BIG BREAKING DARTS CANCELLATION NEWS MEGATHREAD! (Sponsored by Addicks Fan's Panic Room)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Re: BIG BREAKING DARTS CANCELLATION NEWS MEGATHREAD! (Sponsored by Addicks Fan's Panic Room)

Post by Rout »

TheVillan wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:53 pm A bit like premier league darts then.
Do you think the intent of the BDO statement is clear?
They aren't known for their communication skills. A bit of common sense says "watch this space" as with pretty much every single sporting event hit thus far.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Re: BIG BREAKING DARTS CANCELLATION NEWS MEGATHREAD! (Sponsored by Addicks Fan's Panic Room)

Post by Ginge »

Serious question: is there prize money for county? Thought the entrance fee helped fund it? So they void the season are they going to pay the counties the money back?
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Rout wrote:
TheVillan wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:53 pm A bit like premier league darts then.
Do you think the intent of the BDO statement is clear?
They aren't known for their communication skills. A bit of common sense says "watch this space" as with pretty much every single sporting event hit thus far.
Yes and prize money in superleague too.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ok so they either need to pay out on current standings, pay everyone the subs back, or announce its just on hiatus for now.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ahem
nikkiboy wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:16 pm Well done Des, no need to explain what happened to the prize money now.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The virus is giving Des the perfect excuse to liquidate tbh. Get on with it.
Big Jock Knew
clarky
The Ton Club

Post by clarky »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:09 pm
clarky wrote:All BICC county games postponed for rest of season
OMG!!!!!
County darts might mean sod all to you Ginge but I would bet my right arm that more members on this forum have more associations to county darts than some tinpot open in Spain that you have felt the need to comment on 40 times within the past few days
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ooh did you count up? Thought it was 50 tbh.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Clarky, Ignore Ginge he still doesnt think this is a big deal
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Just crack on!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

clarky wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:40 pm
OMG!!!!!
County darts might mean sod all to you Ginge but I would bet my right arm that more members on this forum have more associations to county darts than some tinpot open in Spain that you have felt the need to comment on 40 times within the past few days
Let's be honest Clarky, whilst Ginge has over 35000 more posts than anyone else on the forum, I honestly don't think he is actually a darts fan, but rather sees this forum, along with the others he posts on, purely as mediums for him to espouse his rhetoric and bullshit. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
greatkingrat
Steady Sixties

Post by greatkingrat »

I wonder if Sky might be interested in broadcasting a Players Championship weekend, assuming any more take place? It's not the Premier League but it's not like they have many options at the moment.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Surely holding a players championship event would be very much against the govts advice too?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

greatkingrat wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:05 am I wonder if Sky might be interested in broadcasting a Players Championship weekend, assuming any more take place? It's not the Premier League but it's not like they have many options at the moment.
Players championship won’t happen as it’s not a level playing field. Hearn could invent another comp but it’s finding a venue to host it
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
clarky
The Ton Club

Post by clarky »

ssjsa wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:36 pm
OMG!!!!!
Let's be honest Clarky, whilst Ginge has over 35000 more posts than anyone else on the forum, I honestly don't think he is actually a darts fan, but rather sees this forum, along with the others he posts on, purely as mediums for him to espouse his rhetoric and bullshit. ;-)
65,546 posts on a darts forum is something I can only dream of achieving but then again maybe not :grin:
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:20 pmJust crack on!
:grin: With Doctor Ginge around, we can all sleep soundly at night. I mean, who could ignore the clarion call to the nation - Just Crack On!!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

OMG!!!!!
^^^^^^^ This guy gets it.
100%
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I am distraught that county darts is suspended. Distraught.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:11 am I am distraught that county darts is suspended. Distraught.
Not suspended.
Rest of the season is cancelled.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Even worse!

Where will I get my fix of Scottish ladies B averages now?
Big Jock Knew