O2 players - who will get a Tour Card?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

Re: O2 players - who will get a Tour Card?

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:03 pm Are we doing a Q School comp this year?
Who ran it last year?
footballafc has run a Q School Competition for the last 2 years, putting up a £10 Darts Corner voucher.

Not been active on the forum for a while, so don't think he will be making it a hat trick.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

trotter01 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:09 pm It is a lottery.. but only to an extent..

You get 4 bites at the cherry in an event lacking the top 64 in the rankings plus others who haven't held a card for 2 years... If any player is serous about making big inroads in the PDC they should do OK in this over 4 events...

So the classic example to counter that is Glen Durrant, 3 x times world champion, 2 x world master was one dart away from not getting a card and only scrapped through on the OoM yet has gone on to make 3 x major semi finals and a quarters at Ally Pally and is now in the Premier League! Yet the nature of QS nearly meant this all never happened and that can’t be right!
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

DavidB wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:18 pm
trotter01 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:09 pm It is a lottery.. but only to an extent..

You get 4 bites at the cherry in an event lacking the top 64 in the rankings plus others who haven't held a card for 2 years... If any player is serous about making big inroads in the PDC they should do OK in this over 4 events...

So the classic example to counter that is Glen Durrant, 3 x times world champion, 2 x world master was one dart away from not getting a card and only scrapped through on the OoM yet has gone on to make 3 x major semi finals and a quarters at Ally Pally and is now in the Premier League! Yet the nature of QS nearly meant this all never happened and that can’t be right!
That's true.. I was really shocked at the meal Durrant made of QS.. he should have coasted through but lost to players he'd never lose to in a month of Sundays.. I think he was under immense pressure after 3 Lakeside though.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

DavidB wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:18 pm

Scott Waites is a two time Lakeside and Grand Slam champion and lost in a Riley's qualifier for the UK Open - quite apart from his failure to get a tour card. There are guys who just don't appear to be cut out for these type of events but who are still capable of throwing 100 averages and beating anyone on TV. As I recall Dean Winstanley struggled to get a card when it was a lot easier than it is now before making a major impact in his PDC debut year. The fact someone of the calibre of Glenn durrant was within a dart of not getting a card should tell the PDC that some allowance needs to be made - starting with the last four of Lakeside getting one as in previous years.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Chisnall coasted in on his first day didnt beat much

L128- Steve Watts 6-1
L64- Gary O'Connell 6-0
L32- Mark Jodrill 6-3
L16- Gary Eastwood 6-1
QF- Terry Temple 6-2

Pretty easy- But its more of a lottery since then
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:58 pm Chisnall coasted in on his first day didnt beat much

L128- Steve Watts 6-1
L64- Gary O'Connell 6-0
L32- Mark Jodrill 6-3
L16- Gary Eastwood 6-1
QF- Terry Temple 6-2

Hey! Leave Jodders alone!
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:58 pm Chisnall coasted in on his first day didnt beat much

L128- Steve Watts 6-1
L64- Gary O'Connell 6-0
L32- Mark Jodrill 6-3
L16- Gary Eastwood 6-1
QF- Terry Temple 6-2

It's alright for you to criticise people though.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

TimmyB wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:

L128- Steve Watts 6-1
L64- Gary O'Connell 6-0
L32- Mark Jodrill 6-3
L16- Gary Eastwood 6-1
QF- Terry Temple 6-2

I'm claiming that.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
TimmyB wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:

L128- Steve Watts 6-1
L64- Gary O'Connell 6-0
L32- Mark Jodrill 6-3
L16- Gary Eastwood 6-1
QF- Terry Temple 6-2

I'm claiming that.
You always do when you get owned.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

foggs3355 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:47 pm
Came within 1 point last year she can thro midd 90s over best of 9
She very rarely does that. She's hit a 90+ average on TV on just 3 occasions out of 65 (according to Darts Database).
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

DavidB wrote:

I think the format of qschool is right with the idea that 4 days of darts the best players shine through, we saw that with Chissy years ago, Hughes last year who walked day 1 and cadby who walked it. Duzza was a bit of an anomaly in that I think he put far too much pressure on himself making it such a big deal over the years. Someone mentioned deano I was there that weekend and it was a case of losing a cracking match in day 1, bottling day2 and then winning day 3 which kinda proves the point.

I think the issue is the oom and how they do that to get the consistent players through, I’d prefer it a point a game won or even a point a leg.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 am
DavidB wrote:

I think the format of qschool is right with the idea that 4 days of darts the best players shine through, we saw that with Chissy years ago, Hughes last year who walked day 1 and cadby who walked it. Duzza was a bit of an anomaly in that I think he put far too much pressure on himself making it such a big deal over the years. Someone mentioned deano I was there that weekend and it was a case of losing a cracking match in day 1, bottling day2 and then winning day 3 which kinda proves the point.

I think the issue is the oom and how they do that to get the consistent players through, I’d prefer it a point a game won or even a point a leg.
Point a leg just adds to the effect of the random draw.

The random draw can have better players play each other early, killing their points total. I think it would be a good idea to try to introduce some seeding. Could have board seeds for the Pro Tour and Challenge Tour rankings, and then on the last day seed based on points accumulated.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

The final list be interesting how many tried q school
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Love him or hate him I would love DBG to get a card.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

We all would. Sadly, he isn't good enough which will be borne out by his averages.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wouldnt be at all surprised if he is thrown out of the competition after one game, tbh. Maybe trying to destroy the tablet to stop his losing average going on display to the world.

He does know we all finally get to see his averages now, yes? Hope Graham Fairhurst has got himself some decent life cover.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

He will say dartconnect is wrong and recording his 140's as 41s

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

He will say dartconnect is wrong and recording his 140's as 41s

masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:15 pm He will say dartconnect is wrong and recording his 140's as 41s
I can't belive he is going. Wot price is he for a no show
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bump.