Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: United Kingdom Darts Association

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:24 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:21 pm As long as UKDA arent planning to run TV events with unsustainable prize funds and/or the word "Professional" in the title, thats good enough for me.
That's MAd's and WDF's job
What, to run TV events with unsustainable prize funds and/or have the word "Professional" in the title of them? Image
To run TV events.
You really think the WDF, who to my knowledge have never got an event on live TV other than the odd WDF World Cup (and coverage of that would have been secured by the local organisers), and a brand new organisation with no track record, are going to waltz into TV company meetings and pick up broadcasting contracts any day soon?

Good luck to them.

As an aside, I hope Des has read the wording of the contract they have with Eurosport closely because as it stands they may owe them 5 TV events.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Rout wrote:Whoever ends up running any potential TV tournaments on this side of the game, I really hope they understand that including the word "professional", or not, in the title will be the difference as to whether those events are a success or a failure.
People get in a tizz about that word (myself included) but it is the word that has caused a lot of grief for the bdo.

If they dropped it Hearn would have helped them years ago and they wouldn’t have had the same problems with sponsors and tv that they had. Hearn has such a strangle on uk sport channels that no small company is going to compete with him when he has it out for them.

A new company, one that Hearn doesn’t care about (or is actively helping), trying to put on amateur darts events, without any statements of competing or challenging the pdc, is going to fare a lot better than what the bdo has tried for the past 10 years.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

THE WAR IS OVER, THE REBELS HAVE WON
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Rout wrote:Whoever ends up running any potential TV tournaments on this side of the game, I really hope they understand that including the word "professional", or not, in the title will be the difference as to whether those events are a success or a failure.
People get in a tizz about that word (myself included) but it is the word that has caused a lot of grief for the bdo.

If they dropped it Hearn would have helped them years ago and they wouldn’t have had the same problems with sponsors and tv that they had. Hearn has such a strangle on uk sport channels that no small company is going to compete with him when he has it out for them.

A new company, one that Hearn doesn’t care about (or is actively helping), trying to put on amateur darts events, without any statements of competing or challenging the pdc, is going to fare a lot better than what the bdo has tried for the past 10 years.
The only tournament that had that name in was the only TV tournie that was self funded (until the 2020 event) and didnt operate at a loss over the last decade or so.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ah, that makes it alright then
Big Jock Knew
brainim
The Ton Club

Post by brainim »

If a start up can take away all your business within 4 months of its existence, it just shows what a pish poor job you were doing
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:Ah, that makes it alright then Image
Makes what alright?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:02 pm
Gruntface wrote:The UKDA look like they are putting together a good team of volunteers to form a bona fide alternative to the BDO and TN proposals with the notable absence of leaders who have a poor track record and damaged reputations.

Does this have any chance of being a strong contender?

Will we end up with 2 or 3 versions of amateur darts in the UK (akin to boxing with various belts)?

Will none have a snowball's chance with pubs unable to open any time soon making any decisions pointless?

Will darters decide that, although things need improving and that improvements cost money be too tight to pay more than a quid to support whatever system comes into play?
First post on this page. 4 months later and they are running county darts.

Hopefully first things first the structure of darts can be sorted now. Ukda, mad, pdc and wdf need to sort out who is in charge of what and 1 level top to bottom. The end of the bdo should be the end of splits in darts.
Crazy how the landscape has shifted. At the time it was clear that ukda were taking a more thoughtful forward looking approach and everything since then has solidified that.

They may not be at the bleeding edge of sport but they are at least operating with a 21st century mindset.

A lot of people view the long history of the BDO as an asset but it was also a millstone. Just because something has existed doesnt mean it should continue to if it is no longer needed.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

TheSandman wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:51 pm THE WAR IS OVER, THE REBELS HAVE WON
Except it wasn't much of a Death Star they had to overcome.

Just Des Vader and about 27 assorted morons who still believed his social media posts after everything he'd cocked up.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm And "Wirral", and "Salopian"......
I believe the new Wirral team are playing out of the same club where Crusader's pub team plays so he might be able to get an answer to that one.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Bromborough Social Club
1 Legion Lane
Wirral
CH62 7JQ

This is where the Wirral are listed to be playing
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Yep, that's where Crusader's pub team plays so he may be able to find out what the new Wirral team's plans are now.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

What's occurring?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Bag Carrier wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:58 pm Well today is the day that darts in grassroots will change forever.

Hope iLad is OK with this post.
Nearly, it ILAD not iLad :grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Stating the obvious at this point but Humberside confirmed they are joining ukda
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

So you all think this is great? It's still the same counties with the same people in charge who have their own castles to protect. It won't be long before the backstabbing starts again, if you think otherwise then you are fools.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

if he has nothing else to do now, I expect the £40k he promised last week he was holding for the counties will be hitting the inboxes this week
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

ILAD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:13 pm So you all think this is great? It's still the same counties with the same people in charge who have their own castles to protect. It won't be long before the backstabbing starts again, if you think otherwise then you are fools.
Do the counties have any say in the running of UKDA? That would be a big difference if they have no power.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm And "Wirral", and "Salopian"......
I believe the new Wirral team are playing out of the same club where Crusader's pub team plays so he might be able to get an answer to that one.
oche balboa wrote:Bromborough Social Club
1 Legion Lane
Wirral
CH62 7JQ

This is where the Wirral are listed to be playing
Both correct. However I have no idea what the plans are. I believe they have had or are planning a meeting soon.

Last I seen I think around 12 mens teams entered the new Super League but believe they are struggling getting women to sign up, last I seen was 3 woman's teams.
Thinking of one.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ILAD wrote:So you all think this is great? It's still the same counties with the same people in charge who have their own castles to protect. It won't be long before the backstabbing starts again, if you think otherwise then you are fools.
Exactly

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk