PDC World Championship- December 2020- 3rd January 2021- London

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
TheWall
The Ton Club

Re: PDC World Championship- December 2020- 3rd January 2021- London

Post by TheWall »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:07 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:It's when you watch these players that you come to appreciate just how good that caravan b*stard was. It was obviously noticeable at the time, but it is more so now he's retired and all these new superstars have failed utterly to fill the void he left. Even in his last competitive match, Taylor showed more balls than Anderson, MvG, Wright and even Price at the end there combined.

Prime Taylor would have walked through this year's renewal. No doubt in my mind about that, and I absolutely detested the bloke and was (and still am) delighted he f*cked off.
A “finished” Taylor was still winning a couple of majors a year and half the pro tour events he played in.

Can’t stand the guy, complete and utter tossed of the highest order, but there’s no doubt if he carried on he would still be in the top 8, if not too 4. Some of these guys crumble way too easy and Taylor would be all over them.

Price is going to have to watch himself, eyes all on him for a year and the slightest issue going to be blown up.

Agree with rout re Anderson, the guy just needs to retire, it’s obvious he doesn’t like playing darts any more.
He would still be ranked 1st and would have won this tournament at a canter.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

meetthefeebles wrote:
Rout wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:55 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:
Rout wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:37 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:If Price loses from here it will be the greatest and most wonderful bottlejob in the history of darts. Missed the big one in that leg
I cant see it happening, because Anderson is doing enough to keep the pressure on.

When chizzy put out MVG, I was initially delighted but when the dust settled I realised it meant price would probably end up winning it and this is why.
Mental fortitude is what marks the greats from the really good. Anderson has shown it in patches over the years but that was wank. He's giving it the Manley 'fiddy grand' speach, here. Delighted to have lost.
If MVG or Wright had been in that situation I honestly think they would have walked away with the trophy from 6-2 down and we would be talking about Price as producing the biggest bottlejob of all time. He was shot to pieces but Anderson was utterly dreadful in response.
They would have had a better chance but I don't see it. I actually think Bomber is into something. MvG's confidence in adversity is shot and I think he's have folded just as badly. Wright is a career bottler who won a TV title at about the millionth time of asking and, after a short people patch 12 months back, is now back to mostly dressing stupidly and not winning titles.

Taylor would have won, certainly, though he wouldn't have been 2-6 down. Part and Bristow, too. Barney became a meme at the end but a prime version would had every chance. That's just four fairly obvious examples - there are others.
It's hard to predict whether Price would have carried on wobbling at 6-4, 6-5 and 6-6 but based on how much he crapped himself, it's not an unreasonable assumption and if he had, I think theres quite a few others that would have cashed in.

He didnt just get a little edgy, he absolutely collapsed and Anderson still looked second best.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
TheWall
The Ton Club

Post by TheWall »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:58 pm
paolo2144 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:56 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:39 pm
Skewball wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:35 pm Came up on my FB that this time 6 years ago I was in the stands watching SF night , Gary beat MVG and Taylor beat Barney. Couldn't have wished for a better line up.
Taylor would just about be a top five player now. 2021 is the best eva.
Lol best wind up post of the night. Taylor of 2008 to 2013 could beat current crop, including the ailing MvG without breaking a sweat.

Gary was rank rotten but fair play to Gerwyn a worthy winner and deserved No1.
https://www.sportinglife.com/darts/news ... mes/186641

A few people obviously missed this comedy gold...
Fucking hell. Nicho is worse than Mardle.
The viewer
Brass Darts

Post by The viewer »

Thank god we're not. Going
To hear. Mardle for a while!!?.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Online Darts interview with Gary.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Online Darts interview with Gerwyn Price.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

Not the highest quality final but no question Price deserved the win despite the short lived wobble.

Anderson was tripe. Nothing wrong with his action, it's all between the ears now. I think he winds himself up too much, one minute he's off because he doesn't like some players behaviour and the next he's going on for years because someone said something that annoyed him.

Used to really enjoy watching him and hope he gets the help he clearly needs and some joy back.
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

The viewer wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:36 pm Thank god we're not. Going
Maybe so, but to be honest, I'm going to miss the darts. Kinda gotten used to this :)
My own game has gone to pot, but was feeling motivated to practice a bit the past few weeks. I hope if/when league play resumes here I'm still able to play!
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

O C wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:36 am
The viewer wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:36 pm Thank god we're not. Going
Maybe so, but to be honest, I'm going to miss the darts. Kinda gotten used to this :)
My own game has gone to pot, but was feeling motivated to practice a bit the past few weeks. I hope if/when league play resumes here I'm still able to play!
No BDO worlds, either. Christmas tree still up and nee darts to watch. Garbage.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

It does feel weird that Lakeside/BDO isnt on we would be on Day 3 now

Its pleasing for everyone who wanted Lakeside to finish but its leaves a hole
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Was always a fun way to get back into the work swing.
Darts on in the background in the afternoon.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:40 am Was always a fun way to get back into the work swing.
I've a feeling it will be back in one form or another supprised hearn hasn't made more of fact for first time in ages there's 1 only 1 world champion for darts
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve no idea why they are sending Barney through this process? Surely he should be deserving of a discretionary wildcard tour card?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

only85 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:53 am
ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:40 am Was always a fun way to get back into the work swing.
I've a feeling it will be back in one form or another supprised hearn hasn't made more of fact for first time in ages there's 1 only 1 world champion for darts
I think Hearn knows he's won and the WDF, MAD & UKDA are focused on "Amateur" sides of darts that he can just carry on

Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:06 am It does feel weird that Lakeside/BDO isnt on we would be on Day 3 now

Its pleasing for everyone who wanted Lakeside to finish but its leaves a hole
Really missing it to be honest. Really enjoyed Friday at the darts, and it seemed to shorten what is the shittiest month of the year even in the best of circumstances.
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

I'm working the first week in January for some time. Normally book this week off to get over Christmas and to enjoy Lakeside on an afternoon. Instead I'm stuck at my desk in the kitchen.

Might book some days off next week and watch some Lakeside classics from Youtube.

As for last night - fair play to Price, by far the deserving winner.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Si Robin wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 am I'm working the first week in January for some time. Normally book this week off to get over Christmas and to enjoy Lakeside on an afternoon. Instead I'm stuck at my desk in the kitchen.

Might book some days off next week and watch some Lakeside classics from Youtube.

As for last night - fair play to Price, by far the deserving winner.
Lakeside classics now you are talking

Grim Reaper
The Ton Club

Post by Grim Reaper »

only85 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:15 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:09 pm One good thing is that Mardle is now seemingly universally recognised as a figure of fun, rather than some kind of darts authority. Everyone has basically had a go at him at some stage of this tourney, including even the ditzy lass hosting the whole shebang.
posted earlier in the thread i think they should have asked caroline barker to host hopefully a new broom will soon be sweeping through skys very stale coverage
I think Emma Paton is pretty good; the coverage came across a lot more professional and polished when she was presenting compared to Laura Woods (who was rank awful and amateur more often than not).
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Paton and Woods are decent enough.

The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Paton was decent.