I got the email.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by oche balboa »

I've got the email
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:27 pm I've got the email
No.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

so unicorn becoming the new dart board for the counties if Edward Lowy has met with the leaders of the 3 nations I guess.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

devosteve wrote:so unicorn becoming the new dart board for the counties if Edward Lowy has met with the leaders of the 3 nations I guess.
No
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Skewball wrote:
devosteve wrote:so unicorn becoming the new dart board for the counties if Edward Lowy has met with the leaders of the 3 nations I guess.
No
Indeed. Would be impractical to have to use 36 different dart boards for each fixture.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If no then why would is he involved? For the love of the game? Or to secure unicorn as the brand of the only professional world champs?
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

devosteve wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:28 pm If no then why would is he involved? For the love of the game? Or to secure unicorn as the brand of the only professional world champs?
On the board of PDC?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

The Jolly Man wrote:
devosteve wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:28 pm If no then why would is he involved? For the love of the game? Or to secure unicorn as the brand of the only professional world champs?
On the board of PDC?
I think so yes.

He has to be careful of competition laws , I'm sure he knows that ;)
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Skewball wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:02 am
He has to be careful of competition laws , I'm sure he knows that ;)
What competition is there? Tommy et al long ago upset WInmau and those boards used at the O2 were harder than a non soaked log end board
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

"So; the rumours of a conspiracy against the BDO were true then. Ladies and gentlemen I give you... the Tri Nations!

Don't believe the crap that it was set up to protect the grass roots of the game. That would imply that a hasty get together decided to form an entity to save the game as it looked like the BDO was going to be in serious problems after losing the backing of the WDF. It wasn't.

By their own admission this has been in the planning for the past two years. TWO years!!

That would be around the time the old guard were being kicked off the board and Des Jacklin would be taking over then.

Who is going to be on the Tri Nations top table? Members of said "old guard", former BDO directors? Surely not, you cry, after all it was partly their fault the BDO is in the state it is in the first place!

As Michael Owens says in a thread further down "they didn’t even give DJ a chance let alone support the attempt at keeping ‘grass roots’ darts alive".

I couldn't put it better myself.

However a thought comes to mind; Are these the snakes in the grass of grass roots darts?

According to them there was no conspiracy. According to the facts...."

All kicking of on original fanatics. Above post by Ricky Barlow. TT on the defence.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm Still don't see why the PDC should be consulted, they cant even be arsed to schedule CT/DT weekends away from county weekend dates as it is. Surely doing so benefits BOTH parties.
CT/DT can't be scheduled during the 15 PC weekends or UK Open.
The 5 CT and 5 DT weekends can't clash. They are scheduled during ET and other PDC tournaments.

You don't want clashes with the major association tournaments.
Now try to fit in the 9 county weekends in with no clashes with PCs (because top CT players play in them), CT or DT.

The early PDC schedule is obvious and packed.
Mid January: Q School
+1 week Last January: CT Weekend 1
+1 week Start of February: Masters
Next weekends in Feburary: PCs

The BICC scheduled February 8th/9th, which clashed with PC weekend 1.
Was that the PDC's fault?
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

devosteve wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm "So; the rumours of a conspiracy against the BDO were true then. Ladies and gentlemen I give you... the Tri Nations!

Don't believe the crap that it was set up to protect the grass roots of the game. That would imply that a hasty get together decided to form an entity to save the game as it looked like the BDO was going to be in serious problems after losing the backing of the WDF. It wasn't.

By their own admission this has been in the planning for the past two years. TWO years!!

That would be around the time the old guard were being kicked off the board and Des Jacklin would be taking over then.

Who is going to be on the Tri Nations top table? Members of said "old guard", former BDO directors? Surely not, you cry, after all it was partly their fault the BDO is in the state it is in the first place!

As Michael Owens says in a thread further down "they didn’t even give DJ a chance let alone support the attempt at keeping ‘grass roots’ darts alive".

However a thought comes to mind; Are these the snakes in the grass of grass roots darts?

All kicking of on original fanatics. Above post by Ricky Barlow. TT on the defence.
Nothing wrong there and not a thing for uncle B to worry about.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

1205 wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm Still don't see why the PDC should be consulted, they cant even be arsed to schedule CT/DT weekends away from county weekend dates as it is. Surely doing so benefits BOTH parties.
The 5 CT and 5 DT weekends can't clash. They are scheduled during ET and other PDC tournaments.

Now try to fit in the 9 county weekends in with no clashes with PCs (because top CT players play in them), CT or DT.

Yes. The county dates for 5 years were released about 2 years ago.
Big Jock Knew
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm
1205 wrote:

Yes. The county dates for 5 years were released about 2 years ago.
What's your suggested calendar?
Obviously it starts with moving the Masters after PC 1/2, because that's logical.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I dont have a suggestion. Merely making the point that its the PDC who are scheduling their events against county, and not the other way round.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm I dont have a suggestion. Merely making the point that its the PDC who are scheduling their events against county, and not the other way round.
The PDC are not scheduling their events against County darts, merely planning both Challenge and Development Tour weekends around spaces in the PDC calendar.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well thats one way of putting it. They are idiots doing so given the players involved.
Big Jock Knew
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

devosteve wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm "So; the rumours of a conspiracy against the BDO were true then. Ladies and gentlemen I give you... the Tri Nations!

He lives in Gainsborough, friend of the Jacklins, he's upset that Des failed and is doing what the Jacklin mafia do best....Stir the pot with abuse and have to have snidey comments aimed at people. Paula gives him info to post ...horrible little cretin.