15th November 2010- The Power was counted out

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

15th November 2010- The Power was counted out

Post by oche balboa »

10 years ago on this very day was an long awaited match, which beforehand took Darts forums into overdrive

It was Phil Taylor vs Ted Hankey

Enjoy the action in these clips here

(Part 1)

(Part 2)

(Part 3)

Great day
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Rout
International

Re: 15th November 2010- The Power was counted out

Post by Rout »

A marvellous day. Probably my second fave match of all time, (behind Taylor v Mardle, 2008 Ally Pally).

Some of the predictions on forum land as to how this match would pan out were hilarious. And some of the meltdowns that followed too.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

A great match, a great occasion, a great result, a great reaction on forums...

In short, I enjoyed that game.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

Hankey wins a deciding leg contest from 2010 against the greatest player of all-time who was trying out glasses, and this warrants a post 10 years on?! Shall I start one about the Wizard's 2012 European Championship win and ask for a vote on the best match of that tournament? Or Phil Taylor's 2x 9-darters against Wade in that year's Premier League final, one of the true great darting achievements?

Bizarre. And there'll never be another Phil Taylor, ever. As much as he divides opinion as a person (myself included), he was magnificent for the game, got me into the sport and nobody can or will ever match his 30-year longevity and success.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

No one gives or has ever given a shit about Simon Whitlock. The highlight of his career was behaving himself beautifully during "delightedTedwon-gate"
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

waddle147 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:49 pm No one gives or has ever given a shit about Simon Whitlock. The highlight of his career was behaving himself beautifully during "delightedTedwon-gate"
Yeah no-one cares about Simon, just a PDC major winner and multiple times finalist and one of the most recognisable faces & names in the game. Not compared to old Ted who won a World title with some shocking averages once most of the top players had jumped ship, and the odd Grand Slam game when he managed to qualify. Nuts.

Oh, and mind your language please.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Could have stopped at the first five words of your post there.

Nobody ever said Whitlock wasn't a good player, the problem is he has absolutely no balls or charisma.

Even people who don't like Hankey would have to admit he was entertaining to watch. I've never seen anyone say "god I'm looking forward to this Whitlock game the night."
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
redman
Steady Sixties

Post by redman »

WizardofozFan wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:02 am
waddle147 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:49 pm No one gives or has ever given a shit about Simon Whitlock. The highlight of his career was behaving himself beautifully during "delightedTedwon-gate"
Yeah no-one cares about Simon, just a PDC major winner and multiple times finalist and one of the most recognisable faces & names in the game. Not compared to old Ted who won a World title with some shocking averages once most of the top players had jumped ship, and the odd Grand Slam game when he managed to qualify. Nuts.

meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

I see you conveniently missed out the part where Hankey blitzed his way through a stacked field to win a world title.

Odd, that.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

WizardofozFan wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:43 pm Hankey wins a deciding leg contest from 2010 against the greatest player of all-time who was trying out glasses, and this warrants a post 10 years on?! Shall I start one about the Wizard's 2012 European Championship win and ask for a vote on the best match of that tournament? Or Phil Taylor's 2x 9-darters against Wade in that year's Premier League final, one of the true great darting achievements?

Bizarre. And there'll never be another Phil Taylor, ever. As much as he divides opinion as a person (myself included), he was magnificent for the game, got me into the sport and nobody can or will ever match his 30-year longevity and success.
I see that you missed the part where Taylor molested two women in a caravan. Odd, that.
Last edited by meetthefeebles on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

waddle147 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:16 am Could have stopped at the first five words of your post there.

Nobody ever said Whitlock wasn't a good player, the problem is he has absolutely no balls or charisma.

Even people who don't like Hankey would have to admit he was entertaining to watch. I've never seen anyone say "god I'm looking forward to this Whitlock game the night."
Yes, yes, but what about when Whitlock won a European Championship title on the telly box?
The Swordsman
Steady Sixties

Post by The Swordsman »

Ted Hankey’s WC win in 2000 is one of the all time greatest performances. And backing up his 2009 title by beating the convicted sex offender at the GS showed utter class. A different league to head shaking shitlock.
J Y Kelly
Pub Champion

Post by J Y Kelly »

Whitlock is a fud and I have it on good authority that his dreads smell worse than Ted’s bath towel
There's a homo fae Fife whom plays the game
and oh what a bummer , Stevie's the name
No man sais he , shall stand in his way
He'll make them bend over, because he is a gay
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WizardofozFan wrote:Shall I start one about the Wizard's 2012 European Championship win and ask for a vote on the best match of that tournament? .
Was this the event where he went mad before the final and had a whole pint of lager instead of his usual half?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Oh mate that’s laughable

Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

This is why I love this forum.
A thread about a clash between Taylor and Hankey a decade ago, and within 4 posts it's morphed into a childish squabble about the merits or otherwise of Simon Whitlock.
Wonderful stuff.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

WizardofozFan wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:43 pm Hankey wins a deciding leg contest from 2010 against the greatest player of all-time who was trying out glasses, and this warrants a post 10 years on?! Shall I start one about the Wizard's 2012 European Championship win and ask for a vote on the best match of that tournament? Or Phil Taylor's 2x 9-darters against Wade in that year's Premier League final, one of the true great darting achievements?

But, but, but.... Hankey won it for the fans.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hankey on Onlyfans? Enjoy breakfast, everyone.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:40 am Hankey on Onlyfans? Enjoy breakfast, everyone.
Haha

The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Are you for real? :omg: