Re: Des Jacklin resigns

Post by Deleted User »

ILAD wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:09 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:05 am
oche balboa wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:28 pm Dave is out the pub
Dont you ever get sick of being wrong?
So are you in the pub?
No. Not been to the pub since Saturday.
Oche's Brummie vernacular implied I was at or had just left the pub.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ILAD wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:09 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:05 am
oche balboa wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:28 pm Dave is out the pub
Dont you ever get sick of being wrong?
So are you in the pub?
No. Not been to the pub since Saturday.
Oche's Brummie vernacular implied I was at or had just left the pub.
EXPLAIN! JUSTIFY!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

If theirs a lockdown. Drupid will be arrested for banging on the Willy’s door demanding its opens

The image in my head is giving me comfort
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Pursuit of personal agendas continuing unabated, Supermod will be having a fit.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote:If theirs a lockdown. Drupid will be arrested for banging on the Willy’s door demanding its opens

The image in my head is giving me comfort
Oche thinking about banging and a Willy, there.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Quick question, if you resign as a director say a week or two before a company is liquidated does anything go against your name or do you have to declare anything bankruptcy wise?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:29 am Quick question, if you resign as a director say a week or two before a company is liquidated does anything go against your name or do you have to declare anything bankruptcy wise?
If its a registered company then no, however the liquidators would consider the conduct of all current and past directors before making a decision whether a prosecution occurs. Simply taking your name off it isn't going to absolve them of blame, if anything it makes it look a lot more dodgy.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Yes you are still legally responsible.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:29 am Quick question, if you resign as a director say a week or two before a company is liquidated does anything go against your name or do you have to declare anything bankruptcy wise?
If its a registered company then no, however the liquidators would consider the conduct of all current and past directors before making a decision whether a prosecution occurs. Simply taking your name off it isn't going to absolve them of blame, if anything it makes it look a lot more dodgy.
So then let’s say a previous director then releases a statement saying that the financial issues that caused his resignation and eventual liquidation are down to the previous resigned directors and nothing to do with him, would that change anything?

And I’m talking about specifically anything that would go against your name (bankruptcies on companies house, having to declare any financial issues etc) not just slaps on the wrist by any liquidator.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:37 am
So then let’s say a previous director then releases a statement saying that the financial issues that caused his resignation and eventual liquidation are down to the previous resigned directors and nothing to do with him, would that change anything?
They can protest and say what they want, if the liquidators look into it and see misconduct they can decide who is responsible for it and act accordingly, current director or not. As already said, it doesnt really look good that 3 of the 4 have bailed a few weeks/months before this becomes a possible scenario.
Last edited by Ginge on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Cheers
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:37 am So then let’s say a previous director then releases a statement saying that the financial issues that caused his resignation and eventual liquidation are down to the previous resigned directors and nothing to do with him, would that change anything?

And I’m talking about specifically anything that would go against your name (bankruptcies on companies house, having to declare any financial issues etc) not just slaps on the wrist by any liquidator.
The directors always have to act in the best interest of the shareholders. Any other actions can leave them open to possible legal repercussions.
If the chairman was aware of illegal actions and had chosen not to release this information to the shareholders then its quite possible they could be barred from any company positions for a period of years by the official receiver in the event of a company failing under their watch.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Yes, but we all now know with complete certainty that Des was utterly blameless, so he'll be in the clear.
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

I bet Frank Branscombe is shitting himself!
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Dellboy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:44 am I bet Frank Branscombe is shitting himself!
Does this person actually exist ?

Or have they been made up to be a patsy ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ha, very good.

Hampshire county chairman, isn't he?
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

el_ringo wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:37 am So then let’s say a previous director then releases a statement saying that the financial issues that caused his resignation and eventual liquidation are down to the previous resigned directors and nothing to do with him, would that change anything?

The directors always have to act in the best interest of the shareholders. Any other actions can leave them open to possible legal repercussions.
If the chairman was aware of illegal actions and had chosen not to release this information to the shareholders then its quite possible they could be barred from any company positions for a period of years by the official receiver in the event of a company failing under their watch.
Does claiming to have new money coming in before resigning count as acting in the companies best interest?

Like say if I was a director of a company that was struggling and I release a statement saying I’m discussing with sponsors and investors about bringing publicity and investment in. But then I resign and the company very quickly goes into liquidation can I claim that I had the investment in place but when I resigned that investment left with me and thus none of this is my fault.

Again purely hypothetical
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:09 pm
el_ringo wrote:

Does claiming to have new money coming in before resigning count as acting in the companies best interest?

Like say if I was a director of a company that was struggling and I release a statement saying I’m discussing with sponsors and investors about bringing publicity and investment in. But then I resign and the company very quickly goes into liquidation can I claim that I had the investment in place but when I resigned that investment left with me and thus none of this is my fault.

Again purely hypothetical
You'd presumably have tangible evidence, records of meetings, proof of funds of any potential investor, evidence that they had started due diligence or were about to, and so on. Otherwise I suspect the financial investigators would take a fairly dim view, particularly if they felt your statements had the effect of reducing or removing other avenues to continue the running of the business.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The only potentially useful bit Of Des Jacklin's partin rant....

"the WDF […] trying to stage their own World Championships back at the Lakeside on December 5th"

So not in Holland then at the Zuiderduin.....of coursge this assumes the above isnt a load of crap as well.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

But it is Zuiderduin week.