The Lakeside Trophy

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: The Lakeside Trophy

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 pm The DRA isn't compatible with pub/county darts. At PDC level it still is far from perfect.. How they police the county scene i just cant see? Most fixtures have some drama or another

exactly, how would the dra police the county.
Fine people on hearsay ?
Would not put it past them
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 pm The DRA isn't compatible with pub/county darts. At PDC level it still is far from perfect.. How they police the county scene i just cant see? Most fixtures have some drama or another
Again, I suspect this is exactly why they've been brought in. UKAD know what goes on and have decided they don't want it to go on any more.

Be interested to know what alternative people think would be better?
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:38 pm

Fine people on hearsay ?
Expect reports from games, witness statements being taken and hearings convened. Usual self-important guff.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

So has Lincs signed up to UKAD?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 pm
Again, I suspect this is exactly why they've been brought in. UKAD know what goes on and have decided they don't want it to go on any more.

let the counties police themselves.

giving power to an org that would fine and ban people without proof is wrong.
I dont care whatever they charge, actual proof should be provided before a person is convicted
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:38 pm

Fine people on hearsay ?
Looks a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. Cant see how County darts will fare post Covid and the new stewardship but will be an interesting watch. As someone who put a lot of effort into Superleague and local darts but not played in recent years i still expect the county teams to be little empires of the incumbents.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:46 pm

I dont care whatever they charge, actual proof should be provided before a person is convicted
But they can't police themselves. That has been proven over and over and over again. Doing the same thing again after it has been shown to not work is madness.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:46 pm So has Lincs signed up to UKAD?
Think they did eventually?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:56 pm

But they can't police themselves. That has been proven over and over and over again. Doing the same thing again after it has been shown to not work is madness.
I thought that ukad were dealing with discipline in house and only involving the DRA when there can be no agreement. Sorry if this has been talked about already.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 pm
I hope they behave.

meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:56 pm

I thought that ukad were dealing with discipline in house and only involving the DRA when there can be no agreement. Sorry if this has been talked about already.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18565&start=920

Back end of this thread. Lurgs asking some searching questions.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

I hope they behave.
The bad blood from how BDO imploded will transfer into this new junket. Loads of mileage in this. At the risk of bringing DBG into a topic I do agree with his views on County and the closed shops.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

meetthefeebles wrote:

Not sure it was as big a problem as you are inferring? Sure, there'll always be a bit of bravado here and there. But it's a game involving working class lads on the piss all weekend. Not really sure it needs fixing.

I think it's more about stopping people going to town on social media more than anything so that they can move away from the Des, Paula and Kane era of causing slanging matches on facebook.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm
I hope they behave.
The bad blood from how BDO imploded will transfer into this new junket. Loads of mileage in this. At the risk of bringing DBG into a topic I do agree with his views on County and the closed shops.
I have used the social club committee analogy a few times, idiots in charge of a business never works, to many castles to defend, it will all fail again.

meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Rout wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:16 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:

Not sure it was as big a problem as you are inferring? Sure, there'll always be a bit of bravado here and there. But it's a game involving working class lads on the piss all weekend. Not really sure it needs fixing.

I think it's more about stopping people going to town on social media more than anything so that they can move away from the Des, Paula and Kane era of causing slanging matches on facebook.
As I said earlier, I definitely think this is predominantly about social media. But this kills several birds with the same stone, or at least UKAD probably see it at such.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:18 pm
craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm
I hope they behave.
I have used the social club committee analogy a few times, idiots in charge of a business never works, to many castles to defend, it will all fail again.
It's an accurate analogy. Reminds me of the old fashioned members clubs with a steward and committee. They would watch guests plough money into the fruit machines without comment when they lost but would seize the payout if the 250 dropped by same guest as not full member.Generally sad types with little else in life outside of their own little empires. That was the pyramid the BDO was built on. Ollys empire splintered down to minions in each county.Little has changed.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

meetthefeebles wrote:
meetthefeebles wrote:
meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 pm Again, I suspect this is exactly why they've been brought in. UKAD know what goes on and have decided they don't want it to go on any more.

As I said earlier, I definitely think this is predominantly about social media. But this kills several birds with the same stone, or at least UKAD probably see it at such.
Ah I missed that. Fair enough then and agreed.

I'd be interested to know the costs involved of involving them.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Shouldnt mention the Cops and Robbers club friuty on here in respect to certain regimes
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

craigmc wrote:Shouldnt mention the Cops and Robbers club friuty on here in respect to certain regimes
That money was just resting in Irene's account.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Rout wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:35 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:
meetthefeebles wrote:

Ah I missed that. Fair enough then and agreed.

I'd be interested to know the costs involved of involving them.
Calipers