Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: BDO not paying its bills?

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:42 am
Wazza180 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:51 am
Dannyboy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 am
Wazza180 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:35 pm The BDO is still marketable in the right hands. It is an alternative to the PDC both for the players and viewers. Some players enjoy the BDO lifestyle. Some ladies need a proper ladies tour. Some semi-pros do not want to spend their free time playing darts and see darts as more of a hobby. Some viewers want something different to MVG vs Wright.

Need I remind you all that the final Lakeside on BBC drew better viewing figures than the PDC tournament that replaced it. There is an audience for the BDO. It's just needs the right people at the helm and the procedure to be followed through with properly.

I am not saying that the BDO can compete with the PDC. Hearn has won the battle for the professional side of the game and will make money for years to come. But there is a place for the BDO, even in these times where darts in on the decline.
The BDO Lifestyle - how dare a thing like money affect Scott Mitchell’s drinking weekends?
I mean that some players like to work full time and play as a hobby. Same as those who play county. Those who take this route tend to be very happy. After all, it's a pub game. It isn't really meant to be a professional sport.
I'm sure Mitchell prefers 80 hour weeks starting at 5am knee-deep in shit to playing darts for a living full-time.

I mean, who wouldn't?
That's proper work David.....something you would not understand.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

That was easy.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

craigmc wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:42 am
Wazza180 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 am How much the players earn is of zero interest to me. Why? Because I'm not a top darts player or his agent. Whether a darts organisation calls their world championship a professional championship is also irrelevant really. Even if I rather they didn't.

Hypothetically I want a darts organisation to have half a dozen comps on a year with a combination of players in it. A good mix of tournies with their own identity, but with large but respectful audiences. A governing body who puts ethics and sport above money and a non profit one at that. And one who is no ashamed of the roots of the game.

I can't be clearer than that.
Your posts,combined with really poor darts have made this week a real chore. Bog off into oblivion with your BDO.
Are you crying?
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

So kane is having more digs at people questioning Hamiltons interview, hes saying there is no guarantee of any prize money in any contracts .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bovvered wrote:So kane is having more digs at people questioning Hamiltons interview, hes saying there is no guarantee of any prize money in any contracts .
Des has used Kanes account before. Bet its him.
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

bovvered wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 am So kane is having more digs at people questioning Hamiltons interview, hes saying there is no guarantee of any prize money in any contracts .
Who is Kane?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:
bovvered wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 am So kane is having more digs at people questioning Hamiltons interview, hes saying there is no guarantee of any prize money in any contracts .
Who is Kane?
The progeny of Des and Paula.
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 am
Murphio wrote:
Who is Kane?
Ah right.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Who is Kane?
Wow.
What a thought.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

'Sponsors pulled out'. An interesting excuse when Des chose to walk away from Lakeside and its prize pot in order to realise his ridiculous 02 vanity project.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Very Interesting, that the spawn of Des would know whats in the contracts
deathrides
Steady Sixties

Post by deathrides »

Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

They're not going to get paid are they?

Just to throw something out there - if the company is put into administration / liquidated, what legs do the players have to stand on? Their contracts (to my knowledge) do not have £ amounts entered... so how can any player claim in an insolvency court that monies are owed to them?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Dannyboy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:14 pm They're not going to get paid are they?

Just to throw something out there - if the company is put into administration / liquidated, what legs do the players have to stand on? Their contracts (to my knowledge) do not have £ amounts entered... so how can any player claim in an insolvency court that monies are owed to them?
Short answer - they can't (providing the contracts are in Des's favour as you state).
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:
Dannyboy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:14 pm They're not going to get paid are they?

Short answer - they can't (providing the contracts are in Des's favour as you state).
They had amounts in them, he is talking cobblers in that regard.
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

What amounts were they then?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dannyboy wrote:What amounts were they then?
The same as last year for the men, and the newly promised doubled amounts for the wimmin.
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:20 pm
Murphio wrote:

They had amounts in them, he is talking cobblers in that regard.
If that is true then they become creditors - it would be up to someone who wanted to buy the company from the administrator to make an offer for a CVA which they would vote on. Or, more likely, since the company has no assets it will be liquidated and the players get nothing.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

But the board told folk they didn't have the money mentioned in the contracts.

thus fallon walked. And the rest still played not knowing the new amount. So I would think they have no legal standing.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

I cant imagine the position is as bad as some are making out. If it is Jacklin is far stupider than I thought as he is going to be in all sorts of trouble.