BDO Enterprises "borrowing' from BICC (BDO Ltd)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Re: BDO Enterprises

Post by Dellboy »

Tommy Thompson wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:29 pm This is devastating news, and I must admit I missed this when I downloaded the accounts, so unless the BDO has replaced the money they transferred there is no money to pay the BICC prize money
Very unlike you Tommy not to pick up on tens of thousands of pounds going missing. When will you be holding your hands up and admitting that you backed the wrong horse, even though its mane was immaculate, in fact you should have him do your hair, can't beat a lovely braided ponytail.
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

Can't fault your opinion, the current BDO board has not delivered that is obvious, and maybe it is time to start afresh. I am old enough to remember the demise of the NDAGB not dissimilar to where we are currently. However I believe we have a worthy product, there is a niche for us, but it does look very bleak at the moment. We can keep throwing stones at each other or knuckle down and try and resolve this as soon as possible.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Tommy Thompson wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:52 pm Can't fault your opinion, the current BDO board has not delivered that is obvious, and maybe it is time to start afresh. I am old enough to remember the demise of the NDAGB not dissimilar to where we are currently. However I believe we have a worthy product, there is a niche for us, but it does look very bleak at the moment. We can keep throwing stones at each other or knuckle down and try and resolve this as soon as possible.
Knuckle down and vote another incompetent in? You are part of this problem are you not?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ILAD wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:54 pm
Tommy Thompson wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:52 pm Can't fault your opinion, the current BDO board has not delivered that is obvious, and maybe it is time to start afresh. I am old enough to remember the demise of the NDAGB not dissimilar to where we are currently. However I believe we have a worthy product, there is a niche for us, but it does look very bleak at the moment. We can keep throwing stones at each other or knuckle down and try and resolve this as soon as possible.
Knuckle down and vote another incompetent in? You are part of this problem are you not?
I think all the recriminations are academic, no money to pay BDO Enterprises' bills and the BICC prize money has also gone.

The BDO is for all intents and purposes, bust.
Even if an EGM is called, one you can't trust the current county representatives to do what needs to be done and two how the hell do you rescue a company which is already insolvent.

One could argue that BDO Enterprises cannot pay its bills, has no income, no back up funds and continues to run up more debt and this could constitute illegal activity by the directors. An insolvency practitioner would probably advise liquidation.

Skewy do you concur?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

If the counties had attended the majors as begged, their payouts wouldn’t have been stolen
It’s their fault
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:
Skewball wrote: nothing at all, albeit temporarily, but you would think the Member would FINALLY have had enough and get rid! :grin: :grin:
The problem is, who else does it? If there was a demand to take the position, Des would have already been removed. Des got the role because noone else wanted it and until someone does that can whip up a bit of enthusiasm, I cant see anyone doing enough to oust him.
No one need replace him. You just need a committee to run the BICC. the WDF will have their new majors in place (hopefully).
Noone need replace him, but someone somewhere has to have the motivation to do what it takes to get him removed.

When olly got removed, the William's et al had that motivation as they ended up doing the job. When the William's tenure ended it was because Des had the motivation to make it happen.
Well the other way is for the Counties to all resign and play under a new banner/company.

Just leave Des to try and sort out the mess and wind up a broke, insolvent shell of two Companies that will be left.
As I said, once the WDF have in place alternative majors then the darts world doesnt lose anything. The home Countries are doing very nicely.
Again, though, it still requires someone to make it happen.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
ILAD wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:54 pm
I think all the recriminations are academic, no money to pay BDO Enterprises' bills and the BICC prize money has also gone.

The BDO is for all intents and purposes, bust.
Even if an EGM is called, one you can't trust the current county representatives to do what needs to be done and two how the hell do you rescue a company which is already insolvent.

One could argue that BDO Enterprises cannot pay its bills, has no income, no back up funds and continues to run up more debt and this could constitute illegal activity by the directors. An insolvency practitioner would probably advise liquidation.

Skewy do you concur?
I concur but you would have to prove the directors entered into new contracts/commitments knowing they couldn't pay. So it's a grey area, but, it does mean it will be a brave Des that runs the WDT....
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:24 pm
Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:50 pm What's to stop Desmondo just winding up BDOE and just carrying on with BDO Ltd?
nothing at all, albeit temporarily, but you would think the Member would FINALLY have had enough and get rid! :grin: :grin:
The problem is, who else does it? If there was a demand to take the position, Des would have already been removed. Des got the role because noone else wanted it and until someone does that can whip up a bit of enthusiasm, I cant see anyone doing enough to oust him.
No one need replace him. You just need a committee to run the BICC. the WDF will have their new majors in place (hopefully).
Noone need replace him, but someone somewhere has to have the motivation to do what it takes to get him removed.

When olly got removed, the William's et al had that motivation as they ended up doing the job. When the William's tenure ended it was because Des had the motivation to make it happen.
The Williams’ didn’t follow Olly FFS.

