Re: PDC Premier League 2020

Post by Bram_1900 »

Glad this event is over now.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 am
Paddy McGinty wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:48 pm I can't believe you knobs are believing Boris's Bullshit. The route they have taken is the Herd method, 2 weeks from now it will be absolute carnage.

Anyway sure to put a stop to exhibition darts, things are not all bad......
Our exbo due last Friday with Bob Anderson, Priestley, Lowe and Manley was cancelled.

Glad you're revelling in that. :D
There's a difference between a true exhibition event organised for the entertainment of the crowd and a competition pretending to be something it is clearly not.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:48 pm I can't believe you knobs are believing Boris's Bullshit. The route they have taken is the Herd method, 2 weeks from now it will be absolute carnage.

Our exbo due last Friday with Bob Anderson, Priestley, Lowe and Manley was cancelled.

Every cloud.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

TimmyB wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Every cloud.
:grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

There's a difference between a true exhibition event organised for the entertainment of the crowd and a competition pretending to be something it is clearly not.
Anything involving Drupes is bound to be entertaining but for the wrong reasons.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

David Owen amazingly has keys to the Willy

"I fucking going for a drink" was what he boasted
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:01 pm David Owen amazingly has keys to the Willy

"I fekkin going for a drink" was what he boasted
Out of his car window, wound down in the style of Harry Redknapp on transfer deadline day?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:01 pm David Owen amazingly has keys to the Willy

Isolated drinking is allowed. :D
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

What a knob, being from a mathematical background you would of thought he'd worked out the odds........ a pure moron.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

He is.... plans to open it for his mates

Oh its closed

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

The Unibet Premier League nights planned for Manchester, Berlin and Birmingham during April are the latest events to be postponed.

With worldwide restrictions continuing, the postponements mean that all five planned Premier League nights in April will now be rearranged, following Monday's announcement that the visits to Belfast and Sheffield will not take place as initially scheduled.

The visits to Manchester and Berlin have been moved to September, while the visit to Utilita Arena Birmingham will now be in July.

The rescheduled dates are as follows:
Thursday April 16 - The Manchester Arena - NOW Thursday September 24
Thursday April 23 - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin - NOW Thursday September 3
Thursday April 30 - Arena Birmingham - NOW Thursday July 30

The changes mean that at least eight Unibet Premier League nights will now be rescheduled, with the five April dates following the postponements of the visit to Newcastle and the Rotterdam double-header in March.

At present, the Unibet Premier League is now planned to conclude in Newcastle on Thursday October 1.

Tickets purchased for the original league nights will remain valid for the new dates. Should any fans with tickets be unable to attend the new date, they will be entitled to a refund from their point of purchase.

Revised Unibet Premier League Schedule
At March 24 2020
May 7 2020 - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
May 14 2020 - First Direct Arena, Leeds
May 21 2020 - The O2, London
July 2 2020 - The FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
July 30 2020 - Utilita Arena Birmingham
September 3 2020 - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin
September 9-10 2020 - Rotterdam Ahoy
September 24 2020 - The Manchester Arena
October 1 2020 - Utilita Arena, Newcastle
TBC - The SSE Arena, Belfast

Any further announcements in relation to the Unibet Premier League or other PDC tournaments will be made once available through www.pdc.tv/Coronavirus.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

No chance of me being at the Hydro on May 7th.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

My personal opinion, and I hope to be wrong, is that none of those dates will go ahead.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Rout wrote:My personal opinion, and I hope to be wrong, is that none of those dates will go ahead.
Yeah, whatever happens and whatever rules do get relaxed over time, you can bet that mass gatherings will only come back when we have, or are very close to a vaccine
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

That's 18 months away

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

oche balboa wrote:That's 18 months away
Nah, given the international effort I would think by the end of the year. This is unprecedented after all.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Skewball wrote:
Nah, given the international effort I would think by the end of the year. This is unprecedented after all.
Doesnt really matter how many people are on it, the time is mostly to allow testing to ensure it works correctly and doesnt endanger people further with side effects etc... theres only so much you can speed that up.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Skewball wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 am
Rout wrote:My personal opinion, and I hope to be wrong, is that none of those dates will go ahead.
Yeah, whatever happens and whatever rules do get relaxed over time, you can bet that mass gatherings will only come back when we have, or are very close to a vaccine
Pay-per-view is the answer, now, who is going to arrange what game.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Rout wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Doesnt really matter how many people are on it, the time is mostly to allow testing to ensure it works correctly and doesnt endanger people further with side effects etc... theres only so much you can speed that up.
I think like the swine flu vaccine testing will be minimised. Is better to have a vaccine in use than years of testing. As we saw with swine flu a few bad reactions is a price worth paying to get the vaccine to vulnerable people.

They will also probably want to be prudent in the time needed so we may see a vaccine early in 2020.

I can’t see big arena events like PL happening until then with a crowd. Stuff like football is outside and you mingle with fewer people even though more in total at match.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

May's planned Unibet Premier League nights in Glasgow, Leeds and London have been rescheduled for later in 2020, with the season also now set to conclude in Sheffield.

The Premier League season has been suspended since mid-March following restrictions imposed due to the Coronavirus pandemic, with the league nights affected having been rearranged during 2020.

It has now been confirmed that the planned events at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, the First Direct Arena in Leeds and at The O2 in London have also now been postponed.

In addition, the planned move of the visit to The FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield to Thursday July 2 has also been amended, with the venue now set to host the Play-Offs on Thursday October 15 as part of the new-look schedule, should no further events be affected.

Details have also been finalised for the rescheduled visit to The SSE Arena in Belfast, which will now host the Premier League on Thursday August 13.

The rescheduled dates are as follows
Thursday May 7 - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow - NOW Thursday September 17
Thursday May 14 - First Direct Arena, Leeds - NOW Thursday August 27
Thursday May 21 - The O2, London - NOW Thursday August 20
Thursday July 2 - FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield - NOW Thursday October 15

The announcement means that the visit to Birmingham is now set to see the season resume with Night Seven on Thursday July 30, with The O2 hosting Judgement Night on August 20 as the ninth-placed player in the league table is eliminated.