Rout
International

Re: The Lakeside Trophy

Post by Rout »

craigmc wrote:
Rout wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:35 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:
Rout wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:16 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: But they can't police themselves. That has been proven over and over and over again. Doing the same thing again after it has been shown to not work is madness.
Not sure it was as big a problem as you are inferring? Sure, there'll always be a bit of bravado here and there. But it's a game involving working class lads on the piss all weekend. Not really sure it needs fixing.

I think it's more about stopping people going to town on social media more than anything so that they can move away from the Des, Paula and Kane era of causing slanging matches on facebook.
As I said earlier, I definitely think this is predominantly about social media. But this kills several birds with the same stone, or at least UKAD probably see it at such.
Ah I missed that. Fair enough then and agreed.

I'd be interested to know the costs involved of involving them.
Calipers
Damn swear filter.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:34 pm
ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:18 pm
craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm
ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 pm
craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 pm

Think they did eventually?
I hope they behave.
The bad blood from how BDO imploded will transfer into this new junket. Loads of mileage in this. At the risk of bringing DBG into a topic I do agree with his views on County and the closed shops.
I have used the social club committee analogy a few times, idiots in charge of a business never works, to many castles to defend, it will all fail again.
It's an accurate analogy. Reminds me of the old fashioned members clubs with a steward and committee. They would watch guests plough money into the fruit machines without comment when they lost but would seize the payout if the 250 dropped by same guest as not full member.Generally sad types with little else in life outside of their own little empires. That was the pyramid the BDO was built on. Ollys empire splintered down to minions in each county.Little has changed.
Ha, still happens.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:47 pm
craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:34 pm
ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:18 pm
craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm
ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 pm

I hope they behave.
The bad blood from how BDO imploded will transfer into this new junket. Loads of mileage in this. At the risk of bringing DBG into a topic I do agree with his views on County and the closed shops.
I have used the social club committee analogy a few times, idiots in charge of a business never works, to many castles to defend, it will all fail again.
It's an accurate analogy. Reminds me of the old fashioned members clubs with a steward and committee. They would watch guests plough money into the fruit machines without comment when they lost but would seize the payout if the 250 dropped by same guest as not full member.Generally sad types with little else in life outside of their own little empires. That was the pyramid the BDO was built on. Ollys empire splintered down to minions in each county.Little has changed.
Ha, still happens.
Yep. The dinosaurs raiding the Quality Street tin still oversee their own little empires. New name same crud
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

As I said earlier the same people who voted Des Jacklin in.

These are the same imbeciles still running the counties, just under the UKDA banner
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The UKDA hasn't even farted yet. But it is on your hit list?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Freudian slip
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:08 pm As I said earlier the same people who voted Des Jacklin in.

These are the same imbeciles still running the counties, just under the UKDA banner
That's the truth of it Whilst I'm sure the intentions are good you cant change the nature of what county darts is. What relevance it has now remains to be proved? Suspect will clunk along for next few decade then the people it matters to will be gone and forgotten. The maroon blazers and red trousers consigned to Routs and DFs wet dreams.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:16 pm The UKDA hasn't even farted yet. But it is on your hit list?
Placeholder for Officer Crabtree.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:18 pmFreudian slip
I meant they done feck all yet. Not a fart!
Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:16 pm The UKDA hasn't even farted yet. But it is on your hit list?
What part of my post was inaccurate ?
Why are you so defensive ?
why do you feel the need to obsess with my posts ?

you can whine and chase me as you have done for years, but it wont alter the facts, the same idiots that voted in des, Sue, Adams etc are the same former blazer goons now in the UKDA

Until those dinosaurs die off and are replaced with people more forward thinking it will be a case of rinse and repeat.
anyone with a modicum of intelligence is aware of this, somehow i am sure you will ignore the actual point being made to instead chase the poster.

Edited by Admin.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:24 pm

you can whine and chase me as you have done for years, but it wont alter the facts, the same idiots that voted in des, Sue, Adams etc are the same former blazer goons now in the UKDA

Until those dinosaurs die off and are replaced with people more forward thinking it will be a case of rinse and repeat.
anyone with a modicum of intelligence is aware of this, somehow i am sure you will ignore the actual point being made to instead chase the poster.

Edited by Admin.
His question was perfectly valid. Your starting position in respect of UKAD is to presume bad faith. That is true even in respect of things which clearly show they intend to run a much more professional ship, such as involving the DRA to crack down on the online nonsense.

They may turn out to be a load of the same, but they should be given a fair crack of the whip first.
Last edited by meetthefeebles on Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

craigmc wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:18 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:08 pm As I said earlier the same people who voted Des Jacklin in.

That's the truth of it Whilst I'm sure the intentions are good you cant change the nature of what county darts is. What relevance it has now remains to be proved? Suspect will clunk along for next few decade then the people it matters to will be gone and forgotten. The maroon blazers and red trousers consigned to Routs and DFs wet dreams.
Why not? Look at what professional darts has become. It is absolutely unrecognisable from the equivalent even as recently as fifteen or so years ago.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:36 pm

Why not? Look at what professional darts has become. It is absolutely unrecognisable from the equivalent even as recently as fifteen or so years ago.
Professional darts never started with dozens of divvys trying to protect their castles.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Edited by Admin.
One question and you cry like a victim.
Just answer it!
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Professional darts never started with dozens of divvys trying to protect their castles.
Are you serious?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:39 pm

Are you serious?
The breakaway was a group of likeminded players with a common goal, have I missed something?

meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Look, it is perfectly possible that UKDA turns out to be another shambles. But it has to be given a chance first, surely? So far, does anyone really think that it looks, sounds, or acts like the BDO? I don't.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Can’t be any worse surely.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:41 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:39 pm

Are you serious?
The breakaway was a group of likeminded players with a common goal, have I missed something?
Aye, it was a bunch of blokes 'trying to protect their castles'. Then there is Olly himself, the ultimate 'protect my castle' gadge. That's just for starters.

Your original post was miles out.
Little Lonely Garry
International

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:34 pm

Edited by Admin.
His question was perfectly valid. Your starting position in respect of UKAD is to presume bad faith. That is true even in respect of things which clearly show they intend to run a much more professional ship, such as involving the DRA to crack down on the online nonsense.

They may turn out to be a load of the same, but they should be given a fair crack of the whip first.

So let me get this straight, are you saying the same morons, that elected Des the liar in charge of the bdo and all the previous morons before them are no longer morons because they are called the UKDA now ?.

this line of "they may turn out to be the same". I hate to break it to you they are the same people, just a different name now.
Maybe in time those people will retire, snuff it whatever and new forward thinking might take over, but lets not kid ourselves, they are the same people,same mentality presently
Last edited by Little Lonely Garry on Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.