Glen Durrant

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Glen Durrant

Post by Ginge »

Ian getting himself into a tizz over me again, be careful mate, dont want you having another one now do we?
Big Jock Knew
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Ginge wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:20 pm Ian getting himself into a tizz over me again, be careful mate, dont want you having another one now do we?
I hope you run into some of those you abuse online one day. The old sweaty head would no doubt re-emerge.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Don't think gloating over a fellow member's serious health issues is good for the forum. No wonder no one in darts wants anything to do with the place.
UKDA 4 Life
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

Durrant gifted the game tonight by Smith and plays a bird next week, jammy get
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

78% on the doubles. 'Gifted' :)
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

😂

I cringe more every time he posts an opinion on darts.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Duzza is fantastic.
UKDA 4 Life
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

No, he won’t do anything in the PDC. The fanboys said so. Just like Bunting and Barney.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

He's doing fine. He even walked on to some good music for once last night.

Not fair to say he's made the same impact as Barney (as at least one person said in this thread said he had), as he's yet to win a major and there are more TV tournaments these days than there were 13 years ago. Bunting isn't really relevant in this discussion as he's still struggling to establish himself as a top player.

Duzza's record from winning his tour-card to 31/01/2020

Record in majors (7 appearances, 0 wins and 0 finals)

UK Open: L96
World Matchplay: S/F
Grand Prix: S/F
European Champs: L32
Grand Slam (cross code): S/F
Players Champ Finals: L16
World Championship: Q/F

Record on the tour (50 appearances, 4 finals and 2 victories)

Wins: PC4 Wigan and PC15 Barnsley

Runner up: PC2 Wigan and PC28 Ireland

Overall: 57 tournaments, 4 finals and 2 wins

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barney's record from when he joined the PDPA the day before the 2006 PL started until the end of January 2007

Record in majors (7 appearances, 4 finals and 3 victories)

International Darts League (cross code): WIN
Premier League: Semi
UK Open: WIN
Vegas Classic: Runner-up
World Darts Trophy (cross code): L32
Grand Prix: L16
World Champs: WIN

Record on the tour (23 appearances, 8 finals, 6 victories)

Wins: UK Open Midlands Regional, PC Hayling Island 2, UK Open Irish Regional, UK Open Scottish Regional, UK Open North East Regional, PC Gibraltar 1

Runner-up: Munich Open, Open Hotel Zwartewater

Overall: 30 tournaments, 12 finals and 9 wins

So despite playing just over half the number of tournaments, Barney managed to win almost half every major tournament he entered, and take 6 wins on the regular tour. Duzza has done well in the majors, but only has 2 wins to his name from 57 tournaments.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Barney in his first year of the PDC was great.. He was hungry and desperate to prove himself in the PDC which he sure did.
Eventually when he became another player in Taylor's pocket I think affected him and his attitude was dodgy to say the least after that.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

Bunting's record was far from impressive (I thought I might as well check it out):

Bunty's record from saying a heartfelt fuck you to the BDO (after his £100k cheque cleared) up to 31/01/2015

Record in majors (7 appearances, 0 wins and 0 finals)

UK Open: L32
World Matchplay: L16
Grand Prix: S/F
European Champs: Q/F
Grand Slam (cross code): Q/F
Players Champ Finals: L16
World Championship: Q/F

Record on the tour (38 appearances, 3 finals and 1 victory)

Wins: UK Open Qualifier 2

Runner up: PC Crawley 4 and Sydney Masters

Overall: 45 tournaments, 3 finals and 1 win
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I certainly remember posts like this when he went to q school:
Durrant won't do anything in the PDC, won't get into the top 32 and will never be in the Premier league let alone win a game against a top PDC player.

Oh hang on........
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

I wasn't around on the forum back then, but I've always known him to be a very talented player. Way before he even did the BDO circuit regularly. Thanks to this forum I knew that he was considered one of the best up in the North East, had the ability to go further but couldn't do the tour. After 3 consecutive Lakeside victories it was obvious he was going to do pretty well in the PDC.

Only a complete troll would have said he wouldn't win a match or make the top 32.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Difference is NVH is when Barney switched he was the 2nd best player in the world (ok he lost to Klassen) his switch was the end game for the BDO to challenge the PDC.

Durrant switch was widely anticipated but common sense of opinion said he wasn’t a top 2 player and even wasn’t a top 10 player, he had a lot of critics. Zeyes & Brett thought he should play on the challenge tour for a year
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

But, but there's no one left they muttered......... :DDD: :DDD:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:Difference is NVH is when Barney switched he was the 2nd best player in the world (ok he lost to Klassen) his switch was the end game for the BDO to challenge the PDC.

Durrant switch was widely anticipated but common sense of opinion said he wasn’t a top 2 player and even wasn’t a top 10 player, he had a lot of critics. Zeyes & Brett thought he should play on the challenge tour for a year
I dunno if I advocated it but it would have done him good if he went there like it’s done others (hughes being the prime example)

And let’s not look back with rose tinted glasses, he was not getting a tour card after day3 and he got it by the absolute skin of his teeth.

I personally thought he was a top 16 players he just needed to find some consistency that we are finally seeing. His most interesting interview was late last year when he acknowledged that he was a good player with a consistent 90 average but to get to the later stages of tv events and win majors he’s got to up his average to 100 consistently.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Barney is an all time great of darts. A hall of famer. Would make most peoples top 5 darts players in the history of the game.

I dont think anyone has suggested Glen is of that calibre. Not yet anyway.....
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

nikkiboy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:06 pm Didn't know this

Yeah it was years ago , I was Cleveland team manager and remember the call from him , his entire face had dropped on one side . He’s been wonderful to me after my stroke also.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

He’s definitely in the top 22
Easy to climb when he’s not defending anything
Will find his level more accurately then
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:54 pm
oche balboa wrote:Difference is NVH is when Barney switched he was the 2nd best player in the world (ok he lost to Klassen) his switch was the end game for the BDO to challenge the PDC.

I dunno if I advocated it but it would have done him good if he went there like it’s done others (hughes being the prime example)

And let’s not look back with rose tinted glasses, he was not getting a tour card after day3 and he got it by the absolute skin of his teeth.

I personally thought he was a top 16 players he just needed to find some consistency that we are finally seeing. His most interesting interview was late last year when he acknowledged that he was a good player with a consistent 90 average but to get to the later stages of tv events and win majors he’s got to up his average to 100 consistently.
No one is, It proves the Q School is a lottery (Chris Mason alluded to this in his interview last week) r
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021