Fallon Sherrock

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Fallon Sherrock

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:Will Lisa be shoehorned in somehow?
As said in the other thread, Fallon beat Lisa on the way and is getting recognised for her achievement

Lisa has to show the same achievement now in P-C events and tv majors
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Lisa has to beat men on TV to get the same attention as Fallon.. Anything that happens on TV is magnified 10 fold...
Good achievement by Ashton but Sherrock's is still greater in my opinion due to the event itself and the expectation and publicity.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

trotter01 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:34 pm Lisa has to beat men on TV to get the same attention as Fallon.. Anything that happens on TV is magnified 10 fold...
Good achievement by Ashton but Sherrock's is still greater in my opinion due to the event itself and the expectation and publicity.
Ashton didn't have the help of her opponents being booed and jeered while they were throwing but they were certainly lower ranked opponents.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

trotter01 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:34 pm Lisa has to beat men on TV to get the same attention as Fallon.. Anything that happens on TV is magnified 10 fold...
She will get her chance soon round 1 UK open she bound to be on tv main stage that game
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:30 pm
ChrisW wrote:Will Lisa be shoehorned in somehow?
As said in the other thread, Fallon beat Lisa on the way and is getting recognised for her achievement

Lisa has to show the same achievement now in P-C events and tv majors
Think PDC jumped the gun on Fallon. She hasn't done a lot at q-school so doesn't bode well for challenge tour either. And after the World series what she going to do?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:52 pm Will Lisa be shoehorned in somehow?
No chance for the PL, but full World Series participants have not been announced yet, so it is possible Lisa may get an invite to one or more of these events.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:49 pm
ChrisW wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:52 pm Will Lisa be shoehorned in somehow?
No chance for the PL, but full World Series participants have not been announced yet, so it is possible Lisa may get an invite to one or more of these events.
That was my thinking. Watch this space.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

phil davies wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:44 pm
Greater acheivemwnt yes. Greater player no chance both Ashton and Mikuru are miles better players than Fallon.
Neither would have won those matches at Ally Pally though and Fallon beat Ashton to get there and probably was better over the whole year.. So currently I'd say its debatable.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

A few weeks ago there isnt a single person on here who would argue Fallon is the best female player in the world.

2 TV wins at ally pally and now it's up for debate.

Pixie dust is a magical, wonderful thing.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Rout wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm A few weeks ago there isnt a single person on here who would argue Fallon is the best female player in the world.

Is anyone arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world or is this another of your strawmen?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Fallon's achievement is still the pinnacle of Ladies darts for the last 20 years. To play like that on that stage on TV, especially in the second game, and especially the checkout %'s that she managed across both games was an awesome achievement. I see her not qualifying for the tour as similar to Scot Mitchell and Jim Williams failing while Bradley Brooks, Aaron Beeny, Gary Blades etc have managed it. Scot and Jim are better players and have achievement more in the game than most who have qualified. I posted before what I would change for Q School/Pro Tour :)

And of course Lisa's achievement is very very impressive as well, if she performs well on the main tour and gets into a TV event (not UK open) from the OOM then that I think would surpass what Fallon achieved.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Murphio wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:56 pm
Rout wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm A few weeks ago there isnt a single person on here who would argue Fallon is the best female player in the world.

Is anyone arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world or is this another of your strawmen?
The post above the one I made? Saying its debatable? Which is what I said in my post?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I think if ANY woman had gone to Ally Pally and done the same thing, surely their name has to be lobbed into the mix whether you agree with it or not, no?
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:I think if ANY woman had gone to Ally Pally and done the same thing, surely their name has to be lobbed into the mix whether you agree with it or not, no?
Even Paula?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Why do you even try to compare the two and say wich one is better??? BOTH are great !!!!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:47 pm
Ginge wrote:I think if ANY woman had gone to Ally Pally and done the same thing, surely their name has to be lobbed into the mix whether you agree with it or not, no?
Even Paula?
Yes. Although it would be a strange universe where she went up on the Ally Pally stage, beat two men (one a PDC top 16 player) and ran the third close over 5/7 sets. But you can dream I suppose.
Big Jock Knew
Devilfish2k
Feather Flights

Post by Devilfish2k »

So Week 2 in Nottingham is Fallon vs Glen!
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Rout wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm

The post above the one I made? Saying its debatable? Which is what I said in my post?
A few weeks on from Ally Pally there is still not a single person arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world. Saying it's 'up for debate' is not making a case for anyone in particular. So yes, it's a strawman argument. And incidentally I think it's interesting you think you can't make a case for how good Fallon is based on a small sample when you stated there were only 2/3 players in the world better than Stephen Bunting after a couple of weeks in the PDC.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Rout wrote:A few weeks ago there isnt a single person on here who would argue Fallon is the best female player in the world.

I’d put her in the top 4

For me it’s

Lisa - just
Suzuki
Anastasia on her day
Fallon

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm

A few weeks on from Ally Pally there is still not a single person arguing Fallon is the best female player in the world. Saying it's 'up for debate' is not making a case for anyone in particular. So yes, it's a strawman argument. And incidentally I think it's interesting you think you can't make a case for how good Fallon is based on a small sample when you stated there were only 2/3 players in the world better than Stephen Bunting after a couple of weeks in the PDC.
You are twisting my words. I never stated that anyone stated Fallon was the best in the world. Read my post again.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.