Highlights please - I have been out of the loop

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Murphio
International

Highlights please - I have been out of the loop

Post by Murphio »

Hey guys, had some personal issues to deal with over the last clatter of weeks. Can someone tell me what has happened with the BDO? Is it finally dead? Are the old guard still running this new org? Are all the counties on board? And what has happened to Des/Paula? Thanks in advance.
Murphio
International

Re: Highlights please - I have been out of the loop

Post by Murphio »

Further questions occur:
What will the relationship, if any, be with the PDC going forward?
Will there be a 'world' championship of any kind under this new org?
Are the World Masters etc and other events continuing?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Not interested in any PDC news then?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Rout wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:41 pm Not interested in any PDC news then?
The more things change, the more they stay the same. :grin:
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

"Highlights" is probably a bit exaggerated when the BDO is the topic, these days :D :D

My personal favourite was the announcement of BDO county darts going forward with a single digit number of loyal teams, all of which crumbled within a week or so and now they'll play in the UKDA system, AFAIK including Death Des' "own" team.
One of the then-remaining teams even mocked the others with some nonsense along the lines of "see you next year back in the BDO system" before they deflated and crept over to the UKDA.

So basically the last thing that somewhat resembled a reason for the BDO to exist is null and void.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

You can now book your place on the Terriblemolinos Open Jolly for 2021 in cash to the Jacklin's No receipt and no VAT
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I find it funny that El_Ringo never comments on PDC stuff
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:52 am I find it funny that El_Ringo never comments on PDC stuff
What's there of an amateur car crash totally lacking in common business sense to comment about of the PDC ?
Barry Hearn and his team live and stand by their record and when they have made mistakes they have listen to criticism & quickly acted to ensure it's not repeated.
Plus they have Rout on the blacklist

SO how can you deride them in any way ?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
oche balboa wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:52 am I find it funny that El_Ringo never comments on PDC stuff
What's there of an amateur car crash totally lacking in common business sense to comment about of the PDC ?
Barry Hearn and his team live and stand by their record and when they have made mistakes they have listen to criticism & quickly acted to ensure it's not repeated.
Plus they have Rout on the blacklist

SO how can you deride them in any way ?
So you're saying PDC darts isnt worth discussing?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:01 pm

No I am saying the part of the BDO I discuss doesn't exist with the PDC or if by some chance they do then they don't exist long enough for discussion as the PDC quickly put them right.

However should the PDC suffer a 10 year Machiavellian take over plot with the twists and turns of Hamlet full of ineptness and amateurism then I am sure I would find plenty to comment about with them.

I must admit I am slightly excited to see how parties who have dedicated their lives to running darts in the UK (sic) and now had that thrown back in their faces fight back in ways to undermine the UKAD at every turn so the hope for future discussion is still strong.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:

No I am saying the part of the BDO I discuss doesn't exist with the PDC or if by some chance they do then they don't exist long enough for discussion as the PDC quickly put them right.

However should the PDC suffer a 10 year Machiavellian take over plot with the twists and turns of Hamlet full of ineptness and amateurism then I am sure I would find plenty to comment about with them.

I must admit I am slightly excited to see how parties who have dedicated their lives to running darts in the UK (sic) and now had that thrown back in their faces fight back in ways to undermine the UKAD at every turn so the hope for future discussion is still strong.
It reads like you are saying the only things worth talking about in life are the negatives. Something goes wrong, you have a lot to say on the matter. When things are going well, there's nothing to say.

Quite a cynical and morbid way of looking at the world, no?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm
el_ringo wrote:

It reads like you are saying the only things worth talking about in life are the negatives. Something goes wrong, you have a lot to say on the matter. When things are going well, there's nothing to say.

Christ everyone of your posts is like this.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

I have just had a look through my recent post history and you are incorrect.

Maybe your current angry state of mind is just choosing to see it that way?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:40 pm
ILAD wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

I have just had a look through my recent post history and you are incorrect.

Maybe your current angry state of mind is just choosing to see it that way?
Me angry, nah, I just take the piss.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Well ok what has gone right with the BDO in the last 10 years that anyone could possibly talk about ?
Rout wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm Quite a cynical and morbid way of looking at the world, no?
The day amateur darts becomes my world the way it has obviously yours will probably be the signal for me to see professional psychiatric help.
If you mean is it a cynical and morbid way to look at amateur darts then no not really as the days since 93 onwards have been full of wonderful discussion points on how the BDO has been wrong and their resulting failings in business acumen. Where else can you get such entertainment for free these days ?

Just look in the past few years we have had the saga of the then thought of millionaire messiah usurping power making bold triumph mistakes to end with them being forever branded by history as the Lincs Liars.

What's the most controversial thing the PDC have done in this time ? Given and helped the ladies darts game grow.

It's really chalk and cheese for discussion isn't it ?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
Well ok what has gone right with the BDO in the last 10 years that anyone could possibly talk about ?
Rout wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm Quite a cynical and morbid way of looking at the world, no?
The day amateur darts becomes my world the way it has obviously yours will probably be the signal for me to see professional psychiatric help.
If you mean is it a cynical and morbid way to look at amateur darts then no not really as the days since 93 onwards have been full of wonderful discussion points on how the BDO has been wrong and their resulting failings in business acumen. Where else can you get such entertainment for free these days ?

Just look in the past few years we have had the saga of the then thought of millionaire messiah usurping power making bold triumph mistakes to end with them being forever branded by history as the Lincs Liars.

What's the most controversial thing the PDC have done in this time ? Given and helped the ladies darts game grow.

It's really chalk and cheese for discussion isn't it ?
I dont think you get the crux of the point.

I completely agree with your assessment on the performance and fortunes of the two governing bodies in question.

This discussion started when oche pointed out you don't ever discuss the PDC (I don't know whether that's true or not btw). You appeared to justify that by saying the reason behind that is because only good things happen in the PDC so there is nothing to discuss.

I am simply saying I find it bizarre that anyone would ONLY want to talk about the negatives of a subject they like. There is plenty to talk about other than things that have gone badly.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

The irony of this discussion between rout and Ringo is highly amusing. Opposing but strikingly similar views. Rout hates the pdc Ringo hates the bdo

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Last edited by craigmc on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Rout backed the wrong horse
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

craigmc wrote:Rout backed the wrong horse
Trump won. Doesn't mean it was right to back him.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.