The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
clarky
The Ton Club

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by clarky »

It was only up for about 5 minutes and then deleted Ginge - Looking at the grammar I thought it was an official BDO statement
oche balboa
International

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by oche balboa »

Yep it’s pathetic
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I'm tamping mad.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

Another person involved in darts who can barely speak their mother tongue. I know she's Welsh but that's no excuse.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Wonder who he has left a message to?

Who do the players think they are eh? The spirit of olly lives on.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Wonder who he has left a message to?

Who do the players think they are eh? The spirit of olly lives on.
They are entitled to be annoyed. If Giovanna doesnt like the actions of her employer (?) she knows what she can do about it.
Big Jock Knew
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

clarky wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:34 pm It was only up for about 5 minutes and then deleted Ginge - Looking at the grammar I thought it was an official BDO statement
:grin: :grin:
mrsheen
Pub Champion

Post by mrsheen »

NvH wrote:Another person involved in darts who can barely speak their mother tongue. I know she's Welsh but that's no excuse.
Welsh is certainly not vowel language.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Chambers Media have their work cut out
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Not with the usual trolling posts either, but players and employees/board members playing it all out over social media
They will never learn
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

I can't understand why they cannot pay all players on the same day.. Its hardly a cast of thousands... What an amateur hour it all remains... and fancy dart players who have not been paid and not sure how much and when they will receive anything being a bit annoyed..
Even the eventual issuing of the payments is a farce..

This supposed 150k from Eurosport that's enabled the payments... Is that all from Eurosport or is there more to come from other events?... It all looks very dodgy going forward..
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter01 wrote:I can't understand why they cannot pay all players on the same day.. Its hardly a cast of thousands... What an amateur hour it all remains... and fancy dart players who have not been paid and not sure how much and when they will receive anything being a bit annoyed..

This supposed 150k from Eurosport that's enabled the payments... Is that all from Eurosport or is there more to come from other events?... It all looks very dodgy going forward..
I still ask where the ticket income has vanished to. Addicks worked that out to easily be the same amount again.
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Eurosport actually paid £150k for that product?
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:28 pm
trotter01 wrote:I can't understand why they cannot pay all players on the same day.. Its hardly a cast of thousands... What an amateur hour it all remains... and fancy dart players who have not been paid and not sure how much and when they will receive anything being a bit annoyed..

I still ask where the ticket income has vanished to. Addicks worked that out to easily be the same amount again.
Would that be stashed to fund the WDT ?.... or maybe a 10th bedroom for Des's villa ?
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 pm If they don't pay these players Des and the rest of the board should be barred from any and every darts event and barred from organising any future events. The players turned up and played in good faith, that faith needs to be repaid in cold hard cash.
Already beyond this stage Nick. They should’ve been banned after the episode at the World Masters.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Dannyboy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:32 pm Eurosport actually paid £150k for that product?
That might be for all 9 televised comps.

Hearing now that the e-mail that went out with a "payout" of 282K was for all associated costs including prize money.

Due to ambiguous wording my source (and others reporting the same thing) have assumed that that figure was purely prize money.

I assume the other overheads are the stage backdrop, the production company (stop laughing, Babcock), the stage officials, venue set-up, Des and Paula's food, drink and accommodation and Toplad's bar bill.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Dannyboy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:41 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 pm If they don't pay these players Des and the rest of the board should be barred from any and every darts event and barred from organising any future events. The players turned up and played in good faith, that faith needs to be repaid in cold hard cash.
Already beyond this stage Nick. They should’ve been banned after the episode at the World Masters.
Of course. How they still have supporters after that is beyond me.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Just post the email ffs
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Send it to me and I’ll post it
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:45 pm Just post the email ffs
I don't have it.

My source does not want to be identified as they don't like to speak out on issues normally. They are worried it may be linked back to them.
So all I can do is report the content of what I get from them via e-mail and PM.
As above.