Des Jacklin

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Des Jacklin

Post by Dellboy »

Been a BDO director now for over 2 years, with this in mind what would you say his biggest achievements are so far?
ILAD
International

Re: Des Jacklin

Post by ILAD »

Lasting 2 years
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Have posted this before, but only decent thing Des has done in his tenure as BDO Chairman, was to relax the rules in regard to Lakeside players being able to play Q School without recourse. Without that ruling, Durrant would not have played PDC last year.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Dellboy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:46 pm Been a BDO director now for over 2 years, with this in mind what would you say his biggest achievements are so far?
Getting rid of Sue. Undoubtedly his biggest achievement. Unfortunately for the BDO his achievement has merely replaced one incompetent with another, neither of whom can communicate.

Binning the Sportotal contract I suppose could just about count as an achievement.

I would say removing the restrictions on PDC players and BDO Worlds players competing at Q-School, but to be honest that has not strengthened the BDO at all, rather the opposite.

Er...that's it!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Dellboy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:46 pm Been a BDO director now for over 2 years, with this in mind what would you say his biggest achievements are so far?
Maintaining a long loving marriage under such scrutiny from some, he's done buggar all for darts.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 pm Have posted this before, but only decent thing Des has done in his tenure as BDO Chairman, was to relax the rules in regard to Lakeside players being able to play Q School without recourse. Without that ruling, Durrant would not have played PDC last year.

So Des Jacklins biggest achievements was introducing a rule that lost the BDO their best male and female players diluting the quality of their tournaments?
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

Addicks Fan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:16 pm

Binning the Sportotal contract I suppose could just about count as an achievement.

He can hardly claim credit for that, they gave notice and walked on their own accord.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Dellboy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:23 pm

He can hardly claim credit for that, they gave notice and walked on their own accord.
I was clutching at straws :)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ILAD wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:46 pmLasting 2 years
:DDD:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Dellboy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:21 pm
ssjsa wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 pm Have posted this before, but only decent thing Des has done in his tenure as BDO Chairman, was to relax the rules in regard to Lakeside players being able to play Q School without recourse. Without that ruling, Durrant would not have played PDC last year.

So Des Jacklins biggest achievements was introducing a rule that lost the BDO their best male and female players diluting the quality of their tournaments?
Still a good decision though. The threats to withhold payouts was out of order.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Getting rid of Sue. Undoubtedly his biggest achievement.
Depends if you reckon he has done a better job than sue would have done if she had not been removed.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Actually finding 23K for a World Champion.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

if you were the manager of a darts player who wasn't very good, could you get them to number 1 in the world and make the rank and file members pay for it and all your holidays?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Letting Lakeside/O2 players go to Q School is a decent move. Also letting Under 16 players play in Senior competitions

I suspect his next move (Whatever it is) will either define him as a saver or a destroyer
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Dellboy wrote:

Exactly. From the BDOs point of view it was a terrible move.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

In some ways it was and in others it wasnt.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:20 pm In some ways it was and in others it wasnt.
The BDO's best players are now leaving their organisation to join a rival. Is that a good or bad decision from a broadcasters point of view? Is it a good decision from a sponsors point of view? Is it a good decision from a BDO fans point of view? In what way was it not a terrible decision?
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

I'd say hopefully realizing he bit off more than he could chew re how unfortunately tribal the bdo wdf Edo ndb side of the game is all with vested interests pushing there own agendas no one is strong enough or commands the respect or authority to pull them together as one for the good of all dart players
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

only85 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:38 pm I'd say hopefully realizing he bit off more than he could chew re how unfortunately tribal the bdo wdf Edo ndb side of the game is all with vested interests pushing there own agendas no one is strong enough or commands the respect or authority to pull them together as one for the good of all dart players
Isn’t Des this anyway?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

only85 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:38 pm I'd say hopefully realizing he bit off more than he could chew re how unfortunately tribal the bdo wdf Edo ndb side of the game is all with vested interests pushing there own agendas no one is strong enough or commands the respect or authority to pull them together as one for the good of all dart players

When has he ever indicated he realises he has bitten off more than he can chew. It is a fact he is not up to the job but he has never come close to admitting it.