United Kingdom Darts Association

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: United Kingdom Darts Association

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:45 pm Some of those die hard bdo loyalists will be crying away.

I saw a debate re the Yorkshire decision. One guy said those who were unhappy with the decision to stay bdo "can do one!". Humble pie time.

someone suggesting Yorkshire should be placed in bottom division because they had rejected ukda.

Personally I reckon the ukda will make a statement of unity drawing a line under the past. No 'attack' on des.
Only fair way would be to have the 5 divisions for 2020/21 as they were in 2019/20, however what happens now with the extra teams that joined UKDA? Think there are three of them (Salopian, Wirral, Black Country). Do these teams now step aside and let the historic team carry on?
Big Jock Knew
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Booji Boy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:43 pm Cant work out if this is a sad day for darts or a good day for darts. There have been too many new dawns in recent years for me to be overly excited about the future of a BDO style system.
What's left behind is probably just a well run county system which in itself is fine for those involved but weve lost the roller coaster of BDO last decade or so. Will be quieter on forums youd think now the shiteshow is over
Howard
Feather Flights

Post by Howard »

UKDA now saying no more Team Announcements today.

Must be negotiating with BDO on a joint statement that all remaining pro-BDO counties have agreed to join and that the BDO is no more.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:34 am https://yorkshiredarts.com/wp-content/u ... Letter.png

Those last nine words :roll:
Can now replace those last two words with "in four days"
Big Jock Knew
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

devosteve wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:45 pm Some of those die hard bdo loyalists will be crying away.

I saw a debate re the Yorkshire decision. One guy said those who were unhappy with the decision to stay bdo "can do one!". Humble pie time.

someone suggesting Yorkshire should be placed in bottom division because they had rejected ukda.

Personally I reckon the ukda will make a statement of unity drawing a line under the past. No 'attack' on des.
Agreed. The UKDA are not driven by grudges (like, say Tri Nations) and as all counties will technically be on board by the deadline, all will be as it was wrt standings.

By the time darts are being played again, unlikely many will even notice the difference.

All eyes now on what happens to the 40k (that issue alone may be enough to generate quite a lot of angst as people, especially the last gaspers, will expect a share).
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Will JC do a special piece on this? Should be a decent read
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:38 pm What can I say, his about turn has shocked me. Happy to have been totally wrong. "Delighted he won" etc.....
Lincolnshire's last appearance in the BICC!! :D :D
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:53 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:38 pm What can I say, his about turn has shocked me. Happy to have been totally wrong. "Delighted he won" etc.....
Lincolnshire's last appearance in the BICC!! :D :D
Spock.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Common sense prevails
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

devosteve wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 pm Des getting a fair bit of praise in fanatic land. But his decision was forced upon him. Down to a max of 7 counties. He had no choice.

Left it to the last day as well. Folks wasted time this week discussing and voting etc. A couple of weeks ago it was clear were the future was.
Hitler parody video needs made
UKDA 4 Life
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:22 pm
devosteve wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 pm 130 guests: give us your views please.

The BDO keeping tsod alive and kicking.
If BDO dies so does here
*cough*
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:03 pm
devosteve wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 pm Des getting a fair bit of praise in fanatic land. But his decision was forced upon him. Down to a max of 7 counties. He had no choice.

Left it to the last day as well. Folks wasted time this week discussing and voting etc. A couple of weeks ago it was clear were the future was.
Hitler parody video needs made
How does this impact the newly formed Black Country Darts?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And "Wirral", and "Salopian"......
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

So does Des not get consigned to the dustbin of history?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm And "Wirral", and "Salopian"......
I didn't know Moongoose was involved in the running of those 2 as well.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm And "Wirral", and "Salopian"......
I didn't know Moongoose was involved in the running of those 2 as well.
Well no, but its still a case of duplication and someone lurking may be involved with them. It also leave a not very round number of 53 teams playing in the system.

I suppose UKDA were happy to have both Salopian/Shropshire and Wirral/Merseyside so no doubt will be happy to have Black Country/West Midlands too
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

The only logical outcome at the end of the day..

To be honest thete hasn't been much issue with county darts and that will carry on hopefully in good hands.... Its the competition side of the BDO that's a crying shame as its terrible there is no Masters and World Championships and points for events for the non PDC players... Not a great issue in these covid times but when we come out of it all I do hope the WDF can get a points system in place with a World Championship type event even if its not called a world championship any more.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

When you look at the geographical size of Yorkshire maybe now is the time to break it down into 3 different counties? A new era and all that?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

BlueSpark wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:12 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:22 pm
devosteve wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 pm 130 guests: give us your views please.

The BDO keeping tsod alive and kicking.
If BDO dies so does here
*cough*
Well with no des and his die hard fans in.charge making crazy statements, no BDO 'carwrecks' to watch and the 'anti pdc pro BDO brigade' finally having no 'war' to wage what are we going to discuss on here?

Next thing you will be suggesting we discus the game/sport of darts itself!

It's a sad day indeed for the forum.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

where's all the money gone/going?