WDF Calendar 2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

WDF Calendar 2020

Post by oche balboa »

Doesnt feature the BDO "world" championships

https://www.dartswdf.com/calendar/
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Black Velvet »

It's because the BDO isn't part of the WDF anymore mate, there's a thread on it somewhere.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Or the Masters
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:47 am It's because the BDO isn't part of the WDF anymore mate, there's a thread on it somewhere.
:P
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:45 am Doesnt feature the BDO "world" championships

https://www.dartswdf.com/calendar/
Oh, Oche!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

What a muppet
bishbashbosh180
Brass Darts

Post by bishbashbosh180 »

Only 1 event from the whole of the UK all year. First time ever there will not be a Brit in the top 64 of the world ranking with no BDO and 1 event
people can afford to go to at home. Mind you everyone might travel all over the world spending tend of thousands for a badge. Am sure all the young people will be flocking darts outside of Q school or the regional tours.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

On the WDF Calendar virtually all the England Darts events are now on there..plus Scottish/Welsh etc .
Which means they will all be WDF ranked.. which surely means they will use WDF rankings for seedings (they have to) ... so surely means that they will not be eligible for BDO points - as they will not be seeded using the BDO rankings...

This is a bit of a mess isn't it.. ..which seedings will these events use.....??
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

WDF ones. Something's afoot

Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Heard on the grapevine that England, Wales and Scotland have applied for WDF points for there events, Not sure if all.
JFT97
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Bag Carrier wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:10 pm Heard on the grapevine that England, Wales and Scotland have applied for WDF points for there events, Not sure if all.
they are all on WDF calendar now so surely means they must have been applied and accepted?
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Skewball wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:11 pm
Bag Carrier wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:10 pm Heard on the grapevine that England, Wales and Scotland have applied for WDF points for there events, Not sure if all.
they are all on WDF calendar now so surely means they must have been applied and accepted?
Ah ok, I have not had a look.

Was told they applied for points so people will attend there events for the new TV event the WDF are doing.
JFT97
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Bag Carrier wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:16 pm

Was told they applied for points so people will attend there events for the new TV event the WDF are doing.
So were does this leave the bdo? What does it mean for bdo points?
I guess clarity will come at some point but could this be the last bdo world champs?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

devosteve wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:39 pm

I guess clarity will come at some point but could this be the last bdo world champs?
All we can do is to sit and wait,
All we can do is just to sit and wait.
They say: All we can do is to sit and wait,
All we can do, yeah, that's what they say.
Sit and wait, sit and wait, just sit and wait.

Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Bag Carrier wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:16 pm

I think it may well be the last WC under the BDO Guidance/Banner unless they magically pull back in some massive money and also rectify themselves with the WDF.

I personally think this is the chance the WDF has been waiting for to take over and use the money that is being invested into the WDF system to get there own WC.

I am awaiting the news from the WDF they promised before 2020 about there new ranking system structure as this will show some clear indications to there intentions.
JFT97
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Skewball wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 am On the WDF Calendar virtually all the England Darts events are now on there..plus Scottish/Welsh etc .
Which means they will all be WDF ranked.. which surely means they will use WDF rankings for seedings (they have to) ... so surely means that they will not be eligible for BDO points - as they will not be seeded using the BDO rankings...

This is a bit of a mess isn't it.. ..which seedings will these events use.....??
The WDF rules only mention there must be a single draw, they have categorisation, and that there are some rules about seeding introduced in later stages, having to win at least one game and reducing the player's points by 25%.

The seeding stuff they mentioned related to the BDO was because the BDO women's draw stuffing meant the BDO ended up not following it's own rules.

I don't think there's any obstacle to BDO ranking other than having to pay money.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

1205 wrote:
Skewball wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 am On the WDF Calendar virtually all the England Darts events are now on there..plus Scottish/Welsh etc .

The WDF rules only mention there must be a single draw, they have categorisation, and that there are some rules about seeding introduced in later stages, having to win at least one game and reducing the player's points by 25%.

The seeding stuff they mentioned related to the BDO was because the BDO women's draw stuffing meant the BDO ended up not following it's own rules.

I don't think there's any obstacle to BDO ranking other than having to pay money.
"some rules about seeding introduced in later stage"

Well indeed. So what are they?
There will be 'some rules' about how they seed players I'm sure.
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

Sorry, but don't care x 3. No one has yet articulated how the demise of the BDO will have any overall negative impact to the darting world, and with Fallon's recent exploits most of those attempted justifications can be challenged to absurdity.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

TheVillan wrote:
Sorry, but don't care x 3. No one has yet articulated how the demise of the BDO will have any overall negative impact to the darting world, and with Fallon's recent exploits most of those attempted justifications can be challenged to absurdity.
No no no no Darren on Digital Spy has said that if the BDO goes, nobody in pubs will be able to play darts anymore! Nobody!
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:25 pm
TheVillan wrote:
No no no no Darren on Digital Spy has said that if the BDO goes, nobody in pubs will be able to play darts anymore! Nobody!
I've already stopped playing darts in pubs. Just in case.

Also, I'm shite.