DRA suspends McKinstry and Nijman-Barney a cheat

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: DRA suspends McKinstry and Nijman

Post by Ginge »

TheSandman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:57 am I find it hard to believe that only 2 games from McKinstry and 1 from Nijman were the only fixed games in this whole comp. Especially after watching a few of them.

Wasn’t there rumours about some games in the Retirement Darts League as well, although that wasn’t under any governing darts body.
Barney vs Adams certainly was suspicious...

This was the first game of the night, Barney then reverted to 90+ averages the rest of the evening. Barney then didnt play any further part in any event after that week and it was quite early on. Big Thame Knew....
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

dartistik
Brass Darts

Post by dartistik »

Ginge wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:07 pm Found an old thread, was a 6 month ban for drugs.
Nope, Vladimir Andersen was not banned for drugs, despite the rumours circulating online about it. He has been banned by our national organisation 3 times for "disorderly behaviour" at local opens - first time 6 months, second time a year, and is currently serving a two year ban expiring in November 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ha, bloody hell.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Anyway, the full judgement

https://c352ce03-13e2-49e6-adc6-85fec88 ... 903081.pdf

"Significant connections were identified between the eight bettors and McKinstry. One of the bettors is a close associate, whilst several of the other bettors are Facebook friends with McKinstry or his partner"

The silly sod
Big Jock Knew
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

I'd like to know more details of the 'disorderly behaviour'. Sounds like an entertaining kind of chap.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

The Scots are all at it. Who was the fella that was absolutely off his tits at the Nations Cup or whatever it was? Plays PDC now.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:24 am The Scots are all at it. Who was the fella that was absolutely off his tits at the Nations Cup or whatever it was? Plays PDC now.
Cameron Menzies.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ah, yes. For some reason I couldn’t get Ewan Hyslop out of my head.

He was off his chops.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yes I remember C,ontrary C,ol saying it was a load of oul bollox before Dicie and Tony Martin corrected him.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

I’d forgotten about TimmyB,s mate.
dartistik
Brass Darts

Post by dartistik »

Wookiee wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:12 am I'd like to know more details of the 'disorderly behaviour'. Sounds like an entertaining kind of chap.
I only have few of the specific details, but probably best not to share publicly :grin:

To my knowledge it is mostly about getting (too) drunk, loud and such. Which is a great shame, because he's one of the greatest talents we've had in many years, and if he could get his behaviour straight he would no doubt be one of the top players here.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Addicks Fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:21 pm What's the betting he'll be picked by the NIDO for any WDF cups in the future?
It have seen on Twitter and Facebook that the WDF are going to be working with the DRA going forward, So I guess this will count him out of ANY events held in his own country under the guidance/ruling of the WDF as they will have to follow the DRA guidelines.
JFT97
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

dartistik wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:31 am
Wookiee wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:12 am I'd like to know more details of the 'disorderly behaviour'. Sounds like an entertaining kind of chap.
I only have few of the specific details, but probably best not to share publicly :grin:
Don't tease us!
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Bag Carrier wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 am
Addicks Fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:21 pm What's the betting he'll be picked by the NIDO for any WDF cups in the future?
It have seen on Twitter and Facebook that the WDF are going to be working with the DRA going forward, So I guess this will count him out of ANY events held in his own country under the guidance/ruling of the WDF as they will have to follow the DRA guidelines.
It hasn't happened yet, I'm sure they would announce it if it were so, as it would be a massive change. It will be interesting to see what national governing bodies think about disciplinary action and rules being outside their control, I imagine some wouldn't be happy about it!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They could always resign as WDF members if they dont like it.
Big Jock Knew
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

They'd probably wait and see if the WDF suspends them first!
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

if the WDF wants anything to do with the PDC or any of it's events it will not let a player take part in one of theirs if he can't take part in PDC events
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

The WDF is just an association of individual national governing bodies, and I don't think it will be as easy to enforce these issues on its members as people think. The tag line on the DRA website - The Sports Governing Body of Darts - is likely to cause a problem in itself!

Not saying it won't happen, but at the moment the rules make it clear that McKinstry has done nothing wrong in the eyes of the WDF, because it doesn't recognise the event, and the NIDO have taken no action despite the fact that he was found guilty nearly a month ago.

If the PDC insist on the WDF following DRA rules then the WDF will be doing itself out of a job!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Its a shame there is absolutely no press coverage surrounding the WDF, as I am sure the prospect of the headline "WDF ALLOW CONVICTED MATCHFIXER TO PLAY IN INTERNATIONAL EVENT WHILST BANNED" would be enough to allow it never to happen.

And as said, if they do allow it, I would expect Uncle Barry and the PDC to attempt to screw them over in some way.

Has anyone actually asked someone in NIDO if he would be picked for international selection?
Big Jock Knew