Much like Tommy Thompson you need to try and keep up or give up. :MAD:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

spaceman70 wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:
Skewball wrote: nothing at all, albeit temporarily, but you would think the Member would FINALLY have had enough and get rid! :grin: :grin:

Does it really matter? The point I am making is there were people with the motivation to do something, whereas now there isnt.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Tommy Thompson wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:29 pm This is devastating news, and I must admit I missed this when I downloaded the accounts, so unless the BDO has replaced the money they transferred there is no money to pay the BICC prize money, if they haven't repaid the monies then it indicates there is no money to pay it, with no finance coming into the company or at least no notification from the BDO Board that they have monies potentially available to replace this. So it looks like the cash at the bank of £248,000 in May plus the £100,000 from Limited has gone in the last 9 months. Outstanding invoices, current contract liabilities God only knows where we are, one thing is for certain, this needs addressing immediate with a meeting with the books available, current invoices brought along and contracts with defined companies also available to find out the current state of affairs as of today 2nd March, 2020. So that the company can stop hemorrhaging any more money, and what can be saved "if anything" is done now. I think like many people the figures haven't added up for a long time, but to even contemplate that several years ago we had £700,000+ in the bank a property in London, to find we have hit rock bottom and in a position we will never be able to recover from or indeed find ourselves back to that in the future if there is any sort of future, is as I said devastating after 45 years in the BDO.
The penny drops!

And as you keep referring to ‘we’ I hope you will shoulder some of that responsibility.

Or is it still a bunch of BDO haters on a forum bollox!
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:49 pm
spaceman70 wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:The problem is, who else does it? If there was a demand to take the position, Des would have already been removed. Des got the role because noone else wanted it and until someone does that can whip up a bit of enthusiasm, I cant see anyone doing enough to oust him.

Does it really matter? The point I am making is there were people with the motivation to do something, whereas now there isnt.
Go to companies house website and have a count up of resigned directors after Olly and before Des.

Of course it matters, FFS Martin Adams was offering to give the ‘Chairmanship a bash’ not too long ago and people were saying what a great idea that was. Forgetting he’s already had a go. Laughable 😂😂😂

Fekkin incompetent the lot of them, and I include the county officials in that.
Rout
International

Re: BDO Enterprises "borrowing' from BICC (BDO Ltd)

Post by Rout »

I wait to see this long list of potential successors to Des and the affirmitive action they are willing to take.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And thats the problem. Too far down the road now.
Big Jock Knew
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Don’t worry, tomorrow Tommy Thompson can write Des a seven page letter demanding answers to questions that he didn’t know he wanted to ask until reading hear.

Des will ignore the letter before responding ‘THIS IS DES’ I am king of all things and have kept all my promises, how many tickets did you buy.

This is being passed on to ‘BDO Legal’ my fictitious legal advisors and will sit in the cobwebbed filled legal advisors in tray along with the letter from the WDF ‘spit on the floor’.

In the meantime I will google the meaning of ‘liable’ and ‘libel’ in the hope that some other relatively small words scare you all off.

Failing that he’ll send the wife round to dish out some slaps.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:And thats the problem. Too far down the road now.
Which is exactly my point. I have been as critical as anyone about Des on here. Theres some replying to the poster going on.

All I am saying is I dont think there is anyone out there, bar maybe TT, who has the motivation and desire to do anything substantial to bring about meaningful change this time.

Nothing that this thread informs us tells us anything that will whip anyone into action. The Jacklins have done about 100 things that should have resulted in an EGM and removal. Theres a reason it hasnt happened.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:19 pm
Ginge wrote:And thats the problem. Too far down the road now.
Which is exactly my point. I have been as critical as anyone about Des on here. Theres some replying to the poster going on.

All I am saying is I dont think there is anyone out there, bar maybe TT, who has the motivation and desire to do anything substantial to bring about meaningful change this time.

Nothing that this thread informs us tells us anything that will whip anyone into action. The Jacklins have done about 100 things that should have resulted in an EGM and removal. Theres a reason it hasnt happened.
There have been people out there who would have been prepared to take the poisoned chalice that is the BDO on. Most recently Roger Schena.
Attachments
Roger Schena PROPOSAL1.pdf
(106.86 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Was a crap proposal in fairness, barely a page and a half.
Big Jock Knew
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:07 pm I wait to see this long list of potential successors to Des and the affirmitive action they are willing to take.
Successors, successors to what?

By your reckoning we jumped the proverbial gap from Blair to Johnson with your Williams ousted Olly post.

Shows just about your informed opinion.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:34 pm Was a crap proposal in fairness, barely a page and a half.
Agree that it was not the greatest written manifesto I have ever seen, but the Counties knew him well and would be pretty sure that there was dialogue between them and Roger. They were equally aware of Des and his history, but chose to elect him anyway.

And there have been other people prepared to replace the Williams's as the BDO board,which did not enter the public domain.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

spaceman70 wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:07 pm I wait to see this long list of potential successors to Des and the affirmitive action they are willing to take.
Successors, successors to what?

By your reckoning we jumped the proverbial gap from Blair to Johnson with your Williams ousted Olly post.

Shows just about your informed opinion.
Have you not had your happy pills today Dave? You seem awfully confrontational.

The list of successors was an illustration, it wasnt important to the point. Which I wont bother trying to tell you again as I dont want you telling on me to the man in charge again.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.