters
Schedule and Tickets
Hulu Theater at MSG

Friday June 5 (6pm EST start)
U.S. Darts Masters 
First Round x8 Matches
Tickets: $299, $95, $65 (including fees)
Click here to buy tickets

Saturday June 6 
Afternoon Session (1pm EST start)
North American Championship
Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, Final
Tickets: $259, $70, $54 (including fees)

Evening Session (7.30pm EST start)
U.S. Darts Masters
Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, Final
Tickets: $299, $95, $65 (including fees)

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Pretty much expected line up at MSG, with the exception of Michael Smith. Thought he would get in before Daryl Gurney, but really close call for me and think the Irish representation probably swung it in Superchin's favour.