United Kingdom Darts Association

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Re: United Kingdom Darts Association

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

The ladies B games ensure that Scottish county darts will always be thoroughly entertaining.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 am The ladies B games ensure that Scottish county darts will always be thoroughly entertaining.
And take up 2 days.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

David Owen i hear you not involved with the UKDA Cheshire.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

oche balboa wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:18 pm David Owen i hear you not involved with the UKDA Cheshire.
Yep, breach of dress code.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:18 pm David Owen i hear you not involved with the UKDA Cheshire.
Stop making things up. You caused enough friction last time you tried to be funny like this.
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

TheSandman wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:06 am With TN looking dead in the water, should the UKDA be looking to contact the Scottish counties about signing up.
Quite.

Scotland jumped at the first option that wasnt bdo and why they would want an org who's leadership is largely based in england and wales running their show is a head scratcher. A partnership where ukda can assist with the county and below level is an option as is leaving out any 3rd party and truly being on their own.
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

Of all the counties who are staying bdo, how many have had the backing of a players vote?

Cambs did but that seems to be up in the air and not for sure staying. Are all the other remainers doing so based on a committee decision?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Gruntface wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:16 pm Of all the counties who are staying bdo, how many have had the backing of a players vote?

Cambs did but that seems to be up in the air and not for sure staying. Are all the other remainers doing so based on a committee decision?
If that proves to be correct that's poor for. And won't bode well long term for said counties.

and again the cambs vote was bdo by 2 votes. Some counties it was a landslide for ukda (95% to 100% for some I read).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Folks i would like to take a moment to address an issue that has been brought to my attention in recent days.

In regards to the UKDA insurance policies, everything will be in place as it should be.
We have had an amazing broker who is extremely experienced in such matters deal with it on our behalf incorporating everything we need to ensure we are our fully covered.

To those that continue to try to cast doubt on ourselves, there will be no rise in costs for member teams. The fee will be £100 pounds and official correspondence will be sent out to representatives in due course for payment of this.

Our welcome packs will be going out to all team representatives on the 8th or 9th of September from our Chairman.

Can i also add we all have a duty to our sport and to each other to behave. There is no place in our sport any longer for the personal and to be honest disgusting remarks about individuals the last 6 months. The past is the past. It is time to look forward, work as one and achieve.

Once again thank you all for your continued support. The future is bright.

Colin Savage
CEO
UKDA
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

devosteve wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:09 pm Folks i would like to take a moment to address an issue that has been brought to my attention in recent days.

In regards to the UKDA insurance policies, everything will be in place as it should be.
We have had an amazing broker who is extremely experienced in such matters deal with it on our behalf incorporating everything we need to ensure we are our fully covered.

To those that continue to try to cast doubt on ourselves, there will be no rise in costs for member teams. The fee will be £100 pounds and official correspondence will be sent out to representatives in due course for payment of this.

Our welcome packs will be going out to all team representatives on the 8th or 9th of September from our Chairman.

Can i also add we all have a duty to our sport and to each other to behave. There is no place in our sport any longer for the personal and to be honest disgusting remarks about individuals the last 6 months. The past is the past. It is time to look forward, work as one and achieve.

Once again thank you all for your continued support. The future is bright.

Colin Savage
CEO
UKDA
A very positive and decent press release.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:12 am
the thing is they don’t have to deliver anything, as they are not really delivering anything other than “leave the toxic bdo and their potential bankruptcy”

The county system runs itself, county’s run themselves, all they have to do is stick a fixture list on and offer some up to date coverage (either live feeds, live updates or actual full results)
I wonder how many counties are under the impression that the UKAD will be running tournaments like the Masters , Lakeside etc in a return to the glory days of having stuff on TV again rather than just producing a fixture list once a year for monthly beer fests ?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

devosteve wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:09 pm

That's the EDO with Tommy and his lapdogs out of the picture then for working with them
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

received_801375970633693.gif
received_801375970633693.gif (4.3 MiB) Viewed 521 times
UKDA 4 Life
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
the thing is they don’t have to deliver anything, as they are not really delivering anything other than “leave the toxic bdo and their potential bankruptcy”

The county system runs itself, county’s run themselves, all they have to do is stick a fixture list on and offer some up to date coverage (either live feeds, live updates or actual full results)
I wonder how many counties are under the impression that the UKAD will be running tournaments like the Masters , Lakeside etc in a return to the glory days of having stuff on TV again rather than just producing a fixture list once a year for monthly beer fests ?
I keep thinking this. A lot of it is being massively overstated. It's a darts league. It simply comes down to trusting the treasurer.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

el_ringo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:21 pm

My guess is none and they just want an end to the current bullshit.
Well, maybe they'll expect them to replace the annual beer fest.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

phil davies wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:52 pm Will they have more than 10 of the counties left in the BDO?
If you take out the O, I and E out then yes ;-)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Cracking map on ukda Facebook page. It does remind you of a general election map. But a map that corybn and his cronies could only dream of.
Davedavis11
Feather Flights

Post by Davedavis11 »

Might be interesting ......
Attachments
CBD7C0C6-E430-4B38-BE33-62F8BF1C0FDA.jpeg
CBD7C0C6-E430-4B38-BE33-62F8BF1C0FDA.jpeg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Always thought this would happen. You split and have teams in both organisations.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Davedavis11 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 am Might be interesting ......
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

This was a huge decision and counties should all have given the playing members a say.

Any county making the decision by committee only will find the "top echelons suffering horrendous uprisings from the bottom".
Last edited by Deleted User on Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.