Q School 2021

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

Re: Q School 2021

Post by ssjsa »

Fallon Sherrock says the agony of missing out on the World Championship on leg-difference has made here more determined to win a PDC Tour Card at UK Qualifying School next week.

At the PDC Women's Series in October, Sherrock missed out by just two legs on a return to Alexandra Palace where she so famously defeated Ted Evetts and Mensur Suljovic in the 2019/20 event.

The 26-year-old will be among the hundreds of hopefuls at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes, starting next Monday, with Sherrock focussed on becoming one of the Tour Card winners.

"It was upsetting at the time but I could either keep getting upset about it or move on from it and that's the way I'm looking at it," Sherrock told The Darts Show Podcast

"I'm using it to make myself more determined. I'm not going to lose by two legs in the future, I don't want to be in that scenario again.

"Lisa winning a Tour Card last year was a great achievement. We all want to get on the ProTour, I want to join Lisa and I know I've got the game.

"I wouldn't be going to Q School if I didn't think I was capable of doing it. I feel like I'm ready for it, I'm ready to be pushed by top quality players.

"I've been practicing a lot. I'm looking forward to Q School so much, I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and playing some proper darts.

"I'm very excited. It will be a very different environment to last year, I don't know what to expect from the whole experience."

Sherrock drew 6-6 with eventual Premier League winner Glen Durrant in Nottingham in March 2020

Having become a global sensation with her Ally Pally exploits, Sherrock was set for a global tour in 2020 following her inclusion in all the World Series events.

However, the 'Queen of the Palace' remains upbeat, adding: "Instead of dwelling on everything that could've been, I've got to look to the future and see what I can achieve going forward.

"I'm feeling very confident in the way I'm playing. At the Women's Series I really did play some quality darts but missed out by two legs. I think I'll always remember that.

"I know that if I keep performing when I'm in the spotlight then more opportunities will come in the future."

Both the UK and European Qualifying Schools will see Stage One held across two blocks of three days, from February 8-10 and 11-13, before the Final Stage is held from February 14-17.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:28 pm Fallon Sherrock says the agony of missing out on the World Championship on leg-difference has made here more determined to win a PDC Tour Card at UK Qualifying School next week.

At the PDC Women's Series in October, Sherrock missed out by just two legs on a return to Alexandra Palace where she so famously defeated Ted Evetts and Mensur Suljovic in the 2019/20 event.

The 26-year-old will be among the hundreds of hopefuls at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes, starting next Monday, with Sherrock focussed on becoming one of the Tour Card winners.

"It was upsetting at the time but I could either keep getting upset about it or move on from it and that's the way I'm looking at it," Sherrock told The Darts Show Podcast

"I'm using it to make myself more determined. I'm not going to lose by two legs in the future, I don't want to be in that scenario again.

"Lisa winning a Tour Card last year was a great achievement. We all want to get on the ProTour, I want to join Lisa and I know I've got the game.

"I wouldn't be going to Q School if I didn't think I was capable of doing it. I feel like I'm ready for it, I'm ready to be pushed by top quality players.

"I've been practicing a lot. I'm looking forward to Q School so much, I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and playing some proper darts.

"I'm very excited. It will be a very different environment to last year, I don't know what to expect from the whole experience."

Sherrock drew 6-6 with eventual Premier League winner Glen Durrant in Nottingham in March 2020

Having become a global sensation with her Ally Pally exploits, Sherrock was set for a global tour in 2020 following her inclusion in all the World Series events.

However, the 'Queen of the Palace' remains upbeat, adding: "Instead of dwelling on everything that could've been, I've got to look to the future and see what I can achieve going forward.

"I'm feeling very confident in the way I'm playing. At the Women's Series I really did play some quality darts but missed out by two legs. I think I'll always remember that.

"I know that if I keep performing when I'm in the spotlight then more opportunities will come in the future."

Both the UK and European Qualifying Schools will see Stage One held across two blocks of three days, from February 8-10 and 11-13, before the Final Stage is held from February 14-17.
I read somewhere that she is playing really well.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Me too. Think it was the other forum.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

The other forum? Am I meant to know what that is?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

.Image
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Anyway, moving on....

Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:18 pm .Image
:DDD: :DDD:

Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ginge wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:19 pm Anyway, moving on....

Venue probably priced the bottles of JD too high.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Larry Butler also pulling out of QSchool.

Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

Good news about Part. One of the few decent commentators out there so need him available to talk about the game rather than playing it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

John Part seemingly have an issue when Sky were paying him to stay in a hotel in London during December for what I assume was a similar time period, funny that.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Less knobheads i presume.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Ginge wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:55 am John Part seemingly have an issue when Sky were paying him to stay in a hotel in London during December for what I assume was a similar time period, funny that.
But Sky were probably picking up his hotel & expenses costs for something he was getting paid to do.

Going to Q School would have been costing him money and he would unlikely gain a tour card.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

He only mentioned issues with testing and being sat in hotels, no different to what he will have had to endure over Xmas.

Agree he would have been throwing his money away though.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I dont blame Part. Some of these people are mad for doing Q School as they will have no chance of getting a card or having a good time on the challenge tour.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
chateauman
Steady Sixties

Post by chateauman »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:37 am I dont blame Part. Some of these people are mad for doing Q School as they will have no chance of getting a card or having a good time on the challenge tour.
It's an individual choice. I don't think anyone is mad for following their dreams trying to get a tour card, however unrealistic. At the very least, the challenge tour offers experience to improve your game and to play competitively given there aren't any wdf/mad/ukda events yet.

I accept there is risk due to Covid, yet this is a risk we experience shopping, going to work, opening your parcels/letters etc and part of every day life. For me personally, I believe the testing and precautions in place at QSchool makes it a safer environment than going to work in an office for example. I guess all I am trying to say is it's an individual choice and I respect Part's choice not to attend, as you do. But I also respect the choices of others to attend regardless of their perceived ability of success.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Danny Baggish already in Milton Keynes.

SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

Campbell now going to Germany

Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

SAFC wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:29 am
Sad. Legend he is, same goes for Part. Would love to have them on the Challenge Tour.