Des Jacklin resigns

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Des Jacklin resigns

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:10 pm But it is Zuiderduin week.
I thought that event had been shelved now? Is it being revived?
Big Jock Knew
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

I can't be bothered to read all that resignation blurb. Would I be correct in saying it boils down to something along the lines of:

"Me, me, me, me, it would have been so much worse if I didn't give it a go." "It's everyone elses fault apart from mine."
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

cobra wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 pm I can't be bothered to read all that resignation blurb. Would I be correct in saying it boils down to something along the lines of:

"Me, me, me, me, it would have been so much worse if I didn't give it a go." "It's everyone elses fault apart from mine."
Are you sure you haven't read the resignation letter in full?

Such an accurate synopsis. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:18 pm
cobra wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 pm I can't be bothered to read all that resignation blurb. Would I be correct in saying it boils down to something along the lines of:

I got as far as fourth paragraph when I decided to stop as I was starting to fall asleep. I guess the next chairman and board will be tasked with winding-up the BDO.

To be fair on Des it isn't all his fault - it's been in decline for years. How the previous board didn't get booted off when de:luxe was shown to be a complete and utter shambles is beyond me. Surely the counties should have called an EGM but they didn't, they just carried as if nothing happened.

As soon as the WDF effectively kicked the BDO in to touch an EGM should have been called then but again nowt.

Unless something drastic changes, surely it's a case of when, not if that it's game over for the BDO.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

cobra wrote:
ssjsa wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:18 pm

I got as far as fourth paragraph when I decided to stop as I was starting to fall asleep. I guess the next chairman and board will be tasked with winding-up the BDO.

To be fair on Des it isn't all his fault - it's been in decline for years. How the previous board didn't get booted off when de:luxe was shown to be a complete and utter shambles is beyond me. Surely the counties should have called an EGM but they didn't, they just carried as if nothing happened.

As soon as the WDF effectively kicked the BDO in to touch an EGM should have been called then but again nowt.

Unless something drastic changes, surely it's a case of when, not if that it's game over for the BDO.
I think it’s pretty telling that one Director has been left on and it happens to be a 75 year old director that I doubt will mind having a company bankruptcy against his name.
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

Some top tips for you ingrates. As always,a reminder that Des is considerably richer than you.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200319-133154_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-133154_Samsung Internet.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 1223 times
Screenshot_20200319-133222_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-133222_Samsung Internet.jpg (803.61 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

Gruntface wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:33 pm Some top tips for you ingrates. As always,a reminder that Des is considerably richer than you.
His business acumen knows no bounds...
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Got some front on him. :grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

ILAD wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:39 pm Got some front on him. :grin:
More front than Brighton :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yesterday was the day they both got their lives back, apparently. No more Cyprus Open adverts....
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Here is some more great advice from Des

ImageImageImage
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Suggest those few idiots who still support Des, read that post.

Ffs, has this man no shame. His tenure as BDO Chairman has seen that organisation degenerate into a complete laughing stock and on the verge of liquidation, yet he still finds it pertinent to boast about buying himself a new car, and offer financial advice. :omg:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
massive
Steady Sixties

Post by massive »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:56 pm Suggest those few idiots who still support Des, read that post.

Ffs, has this man no shame. His tenure as BDO Chairman has seen that organisation degenerate into a complete laughing stock and on the verge of liquidation, yet he still finds it pertinent to boast about buying himself a new car, and offer financial advice. :omg:
People are dying around the world and he is disappointed for lack of tennis and vacation in "Marbs"???
What a cunt...
massive
Steady Sixties

Post by massive »

massive wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:24 pm
ssjsa wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:56 pm Suggest those few idiots who still support Des, read that post.

People are dying around the world and he is disappointed for lack of tennis and vacation in "Marbs"???
What a fraggle...
Just to be clear, it was a word that starts with C and finishes with UNT :grin: :grin: :grin:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

He's just cracking on.
robdave2k
Steady Sixties

Post by robdave2k »

el_ringo wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:20 am
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:37 am So then let’s say a previous director then releases a statement saying that the financial issues that caused his resignation and eventual liquidation are down to the previous resigned directors and nothing to do with him, would that change anything?

And I’m talking about specifically anything that would go against your name (bankruptcies on companies house, having to declare any financial issues etc) not just slaps on the wrist by any liquidator.
The directors always have to act in the best interest of the shareholders. Any other actions can leave them open to possible legal repercussions.
If the chairman was aware of illegal actions and had chosen not to release this information to the shareholders then its quite possible they could be barred from any company positions for a period of years by the official receiver in the event of a company failing under their watch.
Actually the directors have to act in the best interest of potential creditors and minimise any loss.

There are generally three tests for insolvency

Balance sheet test - are your liabilities more than your assets.

Cash flow test - can you pay your bills as they fall due.

Legal action test - has anyone got a CCJ or Stat Demand above £750 that is unpaid.

If the directors went ahead with events knowing they weren’t going to pay then if you get an IP who is intent on investigating then they will be in the shit.

That said it’s choppy times and I doubt HMRC are hanging so that rules out the Official Receiver. So then you are down to what assets the company has to fund the liquidation and Insolvency Practitioners charge like Rhinos. This is going to start at £25k minimum and they don’t have to justify things.

There are rules around IP’s taking on contingency work as well (e.g you get paid if you find discrepancies that can be recovered)

If there are no assets and no one funds it initially then it may well just die.

That said resigning won’t make sod all difference if someone goes after it and in any liquiadaton a report is made to the DTI.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ChrisW wrote:He's just cracking on.
The similarities keep coming.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

So in one breath multi millionaire successful business man Des Jacklin advises us all not to proceed buying a property as the market is about to crash

and then in the next smug adventure he is out looking to buy more investment properties hmmm

oh and it's Paula & I not that I wish to point out he is uneducated & illiterate as he has already proven that beyond doubt with his past rants
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

And they voted this guy in, let that sink home for a moment, they actually voted for this idiot - including people who now want to run the new company they set up.

Someone used the phrase chicken coup, more like turkeys voting for more Christmases.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

I think he has a new venture in Crewe.....Image