Boxing Thread

ILAD
International

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by ILAD »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm For those who didnt get a chance to watch the fight live.

Copyrighted material. From a mod!!
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ha!
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Wilder talking a good game, but will get smashed again, should he take up the option of the 3rd fight.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ssjsa wrote:Wilder talking a good game, but will get smashed again, should he take up the option of the 3rd fight.

Hes coming across as delusional on that video.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Watched Khalid Yafai the weekend, who apparently is our longest reigning World champion. Super flyweight, 8 stone ffs.
He got absolutely destroyed by some 32 year old. Battered from pillar to post.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Great news if confirmed. That being said, given how easily he was beaten, was surprised that Wilder originally took up his option for the Fury rematch.

ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ssjsa wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:16 pm Great news if confirmed. That being said, given how easily he was beaten, was surprised that Wilder originally took up his option for the Fury rematch.

Bet he was still giving his fee for stepping aside.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

If the Saudis have offered a £100m hosting fee (so up from the £40m of Ruiz v Joshua 2) plus covering all expenses they could easily pay Wilder £20m+ to step aside.

If it does happen it will almost certainly be the highest grossing UK boxing PPV. Sky and BT may think they can up the price from £25 to £30. Still less than what you have to pay in US.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Wilder shouldn't be paid a penny to step aside. Fury should call his bluff and say either take the rematch or do one.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:51 pm Wilder shouldn't be paid a penny to step aside. Fury should call his bluff and say either take the rematch or do one.
Has Wilder caused any problems?

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:
Rout wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:51 pm Wilder shouldn't be paid a penny to step aside. Fury should call his bluff and say either take the rematch or do one.
I dont understand what you mean?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:01 pm
ILAD wrote:
You say Fury should call his bluff, why? What has Wilder done for you to say that.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:
Rout wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:01 pm
ILAD wrote:
You say Fury should call his bluff, why? What has Wilder done for you to say that.
Perhaps that wasnt the right way to word it. I just don't think Wilder should be paid step aside money. If he wants to activate the rematch clause, do it and fight Fury. If he doesn't want to fight him, that's fine, step aside.

Not just cos someone shouldn't get en or twenty million for doing nothing, it will also give him an excuse and I'd prefer to see him admit he isnt up to it than it being for financial reasons.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

I think he had every intention of fighting Fury just a lot of people want the Joshua fight now, so if he’s willing to let that happen for his match fee then why not.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:I think he had every intention of fighting Fury just a lot of people want the Joshua fight now, so if he’s willing to let that happen for his match fee then why not.
Why not have both? It's the fans that have to say these bloody fees in the end with daft ticket prices and pay per view costs.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:54 pm
ILAD wrote:I think he had every intention of fighting Fury just a lot of people want the Joshua fight now, so if he’s willing to let that happen for his match fee then why not.
Why not have both? It's the fans that have to say these bloody fees in the end with daft ticket prices and pay per view costs.
I think the vast majority of fans would rather have the Joshua fight and skip Wilder. There is the possibility that Wilder could win and that would put a spanner in the works. People want to see a unified fight.

Fucci
Brass Darts

Post by Fucci »

I know that nobody on here gives a shit about Boxing.
Still, I’d like to thank Alexander Povetkin, for putting that prick Dillian Whyte on his arse.

Although technically it was his back.
Either way. Nice one.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Usyk adopting a completely different game plan against Chisora than he did against Bellew.

Big first round from Chisora.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Chisoras game plan was a bit obvious. He did better than I expected though.

Usyk will have to bulk up a lot more to be able to stand up to fury one day. Could see him giving Joshua a good fight though.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.