BDO not paying its bills?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
masticman
Superleague Player

Re: BDO not paying its bills?

Post by masticman »

devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:59 pm But the board told folk they didn't have the money mentioned in the contracts.

thus fallon walked. And the rest still played not knowing the new amount. So I would think they have no legal standing.
Correct. Tbh I can't see y the other players didn't walk as well. If they knew there was no money in the bank to pay prize money
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:20 pm
Murphio wrote:
Dannyboy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:14 pm They're not going to get paid are they?

Just to throw something out there - if the company is put into administration / liquidated, what legs do the players have to stand on? Their contracts (to my knowledge) do not have £ amounts entered... so how can any player claim in an insolvency court that monies are owed to them?
Short answer - they can't (providing the contracts are in Des's favour as you state).
They had amounts in them, he is talking cobblers in that regard.
Yes he is. Regardless of the letter sent by Des advising of the prize money no longer being as per the signed contract, said letter has no standing unless new contract was signed. The BDO are in breach of contract, however with no pot to piss in, suing them would be a total waste of time.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:39 pm
Murphio wrote:
Dannyboy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:14 pm They're not going to get paid are they?

Just to throw something out there - if the company is put into administration / liquidated, what legs do the players have to stand on? Their contracts (to my knowledge) do not have £ amounts entered... so how can any player claim in an insolvency court that monies are owed to them?
Short answer - they can't (providing the contracts are in Des's favour as you state).
Yes he is. Regardless of the letter sent by Des advising of the prize money no longer being as per the signed contract, said letter has no standing unless new contract was signed. The BDO are in breach of contract, however with no pot to piss in, suing them would be a total waste of time.
Not if you sue them first & get a charge on the assets, you'll get your money even if you have to send in the sheriffs!
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

nikkiboy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:42 pm
ssjsa wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:39 pm
Murphio wrote:

Not if you sue them first & get a charge on the assets, you'll get your money even if you have to send in the sheriffs!
What assets do the Board have to be poinded.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

There's a truck, stage sets, boards etc.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Black Velvet wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:30 am
craigmc wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:42 am
Wazza180 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 am How much the players earn is of zero interest to me. Why? Because I'm not a top darts player or his agent. Whether a darts organisation calls their world championship a professional championship is also irrelevant really. Even if I rather they didn't.

Hypothetically I want a darts organisation to have half a dozen comps on a year with a combination of players in it. A good mix of tournies with their own identity, but with large but respectful audiences. A governing body who puts ethics and sport above money and a non profit one at that. And one who is no ashamed of the roots of the game.

I can't be clearer than that.
Your posts,combined with really poor darts have made this week a real chore. Bog off into oblivion with your BDO.
Are you crying?
Wasn't funny on df. Another one for ignore
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:42 am
Wazza180 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:51 am
Dannyboy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 am
Wazza180 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:35 pm The BDO is still marketable in the right hands. It is an alternative to the PDC both for the players and viewers. Some players enjoy the BDO lifestyle. Some ladies need a proper ladies tour. Some semi-pros do not want to spend their free time playing darts and see darts as more of a hobby. Some viewers want something different to MVG vs Wright.

Need I remind you all that the final Lakeside on BBC drew better viewing figures than the PDC tournament that replaced it. There is an audience for the BDO. It's just needs the right people at the helm and the procedure to be followed through with properly.

I am not saying that the BDO can compete with the PDC. Hearn has won the battle for the professional side of the game and will make money for years to come. But there is a place for the BDO, even in these times where darts in on the decline.
The BDO Lifestyle - how dare a thing like money affect Scott Mitchell’s drinking weekends?
I mean that some players like to work full time and play as a hobby. Same as those who play county. Those who take this route tend to be very happy. After all, it's a pub game. It isn't really meant to be a professional sport.
I'm sure Mitchell prefers 80 hour weeks starting at 5am knee-deep in shit to playing darts for a living full-time.

I mean, who wouldn't?
Some people enjoy their job.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Seriously farming is in the blood for some folk.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:45 pm Seriously farming is in the blood for some folk.
We need Farmers more then Professional Darts Players
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:48 pm
devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:45 pm Seriously farming is in the blood for some folk.
We do.

But my point is some folk just love being a farmer. Maybe Mitchell is one of them.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 pm
We do.

But my point is some folk just love being a farmer. Maybe Mitchell is one of them.
He going to Q School. Lets see how he does
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

so what was the prize in the end? I missed the end of it.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 pm
We do.

Exactly.
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

We have now reached peak mushroom. The idea that money in the amateur game is a bad thing. I'm sure Wayne Warren will be happy to have won the event, but you'd have to have rocks in your head not to think he'll be disappointed that a comp that was worth 100 grand 12 months ago will net him 23 grand if he's lucky.
Last edited by Thehateful180 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Thehateful180 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:27 am We have now reached peak Fun Guy. The ideanthat money in the amateur game is a bad thing. I'm sure Wayne Warren will be happy to have won the event, but you'd have to have rocks in your head not to think he'll be disappointed that a comp that was worth 100 grand 12 months ago will net him 23 grand if he's lucky.
Durrant probably cant believe his luck. Raped the event for 3 x £100k before the sh1t hit the fan and he bailed.
Big Jock Knew
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

If the BDO folds it will change the face of the game overnight. Millions play under the bdo banner currently. They are playing under the titanic pyramid system that is the lakeside world professional darts championship. That championship is directly tied to the bdo. You take it away and things to start to unravel a bit.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Wazza180 wrote:If the BDO folds it will change the face of the game overnight. Millions play under the bdo banner currently. They are playing under the titanic pyramid system that is the lakeside world professional darts championship. That championship is directly tied to the bdo. You take it away and things to start to unravel a bit.
What a muppet. You are either trolling or clueless how Darts actually runs at grass roots level in this country.
Your looking a fool at the moment but look potentially like a good contributor. Sort yourself out.
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Could Des not offer to pay off the debts with "prestige"? From what I have been reading on here this morning, that's more valuable than money.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Skewball wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 am
Wazza180 wrote:If the BDO folds it will change the face of the game overnight. Millions play under the bdo banner currently. They are playing under the titanic pyramid system that is the lakeside world professional darts championship. That championship is directly tied to the bdo. You take it away and things to start to unravel a bit.
What a muppet. You are either trolling or clueless how Darts actually runs at grass roots level in this country.
Your looking a fool at the moment but look potentially like a good contributor. Sort yourself out.
I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm sorry if it offends you. I'm not going to pretend I think differently to please you or others.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Wazza180 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:21 am
Skewball wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 am
I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm sorry if it offends you. I'm not going to pretend I think differently to please you or others.
it doesn't offend me, very little does so don't worry, no need to apologise :)

Your opinion about millions playing under the 'BDO banner' is just plain wrong... 'sorry''