Tony Mitchell

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Tony Mitchell

Post by nikkiboy »

Maverick wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:56 am
Maverick wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:36 am Hi all , having lost muscle mass across my shoulders biceps and chest I embarked on this Facebook challenge not sure if I could even do one press up as I hadn’t since the stroke , have only been concentrating on walking and darts, day one I hit 15, day 3 I think was 17, day 4 was 17, can’t remember what day 5 was just remember I had a rest day on day 8 as I was knackered due to my hayfever, did 22 on days 7,8 and finally did the 25 on day 9!
Press ups! People of our age shouldn't be doing press ups Tony.
What do mean our age you old git lol
I have poor hearing so when they said press up I thought they said piss up.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:19 am
Maverick wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:56 am
Maverick wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:36 am Hi all , having lost muscle mass across my shoulders biceps and chest I embarked on this Facebook challenge not sure if I could even do one press up as I hadn’t since the stroke , have only been concentrating on walking and darts, day one I hit 15, day 3 I think was 17, day 4 was 17, can’t remember what day 5 was just remember I had a rest day on day 8 as I was knackered due to my hayfever, did 22 on days 7,8 and finally did the 25 on day 9!
Press ups! People of our age shouldn't be doing press ups Tony.
What do mean our age you old git lol
I have poor hearing so when they said press up I thought they said piss up.
Certainly can’t deal with piss ups anymore lol
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ssjsa wrote:
Nice one. Press ups are hard,you just get to a point where your arms just turn to jelly.

Be fun to watch a few people try and do some on here given some of the pictures of people I've seen on here lol ! The TSOD challenge - try and do 10 ImageImage
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

10 press ups, piece of piss.

Quick question, does your belly have to be off the floor?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:10 press ups, piece of piss.

Quick question, does your belly have to be off the floor?
I would normally say chest to the floor but I'm guessing that wont be possible for most! ImageImage
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Already done 10 :DDD:

Did 25 again today and it was slightly easier, only slightly though.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Maverick wrote:Already done 10 :DDD:

Get that chest/chin to the floor .... ;) Image
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Skewball wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:19 pm
Maverick wrote:Already done 10 :DDD:

Get that chest/chin to the floor .... ;) Image
I can just do 25 as I am right now, will work on the chest/chin thing as I get further on :DDD:
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

A quick update, playing some online stuff , have slowly worked my way over the last 2/3 months from averaging mid 50’s up to 60’s, then constantly in the 70’s with the odd foray into the 80’s, a bad game for me now is the high 60’s average. So darts wise I’m improving.

The year since the stroke passed by on the 24th of July , was a strange day , I didn’t know how to feel about it, whether a sense of triumph for how far I’d come, or if to feel relief for still being here and able to play this game albeit in a reduced capacity, or anger for why it happened to me. Have been following Emma Gee on twitter and she did a podcast that is worth a listen , my stroke wasn’t anywhere near as severe as hers but a lot of the feelings were.

Anyway, still here, still working hard and still enjoying this game.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Good to read.
Now you need to get better than you were before.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Good man
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

An update..... I watched the challenge tour on dart connect and so wanted to be there! Have had a few weeks away from darts while concentrating on returning to work full time , this has now happened and I’m back driving trains on my own, so all is good on that front.

I have started again with the darts involved in two online competitions, playing the odd few live games on a Wednesday , fatigue still plays a huge part in my games but working on that also. I’m back up to mid 70’s averages with my first 9 regularly in the 80’s and going up to 90-95, intend to go to QSchool with no chance of getting a card but that’ll allow me to play in the CT for the season and hopefully improve.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Maverick wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:19 pm An update..... I watched the challenge tour on dart connect and so wanted to be there! Have had a few weeks away from darts while concentrating on returning to work full time , this has now happened and I’m back driving trains on my own, so all is good on that front.

I have started again with the darts involved in two online competitions, playing the odd few live games on a Wednesday , fatigue still plays a huge part in my games but working on that also. I’m back up to mid 70’s averages with my first 9 regularly in the 80’s and going up to 90-95, intend to go to QSchool with no chance of getting a card but that’ll allow me to play in the CT for the season and hopefully improve.
Good luck with everything.
Have been following one of your leagues within Twitter as I am now in the league below you. Plus online darts certainly helps with the fact that playing darts in the pub is unlikely for a while longer yet.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Good luck fella

Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

fling wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:05 pm
Maverick wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:19 pm An update..... I watched the challenge tour on dart connect and so wanted to be there! Have had a few weeks away from darts while concentrating on returning to work full time , this has now happened and I’m back driving trains on my own, so all is good on that front.

Have been following one of your leagues within Twitter as I am now in the league below you. Plus online darts certainly helps with the fact that playing darts in the pub is unlikely for a while longer yet.

Hopefully be seeing you soon, hope not to relegated this year 😂 online darts has helped me tremendously , when lockdown started I played a friend of mine and went 22,22,41,26,22,22 nearly threw the lot in the bin and retired !! But I did notice I was collapsing throw wise to the right and my follow through was going towards the 1, hence I was hitting exactly what I was aiming for but didn’t know it!! So I managed to put that right , sometimes when fatigue sets in I start that crap again but I know what to look for now.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:07 pm Good luck fella
Cheers Oche , to be honest just being able to work, walk around and throw is an achievement, if it doesn’t go any further than that, so be it.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Maverick wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:15 pm
fling wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Hopefully be seeing you soon, hope not to relegated this year 😂 online darts has helped me tremendously , when lockdown started I played a friend of mine and went 22,22,41,26,22,22 nearly threw the lot in the bin and retired !! But I did notice I was collapsing throw wise to the right and my follow through was going towards the 1, hence I was hitting exactly what I was aiming for but didn’t know it!! So I managed to put that right , sometimes when fatigue sets in I start that crap again but I know what to look for now.
When I 1st read that I thought 5 out of them 6 legs were very good then I realised they were your scores.
Doubt I will get to the Premiership as just been promoted to the Championship. I like to think I am a steady 60 average but had a couple of games in the 70s a few weeks ago.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

:DDD: you’ll get there mate. Just watch out for Dan he’s a shark :grin:
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Hi folks just a quick update , doing ok , feel like I’ve got almost everything back to what it was with the exception of when I get tired I get a slight slur on my speech , still some words when I want to describe something eludes me , in games I seem to playing around a low to mid 70’s average , but I played against the nakka comp on level 9 and won 4-0 in 16,17,19,15 darts , then played in an online league about half hour later and got spanked 4-0 with a 75 average against a 93, don’t know if it’s a temperament thing or concentration, the recovery continues. Had my vaccine jab and was very ill for two days but it went as quick as it came. So all good. Stay safe everybody.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Good stuff