The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
NvH
The Ton Club

Re: The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Post by NvH »

Do we know how this money is being doled out? Does Tony just send them 16 equal payments, payments based on how far they get, or just hand it to Des and let him sort it out?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If the press get hold of this then maybe the bdo will be shamed into increasing some of those figures.

A bit embarrassing really.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:48 pm If the press get hold of this then maybe the bdo will be shamed into increasing some of those figures.

They can't be shamed into spending money that they don't have.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:48 pm If the press get hold of this then maybe the bdo will be shamed into increasing some of those figures.

Increase it how? BDO ain’t got a pot to piss in.

Already blown the rest of the cash reserves
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

If the ladies championship was run as a separate event then the prize money would be pennies. Outside of the ladies and their families there would be no tickets sold for the event, paying customers are not interested. As it stands they piggyback the men’s event and should be lucky the prize fund is as high as it is.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

Financing the women over the last few years has drained the BDO of cash. I hope the men realise this.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Someone should tell Phil H at the Metro
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

Tommy T-Rex wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:03 pm Financing the women over the last few years has drained the BDO of cash. I hope the men realise this.
You'd like to think so, but Tony O'Shea and Jim Williams aren't the brightest of minds.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I wonder if Tony h has done this to get media attention in the hope of someone stepping in with sponsorship?

If it raises money then that will be good for the ladies themselves but not great for the bdo or ladies darts.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:25 pm
foggs3355 wrote:So in the last week of sales have they actually sold Even 50 more tickes
Hopefully there will be a final count tomorrow for the comp but even that wont be accurate as we now know there have been giveaways, also wont account for tables blocked off for sale on other sites.
There will be a count tomorrow evening. The first Saturday has sold a few on one of the tables on the left which had previously not been available, so I think this will be the best attended day, barring a last minute surge once the event starts.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

£295 in the begging bowl now! Simon "Stubby" Carruthers shelled out £100 of his hard-earned.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:27 pm I wonder if Tony h has done this to get media attention in the hope of someone stepping in with sponsorship?

If it raises money then that will be good for the ladies themselves but not great for the bdo or ladies darts.
I did put in the post I hope it did create the possibility of a sponsor stepping in.

I think we all know BDO enterprises will be done after this WC, But I am just trying to give the ladies a bit more than a weeks wage for something they have paid and travelled for since october 2018.
JFT97
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Bag Carrier wrote:
devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:27 pm I wonder if Tony h has done this to get media attention in the hope of someone stepping in with sponsorship?

I did put in the post I hope it did create the possibility of a sponsor stepping in.

I think we all know BDO enterprises will be done after this WC, But I am just trying to give the ladies a bit more than a weeks wage for something they have paid and travelled for since october 2018.
You should all be walking away and telling him to get fucked
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

TheVillan wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:42 pm
Bag Carrier wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:32 pm I have tried for the ladies that is all. I think they deserve better.

The BDO have not been able to add any money to the prize fund for the ladies or Sportotal.

So what should we do.
Boycott the event.

If I walk into work on Monday and my boss tells me he can't afford to pay me the amount we agreed, I'm not about to phone my missus and get her to set up a crowdfunding page.

I appreciate the sentiment, but IMO your energy would be better spent trying to hold those responsible to account for their lies and ineptitude.
Bingpot!
Spot on.
Chunky wilbur
Feather Flights

Post by Chunky wilbur »

Wayne dobinson saying on fanatic's that the Saturday is near sold out downstairs and there is good numbers sold for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday sessions the last weekend, whether that's to be believed or not is another matter
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 pm
Bingpot!
Spot on.
Delete my account...
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Bag Carrier wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:34 pm

I'm sure the ladies applaud your efforts, Spud. However this shouldn't be down to you and the public.

Sadly our horse-braiding friend is a colossal incompetent who makes stupid decisions on the fly and has virtually bankrupted the BDO through his stupidity and refuses to admit ANY culpability for his abject failure.

I hope you get a few quid for the girls but this is supply and demand sending out a huge message.

You could always "do a Parletti" and keep it, I suppose. :D :D :D
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Chunky wilbur wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:52 pm Wayne dobinson saying on fanatic's that the Saturday is near sold out downstairs and there is good numbers sold for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday sessions the last weekend, whether that's to be believed or not is another matter
I think nearly 600 on the 1st day that won’t look to bad on tv
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

So if I give Paula j benefits as well?
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:19 pm So if I give Paula j benefits as well?
Begging the public for money to give to Paula Jacklin is a complete and utter disgrace!