International

Re: Curious/Weird PDC Worlds Memories

Post by DavidB »

Thread ruined.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Out of interest, how many of the 20 moments in the original post can you name the exact year it happened?
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

mik252 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:30 pm Royden Lam’s fifty checkout directly on the bull.

Justin Pipe and ‘coughgate’.
Great couple of shouts. Royden Lam's 50 checkout on the bull aka the soft tip route did not go down well with Newton!
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

waddle147 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:02 pm Out of interest, how many of the 20 moments in the original post can you name the exact year it happened?
Between 2008 and 2020, that'll do for me!!

Another one would be Kevin McDine thinking he could out-MVG MVG in the celebration stakes and then epically failing to beat him....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I liked it when Colin Lloyd shoved the drill in the virgin otter's face.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Rout wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:32 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Rout wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:27 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:Not all these memories were Ally Pally ones, some from the Circus Tavern.

For the avoidance of doubt only 2 people remain on ignore (Liam and Tim).
What does the thread title say, genius?
Be nice. Read the OP where it clearly asks for the last 13 years of "Ally Pally" memories.
Has me on ignore :)
I mentioned earlier this evening that only Liam and Tim are on ignore.
Ah so you were lying when you said you put me back on ignore. Gotcha.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Best one was when Merv King threw a full jug of water glass and all into the front row of the mongpit shouting let's have ya.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

My favourite was when the lads doing the human centipede came 2nd in the Wayne's World fancy dress segment.
UKDA 4 Life
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Oh yeah and the interview where Big Robbo completed the Rubics cube whilst doing the interview in about 2 minutes flat.

And the Segway incident anyone mentioned that yet?
Freddo
The Ton Club

Post by Freddo »

Most curios has to be Wade being 6-1 up and managing to lose
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

phil davies wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:38 pm
WizardofozFan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:22 pm
mik252 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:30 pm Royden Lam’s fifty checkout directly on the bull.

Great couple of shouts. Royden Lam's 50 checkout on the bull aka the soft tip route did not go down well with Newton!
No idea why this should/did upset anyone. If I was playing I’d be happy seeing my opponent go for the bull on 50.

Didn’t Taylor do it on TV once v Painter?
Ditto, go which way you like. There's an argument to be had about the right way to go for shots but whichever takes your fancy is what I think.

He did, it was after Kevin had checked out on the bull while Phil wasn't on a finish. So revenge.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

WizardofozFan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:41 pm

No idea why this should/did upset anyone. If I was playing I’d be happy seeing my opponent go for the bull on 50.

Ditto, go which way you like. There's an argument to be had about the right way to go for shots but whichever takes your fancy is what I think.

He did, it was after Kevin had checked out on the bull while Phil wasn't on a finish. So revenge.
Seen a guy play a super league match throwing only at the bull when he saw his opposition was a young lad drafted in last minute to make the numbers up.

Ended in a bit of a fight.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

The Cat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Seen a guy play a super league match throwing only at the bull when he saw his opposition was a young lad drafted in last minute to make the numbers up.

Wow really?!! Well that is taking the mick for sure! I mean if you want 55, you shouldn't go 5, bull at all, and certainly not deliberately leaving bull every time...
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ffs
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

When Hankey beat Taylor.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

WizardofozFan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:50 pm

Wow really?!! Well that is taking the mick for sure! I mean if you want 55, you shouldn't go 5, bull at all, and certainly not deliberately leaving bull every time...
No I meant he threw everything at the bull - scoring as well. He won easily which caused the fight.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Cheshire Open final one year, might have been 2011, saw Dean Winstanley hit the bull with 3 in hand to win the whole thing and his oppnent, Steve Atkinson was not a happy bunny at all and there was handbags on the stage over it.

Same guy had to borrow someone elses pants and shoes just to be able to play the final too.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

The Cat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:55 pm

No I meant he threw everything at the bull - scoring as well. He won easily which caused the fight.
Even worse then!!
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

WizardofozFan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 pm
The Cat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:55 pm

Even worse then!!
Yes! It was!
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Rout wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:02 pm Cheshire Open final one year, might have been 2011, saw Dean Winstanley hit the bull with 3 in hand to win the whole thing and his oppnent, Steve Atkinson was not a happy bunny at all and there was handbags on the stage over it.

Same guy had to borrow someone elses pants and shoes just to be able to play the final too.
[/quote
You will usually find the people miffed bull eg 2 tops for 80 are usually the players who stand behind you while your throwing, flicking there flights through there fingers trying to put you off :IIII: