If the BDO survives and someone new takes over.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Wazza180
Pub Champion

If the BDO survives and someone new takes over.

Post by Wazza180 »

What would you do.

Improve communication. Make the tour more accessible and streamline things a bit. Make the Masters and lakeside the best they can be. Scrap the WDT. Improve communication a lot more.

Simple and possibly achievable goals.
Ginge
International

Re: If the BDO survives and someone new takes over.

Post by Ginge »

How do you propose they "scrap the WDT" when they hold a contract with Eurosport to at least run it 2 more times?

How do you propose they go back to Lakeside when they hold a contract with the o2 to go back there 9 more times?
Big Jock Knew
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

I'd forget trying to compete with the PDC and just concentrate on grass roots darts. Therefore, scrap the world champs, world masters and world trophy and just concentrate on the amateur side of the game with particular emphasis on youth.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

What does the BDO do for grassroots darts players anyway?

I play weekly, the BDO have never done anything for me.

Leagues I play in, have no BDO affiliation and neither does any tournaments.

So can someone enlighten me?
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:25 am How do you propose they "scrap the WDT" when they hold a contract with Eurosport to at least run it 2 more times?

How do you propose they go back to Lakeside when they hold a contract with the o2 to go back there 9 more times?
Well people are moaning at Des for not scrapping the Sportotal deal that he didn’t sign...
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Have a proper investigation into the finances.
Move the world championships and remove the word professional from its title.
Have the world championships at the end of the season.
Scrap the WDT (speak to eurosport about just having 2 comps - they would work with that I reckon).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

devosteve wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:40 am Have a proper investigation into the finances.
Move the world championships and remove the word professional from its title.
Have the world championships at the end of the season.
Scrap the WDT (speak to eurosport about just having 2 comps - they would work with that I reckon).
If this week's winners get little or no prize money, they'll have no choice but to remove "professional" (or "proffesional" for that matter) from the title.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:How do you propose they "scrap the WDT" when they hold a contract with Eurosport to at least run it 2 more times?

I’ll take a guess that the Eurosport deal is for the grand total of zero pounds and zero pence so I can’t imagine there will be much backlash for cancelling it

As for the o2, the ticket sales alone would be enough reason for both parties to say yeah let’s knock this on the head
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:How do you propose they "scrap the WDT" when they hold a contract with Eurosport to at least run it 2 more times?

I’ll take a guess that the Eurosport deal is for the grand total of zero pounds and zero pence
Nope.

Other than the fact there is money involved, do you really really think Sportotal would have negotiated a deal which brought no money in, given they would be taking a cut?
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I’ll take a guess that the Eurosport deal is for the grand total of zero pounds and zero pence
Nope.

Other than the fact there is money involved, do you really really think Sportotal would have negotiated a deal which brought no money in, given they would be taking a cut?
To be fair, if I was raking in a guaranteed 5 grand a month (or whatever it is) for sitting on my hole doing the square root of fuck-all, I'd not be too arsed about the details of the deals I was supposedly arranging, even if there was a drink in it for me.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Nope.

The deal was get darts on tv no matter what and they went with Eurosport who are struggling and just filling their channels with nothing

Even if there is money changing hands it will be minimal for them and something I doubt they will care if one party walks away (and we are only talking about them reducing the contract nothing else)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Heard from more than one source there is money involved, so I will beg to differ on that one for now.
Big Jock Knew
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

They got to take a look where they make themselves look like fools and amateurs .

No.1 get rid of Des and Bo they are fucking awful for the brand , and its all about brand these days.

Bring in a proper marketing officer and actually publicise events properly and not some make shift photoshop effort that my 13 year old son could do a better job off.

Easy game.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Stranbougie wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:12 am They got to take a look where they make themselves look like fools and amateurs .

No.1 get rid of Des and Bo they are fekkin awful for the brand , and its all about brand these days.

Bring in a proper marketing officer and actually publicise events properly and not some make shift photoshop effort that my 13 year old son could do a better job off.

Easy game.
No no no no Martin Adams coming in (again) will apparently solve everything :roll:
Big Jock Knew
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 am
Stranbougie wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:12 am They got to take a look where they make themselves look like fools and amateurs .

No.1 get rid of Des and Bo they are fekkin awful for the brand , and its all about brand these days.

Easy game.
No no no no Martin Adams coming in (again) will apparently solve everything :roll:
Regardless of what the mongs think about the PDC they have proven one thing there is a market for darts out there and there is alot of fucking money to be made.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Stranbougie wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 am

Easy game.
Regardless of what the mongs think about the PDC they have proven one thing there is a market for darts out there and there is alot of fekkin money to be made.
There is absolutely zero chance the BDO will want to appeal to the "m0ng pound", even though they probably should.
Big Jock Knew
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:17 am
Stranbougie wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 am

Easy game.
Regardless of what the mongs think about the PDC they have proven one thing there is a market for darts out there and there is alot of fekkin money to be made.
There is absolutely zero chance the BDO will want to appeal to the "m0ng pound", even though they probably should.
Well they have to be realistic about what they can achieve.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I don’t think you need to scrap the WDT Just move to hotel ziderdown in Holland useally good crowds there

To save the world masters have that at lakeside crowds not to bad when it was last held there. I think cuz of long contract with o2 world pro stuck there getting sponsor not easy

But I would definitely change way the season split up 1st 3 days afternoon evening Tuesday to Thursday evening only
Keep Friday afternoon Saturday just have woman and men’s semi Then Sunday adds afternoon with women and youth final evening men’s
brainim
The Ton Club

Post by brainim »

TheSandman wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:36 am What does the BDO do for grassroots darts players anyway?

I play weekly, the BDO have never done anything for me.

Leagues I play in, have no BDO affiliation and neither does any tournaments.

So can someone enlighten me?
they just milk the counties for fees and give them little back in return, the counties run all their local leagues and events themselves any way.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

NvH wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 am I'd forget trying to compete with the PDC and just concentrate on grass roots darts. Therefore, scrap the world champs, world masters and world trophy and just concentrate on the amateur side of the game with particular emphasis on youth.
What a silly remark to make, just because they are having a few difficulties at the moment doesn't mean they should scrap the Worlds, still the best comp of the year. they should move it later in the year to spring time, January is a stupid time to have it.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"