O2 players - who will get a Tour Card?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ILAD
International

Re: O2 players - who will get a Tour Card?

Post by ILAD »

callataxi wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:39 pm Scott mitchell, harms,warren dont appear on dart connect as entries? Are they definitely going?
Just have to wait till the list gets updated.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

foggs3355 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:41 pm Had Lisa entered yet I did see her name we just have to wait and see the full list
Who cares? She won't get a card.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 pm
foggs3355 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:41 pm Had Lisa entered yet I did see her name we just have to wait and see the full list
Came within 1 point last year she can thro midd 90s over best of 9
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Its a lottery.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:Someone say the "L" word, quickly!
Boom!!!!!!
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I stick by it ginge.

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 pm
Boom!!!!!!
As cliches go it's not the worst I have ever heard. An open draw can see one player fluke a load of easy games and someone else be handed the dregs. There are players earning cards while much better players lose out. The guaranteed cards for Lakeside semi finalists should never have been dropped.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:
Boom!!!!!!
As cliches go it's not the worst I have ever heard. An open draw can see one player fluke a load of easy games and someone else be handed the dregs. There are players earning cards while much better players lose out. The guaranteed cards for Lakeside semi finalists should never have been dropped.
Funny how he only started using it though once Jamie Hughes didnt get through. Was adament he would beforehand.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:14 pm
Murphio wrote:
Boom!!!!!!
Funny how he only started using it though once Jamie Hughes didnt get through. Was adament he would beforehand.
I've always said the same :D

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Murphio wrote:
Boom!!!!!!
Hughes is a good example - a very good player who missed out while other lesser players went through. Glenn Durrant is one of the top 16 players in the world, maybe top eight, and he scraped in by the skin of his teeth. I don't think Q School nessecarily gives cards to the best players and that needs looking at.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Durrant scrapped in and now is near the top 16.... Yeah i think its a lottery.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Boom!!!!!!
I've always said the same :D
No you havent.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

foggs3355 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:47 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 pm
Came within 1 point last year she can thro midd 90s over best of 9
Didn't get a card then? Thanks for confirming.

And thanks to Oche for chucking in the L word on cue.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Murphio wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:19 pm
Murphio wrote:
Boom!!!!!!
Hughes is a good example - a very good player who missed out while other lesser players went through. Glenn Durrant is one of the top 16 players in the world, maybe top eight, and he scraped in by the skin of his teeth. I don't think Q School nessecarily gives cards to the best players and that needs looking at.

Couldn’t agree more, something needs to be looked especially if the worst happens to the BDO and/or there is some alignment between the PDC and WDF to better stream through players to get cards to the tour. Is there a Q School in golf, for example? Oh the term Q School is rather naff!
rubyred90
Feather Flights

Post by rubyred90 »

DavidB wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 pm
Murphio wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 pm Boom!!!!!!

Couldn’t agree more, something needs to be looked especially if the worst happens to the BDO and/or there is some alignment between the PDC and WDF to better stream through players to get cards to the tour. Is there a Q School in golf, for example? Oh the term Q School is rather naff!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualifying_school
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

rubyred90 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 pm
DavidB wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 pm
Murphio wrote: As cliches go it's not the worst I have ever heard. An open draw can see one player fluke a load of easy games and someone else be handed the dregs. There are players earning cards while much better players lose out. The guaranteed cards for Lakeside semi finalists should never have been dropped.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualifying_school

Cheers.

I think then Murphio’s point is a valid one, in an open darts draw one player could cruise to card playing no hopers yet someone like Mitchell and Waites could draw each in the first round! In golf surely it’s a more even playing field to earn a tour card so something needs to be looked at in darts QS...
Last edited by DavidB on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Are we doing a Q School comp this year?
Who ran it last year?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Some highly fancied players draw each other early doors every year.

But it's impossible to seed due to the differing backgrounds of all the players.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

It is a lottery.. but only to an extent..

You get 4 bites at the cherry in an event lacking the top 64 in the rankings plus others who haven't held a card for 2 years... If any player is serous about making big inroads in the PDC they should do OK in this over 4 events...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:07 pm Some highly fancied players draw each other early doors every year.

But it's impossible to seed due to the differing backgrounds of all the players.

That’s the thing, I don’t think seeding is the answer because how could you do it? But there has to be an alternative. Perhaps if there is to be alignment with the WDF then you could seed from
that in the future or so many say top 16 earn cards...