Ladbrokes 2020 UK Open 6-8 March Somerset

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
fling
County Player

Re: Ladbrokes 2020 UK Open 6-8 March Somerset

Post by fling »

Wazza180 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:49 pm Rileys are rubbish at organising these events, which is why many players don't bother attending anymore.

If Rileys were associated with the BDO, rather than the PDC, then they would receive a lot more criticism on the bulletin boards.
Pretty sure all Rileys do is host the event. Don't think them or any of their employees have any input to the actual running of the event on the day.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

fling wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:34 am
Wazza180 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:49 pm Rileys are rubbish at organising these events, which is why many players don't bother attending anymore.

If Rileys were associated with the BDO, rather than the PDC, then they would receive a lot more criticism on the bulletin boards.
Pretty sure all Rileys do is host the event. Don't think them or any of their employees have any input to the actual running of the event on the day.
The one I went to was run by the Riley's manager and it was a shambles.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

The one in chorlton was left to run by rileys. One of the players took over.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

The Cat wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:38 am

The one I went to was run by the Riley's manager and it was a shambles.
Giving someone who knows little or nothing about darts the opportunity to run a darts competition. It is like the BDO all over again.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

How so?
Dazman
Superleague Player

Post by Dazman »

Same with Wolverhampton. It's run by two or three people who have nothing to do with the PDC. They do a great job.

In the days after Sherrock got through at Wolverhampton, the PDC spoke with Riley's about ensuring that more boards were used in the event of the entries being excessive, presumably because Sherrock must have provided feedback on the Sunday when she was at The Masters.

Don't know the ins and outs of why everything took so long at Sheffield on Saturday, even with Paul Hinks being there, but Riley's had been told to improve the board situation well in advance.
SoD World Matchplay champion 2008
SoD World Matchplay co-champion 2009
TSoD World Grand Prix runner-up 2010
TSoD World Championships champion 2011
TSoD UK Open Regional (Wigan) champion 2011
TSoD Premier League Week 12 champion 2011
TSoD Premier League joint runner-up 2011
TSoD World Grand Prix third place 2011
Darts Betting News Grand Slam of Darts champion 2011
TSoD Players Championship Finals co-champion 2011

Twitter - @Dazman5
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk
clarky
The Ton Club

Post by clarky »

Spot on Fling - Paul Hinks looked after the very first Coventry qualifier and I have looked after the rest of them - It is down to the Rileys Manager who is hosting the qualifier to find somebody to run the day for them - If nobody is willing to look after the event then the PDC will send somebody to run it - Owen Binks was sent to look after Victoria this year and Paul Hinks was sent to look after Sheffield at the weekend.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

clarky wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:50 pm

Spot on Fling - Paul Hinks looked after the very first Coventry qualifier and I have looked after the rest of them - It is down to the Rileys Manager who is hosting the qualifier to find somebody to run the day for them - If nobody is willing to look after the event then the PDC will send somebody to run it - Owen Binks was sent to look after Victoria this year and Paul Hinks was sent to look after Sheffield at the weekend.

I remember doing the one in Sheffield about 4 years ago and Scott Gibling was organising it.
That day was my biggest darting payout as the taxi I was in had an accident and I got paid out a whiplash claim.
clarky
The Ton Club

Post by clarky »

fling wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:58 pm

I remember doing the one in Sheffield about 4 years ago and Scott Gibling was organising it.
That day was my biggest darting payout as the taxi I was in had an accident and I got paid out a whiplash claim.
It always amazes me how these events can get a field of 200 entries yet the winner is guaranteed not even a penny - You can advertise a local open with a prize of £1000 to the winner and you will not get anywhere near 200 people turning up
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

clarky wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:06 pm

It always amazes me how these events can get a field of 200 entries yet the winner is guaranteed not even a penny - You can advertise a local open with a prize of £1000 to the winner and you will not get anywhere near 200 people turning up
The prize is the uk open ffs.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:
fling wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:34 am Pretty sure all Rileys do is host the event. Don't think them or any of their employees have any input to the actual running of the event on the day.

Wow, so Fallon Sherrock has won the 2020 UK open?

Congrats Fallon!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:14 pm
ILAD wrote:

Congrats Fallon!
Quick on the ball there Wazza.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

ILAD wrote:

Congrats Fallon!
Don’t confuse her.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

ILAD wrote:

Congrats Fallon!
I think Adam Smith Neale's post after getting a spot shows how much it means to some players.. and he's a Masters winner and Worlds qualifier..
I think the chance of a TV appearance in a PDC event is a huge draw to players although the reality is that most will be on an outside board and earn nothing..
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

It's like a cattle market.

Rileys are responsible.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ILAD wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:09 pm

Quite. I bet Rob Cross is a fan.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Is that the guy that failed to qualify for the Lakeside and then won the pdc worlds?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Rout wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:39 pm Is that the guy that failed to qualify for the Lakeside and then won the pdc worlds?
Another fact the fanboys forget :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
Wes newton
Feather Flights

Post by Wes newton »

DavidB wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:27 am The county warrior has entered how many qualifiers now without getting through? How many left for him??
Played in 1 and don’t play county
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew