Big meeting on Sunday

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 65866
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Ginge » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:Got a copy of it?
Sadly not, it's an email.
Got a copy of it?

Rout
International
Posts: 8260
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Rout » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:16 pm

I got the email.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 12724
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by oche balboa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:27 pm

I've got the email
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 11032
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by DavidOwen67 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:24 am

oche balboa wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:27 pm
I've got the email
No.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by devosteve » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:18 pm

so unicorn becoming the new dart board for the counties if Edward Lowy has met with the leaders of the 3 nations I guess.
The official 'cut and paste' king.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7976
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Skewball » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:35 pm

devosteve wrote:so unicorn becoming the new dart board for the counties if Edward Lowy has met with the leaders of the 3 nations I guess.
No

Rout
International
Posts: 8260
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Rout » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:51 pm

Skewball wrote:
devosteve wrote:so unicorn becoming the new dart board for the counties if Edward Lowy has met with the leaders of the 3 nations I guess.
No
Indeed. Would be impractical to have to use 36 different dart boards for each fixture.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by devosteve » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:28 pm

If no then why would is he involved? For the love of the game? Or to secure unicorn as the brand of the only professional world champs?
The official 'cut and paste' king.

The Jolly Man
County Player
Posts: 4955
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by The Jolly Man » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:05 pm

devosteve wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:28 pm
If no then why would is he involved? For the love of the game? Or to secure unicorn as the brand of the only professional world champs?
On the board of PDC?

Skewball
International
Posts: 7976
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Skewball » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:02 am

The Jolly Man wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:28 pm
If no then why would is he involved? For the love of the game? Or to secure unicorn as the brand of the only professional world champs?
On the board of PDC?
I think so yes.

He has to be careful of competition laws , I'm sure he knows that ;)

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2613
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by el_ringo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:11 am

Skewball wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:02 am

He has to be careful of competition laws , I'm sure he knows that ;)
What competition is there? Tommy et al long ago upset WInmau and those boards used at the O2 were harder than a non soaked log end board

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by devosteve » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm

"So; the rumours of a conspiracy against the BDO were true then. Ladies and gentlemen I give you... the Tri Nations!

Don't believe the crap that it was set up to protect the grass roots of the game. That would imply that a hasty get together decided to form an entity to save the game as it looked like the BDO was going to be in serious problems after losing the backing of the WDF. It wasn't.

By their own admission this has been in the planning for the past two years. TWO years!!

That would be around the time the old guard were being kicked off the board and Des Jacklin would be taking over then.

Who is going to be on the Tri Nations top table? Members of said "old guard", former BDO directors? Surely not, you cry, after all it was partly their fault the BDO is in the state it is in the first place!

As Michael Owens says in a thread further down "they didn’t even give DJ a chance let alone support the attempt at keeping ‘grass roots’ darts alive".

I couldn't put it better myself.

However a thought comes to mind; Are these the snakes in the grass of grass roots darts?

According to them there was no conspiracy. According to the facts...."



All kicking of on original fanatics. Above post by Ricky Barlow. TT on the defence.
The official 'cut and paste' king.

1205
Superleague Player
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by 1205 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm

Ginge wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Still don't see why the PDC should be consulted, they cant even be arsed to schedule CT/DT weekends away from county weekend dates as it is. Surely doing so benefits BOTH parties.
CT/DT can't be scheduled during the 15 PC weekends or UK Open.
The 5 CT and 5 DT weekends can't clash. They are scheduled during ET and other PDC tournaments.

You don't want clashes with the major association tournaments.
Now try to fit in the 9 county weekends in with no clashes with PCs (because top CT players play in them), CT or DT.

The early PDC schedule is obvious and packed.
Mid January: Q School
+1 week Last January: CT Weekend 1
+1 week Start of February: Masters
Next weekends in Feburary: PCs

The BICC scheduled February 8th/9th, which clashed with PC weekend 1.
Was that the PDC's fault?

Case
Pub Champion
Posts: 869
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Case » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:30 pm

devosteve wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm
"So; the rumours of a conspiracy against the BDO were true then. Ladies and gentlemen I give you... the Tri Nations!

Don't believe the crap that it was set up to protect the grass roots of the game. That would imply that a hasty get together decided to form an entity to save the game as it looked like the BDO was going to be in serious problems after losing the backing of the WDF. It wasn't.

By their own admission this has been in the planning for the past two years. TWO years!!

That would be around the time the old guard were being kicked off the board and Des Jacklin would be taking over then.

Who is going to be on the Tri Nations top table? Members of said "old guard", former BDO directors? Surely not, you cry, after all it was partly their fault the BDO is in the state it is in the first place!

As Michael Owens says in a thread further down "they didn’t even give DJ a chance let alone support the attempt at keeping ‘grass roots’ darts alive".

I couldn't put it better myself.

However a thought comes to mind; Are these the snakes in the grass of grass roots darts?

According to them there was no conspiracy. According to the facts...."



All kicking of on original fanatics. Above post by Ricky Barlow. TT on the defence.
Nothing wrong there and not a thing for uncle B to worry about.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 65866
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Ginge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm

1205 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Still don't see why the PDC should be consulted, they cant even be arsed to schedule CT/DT weekends away from county weekend dates as it is. Surely doing so benefits BOTH parties.
CT/DT can't be scheduled during the 15 PC weekends or UK Open.
The 5 CT and 5 DT weekends can't clash. They are scheduled during ET and other PDC tournaments.

You don't want clashes with the major association tournaments.
Now try to fit in the 9 county weekends in with no clashes with PCs (because top CT players play in them), CT or DT.

The early PDC schedule is obvious and packed.
Mid January: Q School
+1 week Last January: CT Weekend 1
+1 week Start of February: Masters
Next weekends in Feburary: PCs

The BICC scheduled February 8th/9th, which clashed with PC weekend 1.
Was that the PDC's fault?
Yes. The county dates for 5 years were released about 2 years ago.

1205
Superleague Player
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by 1205 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Ginge wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm
1205 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Still don't see why the PDC should be consulted, they cant even be arsed to schedule CT/DT weekends away from county weekend dates as it is. Surely doing so benefits BOTH parties.
CT/DT can't be scheduled during the 15 PC weekends or UK Open.
The 5 CT and 5 DT weekends can't clash. They are scheduled during ET and other PDC tournaments.

You don't want clashes with the major association tournaments.
Now try to fit in the 9 county weekends in with no clashes with PCs (because top CT players play in them), CT or DT.

The early PDC schedule is obvious and packed.
Mid January: Q School
+1 week Last January: CT Weekend 1
+1 week Start of February: Masters
Next weekends in Feburary: PCs

The BICC scheduled February 8th/9th, which clashed with PC weekend 1.
Was that the PDC's fault?
Yes. The county dates for 5 years were released about 2 years ago.
What's your suggested calendar?
Obviously it starts with moving the Masters after PC 1/2, because that's logical.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 65866
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Ginge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm

I dont have a suggestion. Merely making the point that its the PDC who are scheduling their events against county, and not the other way round.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by ssjsa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Ginge wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm
I dont have a suggestion. Merely making the point that its the PDC who are scheduling their events against county, and not the other way round.
The PDC are not scheduling their events against County darts, merely planning both Challenge and Development Tour weekends around spaces in the PDC calendar.
Image

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 65866
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Ginge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Well thats one way of putting it. They are idiots doing so given the players involved.

Double Flops
Steady Sixties
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Big meeting on Sunday

Post by Double Flops » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 pm

devosteve wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm
"So; the rumours of a conspiracy against the BDO were true then. Ladies and gentlemen I give you... the Tri Nations!

Don't believe the crap that it was set up to protect the grass roots of the game. That would imply that a hasty get together decided to form an entity to save the game as it looked like the BDO was going to be in serious problems after losing the backing of the WDF. It wasn't.

By their own admission this has been in the planning for the past two years. TWO years!!

That would be around the time the old guard were being kicked off the board and Des Jacklin would be taking over then.

Who is going to be on the Tri Nations top table? Members of said "old guard", former BDO directors? Surely not, you cry, after all it was partly their fault the BDO is in the state it is in the first place!

As Michael Owens says in a thread further down "they didn’t even give DJ a chance let alone support the attempt at keeping ‘grass roots’ darts alive".

I couldn't put it better myself.

However a thought comes to mind; Are these the snakes in the grass of grass roots darts?

According to them there was no conspiracy. According to the facts...."



All kicking of on original fanatics. Above post by Ricky Barlow. TT on the defence.
He lives in Gainsborough, friend of the Jacklins, he's upset that Des failed and is doing what the Jacklin mafia do best....Stir the pot with abuse and have to have snidey comments aimed at people. Paula gives him info to post ...horrible little cretin.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”