6 Nations Betting

RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

6 Nations Betting

Post by RIPLionheart »

https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/rugby-union

If you like a bet, rugby one of few markets left where bookies aren’t as switched on as they should be. This guy tips some pearlers. 23.5 point profit on his World Cup folio. Have a go but don’t moan if they don’t come in 😂
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Re: 6 Nations Betting

Post by RIPLionheart »

The 7-1 France for title he put up at start of tournament looks a cracking punt now. I also couldn’t resist a couple of quid at 14-1 on them for Slam, and 3-1 for France withiut England. Some of his game by game tips haven’t been the best mind😂
Ireland tipped up today as biggest bet of tournament. Having looked out the window today and looking at the England selections not a bad shout. Though I think he has underestimated the Twickenham factor.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

phil davies wrote:Think Ireland will win today. It will all come down to the last weekend France v Ireland in grand slam decider.
Hope you didn't money on it.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

I had Cowan-Dickie at 25/1 for next try when he came on. Only 6 nations bet to win this season.
Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy »

Always wise to bet close home wins when punting on chasing eggs.
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Post by RIPLionheart »

https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/rugby- ... ix-nations
Two out of three on selections last week, some interesting ones this week at decent prices.
I’m disagreeing slightly with his assessment on Wales v Scotland mind. That said 28-1 draw is tempting, and his logic and research behind this is solid. Smoke and Mirrors of the Gaitland era being exposed IMO I’m all over the Scots to get a win. Providing Finn Russell can reign in his tendency to throw in a ridiculous failed Hollywood pass.
Any game involving Italy is nowadays a painful watch.
I gave up years ago on applying logic to any game involving France given their consistent ability to self wound when in control of games.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

RIPLionheart wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:49 am https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/rugby- ... ix-nations
Two out of three on selections last week, some interesting ones this week at decent prices.
I’m disagreeing slightly with his assessment on Wales v Scotland mind. That said 28-1 draw is tempting, and his logic and research behind this is solid. Smoke and Mirrors of the Gaitland era being exposed IMO I’m all over the Scots to get a win. Providing Finn Russell can reign in his tendency to throw in a ridiculous failed Hollywood pass.
Any game involving Italy is nowadays a painful watch.
I gave up years ago on applying logic to any game involving France given their consistent ability to self wound when in control of games.
Only a fool bets against a France team and only a fool puts his shirt on France :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Post by RIPLionheart »

Smoke and Mirrors of the Gaitland era being exposed IMO I’m all over the Scots to get a win.

Happy days - not least to avoid a “That went well” post 😂
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Rubbish game - had to force myself to watch it all.

Many reasons why it was rubbish, most out of the control of anyone.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Right result for a very poor game.

Pivac is no Gatland. I love rugby too much to not watch the old enemy trample Italy now. Luckily I have lots of beer and decent vino in the house.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:47 pm Right result for a very poor game.

Pivac is no Gatland. I love rugby too much to not watch the old enemy trample Italy now. Luckily I have lots of beer and decent vino in the house.
Ref struggled to cope with the breakdown rule change, was very harsh on several occasions and then seemed to forget them second half. Think he had a poor game with the decision of blocking access to the ball under the Scots posts quite bemusing considering the amount of phases and the video playback.

That said Pivac's team were very poor, I know it's a transition year but come on.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:59 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:47 pm Right result for a very poor game.

Ref struggled to cope with the breakdown rule change, was very harsh on several occasions and then seemed to forget them second half. Think he had a poor game with the decision of blocking access to the ball under the Scots posts quite bemusing considering the amount of phases and the video playback.

That said Pivac's team were very poor, I know it's a transition year but come on.
I won't criticise the ref but did think the breakdown was a slight issue for him in terms of consistency. He did not affect the overall result and Scotland deserved their victory.
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Post by RIPLionheart »

Fair analysis though as per my opening salvo believe Wales have got away with murder in latter years of Gaitland era. Now being found out - distinctively average, solid gameplay, relying on other teams to implode. Nowt wrong with that but always found out against teams who didn’t fall into trap.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

RIPLionheart wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:57 pm Fair analysis though as per my opening salvo believe Wales have got away with murder in latter years of Gaitland era. Now being found out - distinctively average, solid gameplay, relying on other teams to implode. Nowt wrong with that but always found out against teams who didn’t fall into trap.
Gatland.
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Post by RIPLionheart »

A master - why his apprentice Edwards discarded a mystery. Mind if you look at the Gatland v Eddie Jones head to head record or Wales record v All Blacks you realise how toilet paper thin the illusion was.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

IIRC Edwards took a deal to go back to RL but changed his mind and then during the confusion France put a better deal on the table than the WRU.

Well played him.

As Wales pinched him from England Saxons in 2008 and had him for 11 successful years is still a good thing for Wales.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

As for Gatland, I wouldn't say 4 x 6 Nations wins including 3 Grand Slams plus a Lions win in Oz and a drawn series in NZ could be described as an illusion.
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Post by RIPLionheart »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:49 pm IIRC Edwards took a deal to go back to RL but changed his mind and then during the confusion France put a better deal on the table than the WRU.

Well played him.

As Wales pinched him from England Saxons in 2008 and had him for 11 successful years is still a good thing for Wales.
IIRC there was no agreed transition for Edwards to automatically take the Head Coach role when WG announced he was leaving the role. Edwards then the sensible decision to secure an alternative role then it got messy.
Don’t know what “pinching” him from England got to do with the conversation, but will agree RFU missed a trick with not getting him into set up before Wales came calling.
RIPLionheart
Brass Darts

Post by RIPLionheart »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:52 pm As for Gatland, I wouldn't say 4 x 6 Nations wins including 3 Grand Slams plus a Lions win in Oz and a drawn series in NZ could be described as an illusion.
I’ve already stated WG a master. The illusion element is the latter years of reign were no where near as good as hype suggested.!The fact that Wales been ruthlessly exposed this 6N shows how much WG was papering cracks.

I stated the WG record v Eddie Jones and NZ as an example

To underline my point in head to head Wales v England under Eddie Jones, it’s a 75% win record for England.

Under WG Wales never beat the All Blacks.

Never got to a World Cup Final

A great coach no question, but maintain smoke and mirrors at play during latter years of reign. That’s not an insult by the way
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

It's not just under Gatland.
Wales haven't beaten NZ since Ken Jones scored the winning try in '53.