O2 players - who will get a Tour Card?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Most of the male players and a good number of the female players from the current O2 fiasco have announced they will enter Q-School.

Bearing in mind the 30-odd available cards will be split between a UK and a Euro event, who from the O2 do you think will get a card to play the Tour this year.

Have at it.
Deleted User

Re: O2 players - who will get a Tour Card?

Post by Deleted User »

I'll go first.

None of them.
Last edited by Deleted User on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Surely this question would be easier to answer once we know how many of the 57 players from this week are playing in it, and how many are actually available.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am Surely this question would be easier to answer once we know how many of the 57 players from this week are playing in it, and how many are actually available.
True. Let's assume that they're all going as the BDO is going bust.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am Surely this question would be easier to answer once we know how many of the 57 players from this week are playing in it, and how many are actually available.
Common sense would dictate this but "overlooked David" couldn't wait........the hate is so strong in him.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

No no no, it doesn’t matter how many are going as none of them will get a card, someone said so :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I cant agree with "none". At least one will.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:31 am I cant agree with "none". At least one will.
Ok. The point is that you say who that person will be :D :D
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 am
Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:31 am I cant agree with "none". At least one will.
Jim of course you numpty...
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 am
Jim of course you numpty...
Just like he did last year?..... Oh, wait......
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

In the interest of rising above the childishness of some on here. I would expect Jim Williams to get one this year, he knows what it's all about now, I think Scott dog will have enough to get one. I'll also put unterbuchner down for one on the euro q-school.

Then it's a 50/50 for waites and Warren. Waites was poor last year but if he has a good 1st day and gains some confidence I can see him making it. Wayne Warren also appears in form and should be full of confidence regardless of the result tonight.

Sadly I think the women will fall just short again this year. Hopefully sherrock beau susuki and Ashton will all improve their challenge tour results this year. This is a more realistic aim for them at this stage.
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

Keane Barry has best chance id say
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

lets wait for the final list.
The exodus will be interesting this year not to who is going but how many.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Is there a list of current entrants or not until the day?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter01 wrote:Is there a list of current entrants or not until the day?
There is a link to current entrants in the other thread.
Big Jock Knew
SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

Williams
Harms
Veenstra
Warren
Mitchell
Unterbuchner

Are probably the most likely

Waites
Evans
Kleermaker
Landman

Slight chance

The rest no chance too inconsistent
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I think Jim Williams will, he knows what he needs to do after completely messing up last year and I’m guessing he’s going to have been working with duzza a lot

Waites and Mitchel are 2 in the bracket of if they turn up and play how they can they will at least be up there in the rankings but waited didn’t really turn up last year and didn’t do much better in the challenge tour games he played

Can’t see any women getting through. Fallon won’t play anywhere near how she did on stage, Suzuki is going to have to be at her best level all week same with Lisa to stand a chance and it’s too early for beau

Think we might see a few get through the European one as from memory it’s a lot of dross in that. I’d expect harms to walk it and I said it earlier in the week but I can see unterbuchner just being lost in this with his first step up to playing these events
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

I think you only have to look at how the bdo players have performed at the Grand Slam over the last few years. It is going to be hard enough for many seasoned PDC players to win one
bishbashbosh180
Brass Darts

Post by bishbashbosh180 »

Jim is very consistent at winning games so should score good points so he has a strong chance. Beyond that it is really hard to call as there are a lot of good players from challenge tour, Dev tour and ex card holders. Plus there are an increasing number of unknowns who turn up expecting to average
100 plus. Will be interesting to watch on DartConnect, like seeing how Glen was doing last year but with many more.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

nevil22 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:05 pm I think you only have to look at how the bdo players have performed at the Grand Slam over the last few years. It is going to be hard enough for many seasoned PDC players to win one
Here he is :DDD: