The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Re: The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO "Worlds" Tickets 2020 Updates

Post by Wazza180 »

I notice that Mardle's tweet about negativity hurting the BDO was liked by over 100 people. I expect you think they are all trolls as well, right?

Just look at the thread title. It's just encouraging people to mock the entire event. It's a shame, because the BDO need our support now more than ever. By all means criticise them when it is constructive, but also give them credit where it is due and don't nitpick everything for the sake of it.

It sounds like ticket sales for this weekend are better than expected. Why not celebrate that? Why concentrate on all of the negatives all the time? I hope the trolling and mickey taking stops a bit once the event begins. It isn't helping and some of you come across as haters to be honest.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Wazza180 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:05 am I notice that Mardle's tweet about negativity hurting the BDO was liked by over 100 people. I expect you think they are all trolls as well, right?
Well, yes. Being as that is less than 0.1% of his 111K followers, it's clearly not a popular point of view.

But thanks for your in depth and penetrating analysis, Routson.
brainim
The Ton Club

Post by brainim »

if the BDO were not so inept at everything they do, then people would not be so negative. They are the ones that failed to advertise their tournaments, so blaming others for low ticket sales is embarrassing.
I suppose the WDF debacle and the draw rigging was the fault of people tweeting negativity too
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Tbh if get few more sales after people seeing it Today on tv and goes over 5000 as it close to that number it had been slight rescue on the numbers but till 5000 less than lakeside
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

Wazza180 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:05 am
Just look at the thread title. It's just encouraging people to mock the entire event. It's a shame, because the BDO need our support now more than ever. By all means criticise them when it is constructive, but also give them credit where it is due and don't nitpick everything for the sake of it.
Yeah, OK, I'll bite. It's exactly this type of thinking that Sue and Des have relied on throughout their respective tenures.

The BDO need to be in a state where the basics are covered (performing a fair draw), the fundamentals are in place (the promised sponsors materialise), the decision making is sound (not announced apparently on the hoof from a FB account to whom a BDO player has access) and some form of strategy is clear defined, articulated and starts to be implemented. None of these things should be beyond the grasp of "a successful businessman", yet none of them appear to being put in place and instead any note of dissent is met by a level of windmilling that even the entire nation of the Dutch would struggle to match.
Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

TheVillan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:34 am
Wazza180 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:05 am
Yeah, OK, I'll bite. It's exactly this type of thinking that Sue and Des have relied on throughout their respective tenures.

The BDO need to be in a state where the basics are covered (performing a fair draw), the fundamentals are in place (the promised sponsors materialise), the decision making is sound (not announced apparently on the hoof from a FB account to whom a BDO player has access) and some form of strategy is clear defined, articulated and starts to be implemented. None of these things should be beyond the grasp of "a successful businessman", yet none of them appear to being put in place and instead any note of dissent is met by a level of windmilling that even the entire nation of the Dutch would struggle to match.
To survive, is to be victorious!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Wazza180 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:05 am I notice that Mardle's tweet about negativity hurting the BDO was liked by over 100 people. I expect you think they are all trolls as well, right?

It sounds like ticket sales for this weekend are better than expected. Why not celebrate that? Why concentrate on all of the negatives all the time? I hope the trolling and mickey taking stops a bit once the event begins. It isn't helping and some of you come across as haters to be honest.
You're wasting your time with this lot, the majority are immature trolls. The whole purpose of this forum is to criticise the BDO whether it's warranted or not. It's why they exist.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

More pretend outrage from Paddy there. Time to change the persona mate, nobody knows you are being serious.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:49 am More pretend outrage from Paddy there. Time to change the persona mate, nobody knows you are being serious.
Usual stock answer from Ginge there........just look at the various thread titles........ No one takes this place serious anymore.....well apart from maybe Stevie.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Re: The now Unofficial and Unsanctioned BDO

Post by TheVillan »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:55 am
No one takes this place serious anymore.....
Except casual fans who are put off by the negativity, and the chairman of course...
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Robson impersonating Darren? New lows
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

There's a thread on some page where people are saying Bob Potter should have put this on the big screen at Lakeside and charged a couple of quid to get in.. They reckon he'd have got loads turning up and sold loads of beer and food..
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

The crowd will look OK today for sure.. Cue loads of comments saying we knew Des was doing a grand job.. Crisis over..watch those comments roll in...

Forget the rest of the week.. Forgot they cannot fund this.. Forget they are not recognised by the WDF.. Forget how there's not one sponsor on that stage design no matter how nice it may look.... So yes Des is going a grand job because a half full venue doesn't look bad on TV one afternoon
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter01 wrote:The crowd will look OK today for sure.. Cue loads of comments saying we knew Des was doing a grand job.. Crisis over..watch those comments roll in...

Forget the rest of the week.. Forgot they cannot fund this.. Forget they are not recognised by the WDF.. Forget how there's not one sponsor on that stage design no matter how nice it may look.... So yes Des is going a grand job because a half full venue doesn't look bad on TV one afternoon
Aye fully expecting the "people will have to eat humble pie" comments in about 50 minutes time.
Big Jock Knew
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

trotter01 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:08 pm The crowd will look OK today for sure.. Cue loads of comments saying we knew Des was doing a grand job.. Crisis over..watch those comments roll in...

from Monday to Thursday it not great
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Watch the latest Barry Hearn interview on LiveDarts. Start around 11:30.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Good crowd, great stage and good coverage.

Top stuff.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

The Pole switching away from the 180, ensuring another Koala dies.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

Wazza180 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:05 am It sounds like ticket sales for this weekend are better than expected. Why not celebrate that?
because the ticket sales are apparently why there is no prize money, not the increase for the ladies nor anything at all yet announced for the mens even though it has started - polish bloke on the way home not yet knowing if he won bus fare :?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Plenty of support for the Lincs player.