The Lakeside Trophy

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ILAD
International

Re: The Lakeside Trophy

Post by ILAD »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:42 pm Look, it is perfectly possible that UKDA turns out to be another shambles. But it has to be given a chance first, surely? So far, does anyone really think that it looks, sounds, or acts like the BDO? I don't.
I hope you are correct. They need to do everything different to what has happened in the past. As you have alluded to earlier they need to stay off social media, including forums, bag carrier needs to stop posting as he is involved with the org, it can just open a can of worms with trolling etc.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

meetthefeebles wrote:Look, it is perfectly possible that UKDA turns out to be another shambles. But it has to be given a chance first, surely? So far, does anyone really think that it looks, sounds, or acts like the BDO? I don't.
They are making all the right noises. And this year off gives them the breathing space they needed to get all their policies/people/processes in place. They deserve a good crack at it.

Although I still think one day/night City/town based league was the way to go
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:43 pm Can’t be any worse surely.
True, but that does not equate that will suddenly be a lot better overnight.
As long as the people who voted in des, those former blazer wearing simpletons are dead or retires, its just the same type of bdo under a different name.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

A dictator is the way forward.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Little Lonely Garry
International

ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:48 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:42 pm Look, it is perfectly possible that UKDA turns out to be another shambles. But it has to be given a chance first, surely? So far, does anyone really think that it looks, sounds, or acts like the BDO? I don't.
I hope you are correct. They need to do everything different to what has happened in the past. As you have alluded to earlier they need to stay off social media, including forums, bag carrier needs to stop posting as he is involved with the org, it can just open a can of worms with trolling etc.
look at des, he has wife using the same shared account.You would not see uncle barrys mrs using his pdc social media account.
You dont see matt porter threatening people with slaps
let alone the offspring act like ignorant savages.

If bag carrier is not in an official position then he needs to stop posting as if he is, otherwise it will come across like oche speaking about the pdc, a pitiful thing.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:47 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:34 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:24 pm
ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:16 pm The UKDA hasn't even farted yet. But it is on your hit list?
What part of my post was inaccurate ?
Why are you so defensive ?
why do you feel the need to obsess with my posts ?

you can whine and chase me as you have done for years, but it wont alter the facts, the same idiots that voted in des, Sue, Adams etc are the same former blazer goons now in the UKDA

Until those dinosaurs die off and are replaced with people more forward thinking it will be a case of rinse and repeat.
anyone with a modicum of intelligence is aware of this, somehow i am sure you will ignore the actual point being made to instead chase the poster.

Edited by Admin.
His question was perfectly valid. Your starting position in respect of UKAD is to presume bad faith. That is true even in respect of things which clearly show they intend to run a much more professional ship, such as involving the DRA to crack down on the online nonsense.

They may turn out to be a load of the same, but they should be given a fair crack of the whip first.

So let me get this straight, are you saying the same morons, that elected Des the liar in charge of the bdo and all the previous morons before them are no longer morons because they are called the UKDA now ?.

this line of "they may turn out to be the same". I hate to break it to you they are the same people, just a different name now.
Maybe in time those people will retire, snuff it whatever and new forward thinking might take over, but lets not kid ourselves, they are the same people,same mentality presently
I know this might come as a surprise to you, but maybe some of these people have learned from their mistakes and have decided to do thing differently from here on in?

So they look like they're doing the same old, same old so far?

It's one thing to be wary of something, to be suspicious even. But you've decided they are shit before they've so much as organised a game.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

I love a bit of optimism.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry needs to have something to write about.
So he is hoping it will be so.
He can only use this place as content for so long.
Little Lonely Garry
International

the people who were behind Adams when he stabbed olly in the back were the same people behind sue williams and her husband who thought nothing of going to peoples homes and work places.
The same people who voted for des jacklin. These peoples track record is atrocious

so forgive me for not having as much faith in those simpletons as you do.
You can wrap up a turd, call it a new name, but its still a turd.

Of course I would love to be proven wrong, see the bitter old former blazer wearing people gone completely from the game, see these deluded people stop calling the amateur players "world pro" or using nonsense names like "world championships" for 2 bit mickey mouse tin pot comps that are no better than pub comps.

People who accept their role as a feeder system to the PDC. I know bitter mushrooms dont like accepting this, but it needs to happen.
Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:27 pm Garry needs to have something to write about.
can you put aside your obsession for a bit, the adults are having a conversation
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Of course. And, so far, it looks like lessons have been learned. Look at their website, for example. It's nice, crisp, corporate, well maintained. As it should be. They seem to understand that social media is a vital communication and marketing tool. That's what it is used for. Let's see what happens when they have games to report. But, so far, they aren't using social media to issue threats, flog jaunts to med hotels, argue with long-standing rivals, make vainglorious boasts etc

The basics. Be professional, even if you are for amateurs. And it is there so far. It's a decent start. As I said, why get the DRA involved if they aren't serious about cracking down on the online nonsense? When would 'the BDO' have tried to do that?

It makes sense to give them a chance before presuming it is just 'the same old'. It certainly doesn't look like the same old, so far.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:27 pm Garry needs to have something to write about.
What drupid does to Rout and velvet is exactly what you are doing with JC.

meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:54 pm
look at des, he has wife using the same shared account.You would not see uncle barrys mrs using his pdc social media account.

If bag carrier is not in an official position then he needs to stop posting as if he is, otherwise it will come across like oche speaking about the pdc, a pitiful thing.
Agreed. So do these UKDA people use social media in that way, or has it been totally different so far?
Last edited by meetthefeebles on Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:31 pm
And what you do with me. :MAD: QED
Little Lonely Garry
International

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:32 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:54 pm

Agreed. So do these UKDA people use social media in that way, our had it been totally different so far?
Thankfully we have been spared the rulers of the UKDA doing what the bdo did in having the chairman act like an absolute scumbag.
An org should not need to be commended for not acting stupid.
Acting and behaving in a normal fashion is something that should be expected from every org.

The former blazer wearing morons will have to earn respect, as said their track record is atrocious, and I do not believe those individuals will change or are capable of changing.
The only hope is that when each of the old guard snuff its, they are replaced by people more in touch with reality.
The UKDA need to accept they are just a feeder system and know their role.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:35 pm
ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:31 pm
And what you do with me. :MAD: QED
Return the favour.

meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:28 pm the people who were behind Adams when he stabbed olly in the back were the same people behind sue williams and her husband who thought nothing of going to peoples homes and work places.
The same people who voted for des jacklin. These peoples track record is atrocious

so forgive me for not having as much faith in those simpletons as you do.
You can wrap up a turd, call it a new name, but its still a turd.

Of course I would love to be proven wrong, see the bitter old former blazer wearing people gone completely from the game, see these deluded people stop calling the amateur players "world pro" or using nonsense names like "world championships" for 2 bit mickey mouse tin pot comps that are no better than pub comps.

People who accept their role as a feeder system to the PDC. I know bitter mushr0oms dont like accepting this, but it needs to happen.
I think it's you who needs to move on. There is no BDO any more. Or a 'world pro'. The battle is over, the PDC is now the sole custodian of the professional game. No-one is going to call the WDF anything other than what it is. It will be the semi-professional world darts championship, though I suspect it will be referred to as an 'amateur' event (despite almost certainly having prize money for the participants).

The WDF had recognised what it is and where it sits in the darts pyramid. It will be for the benefit of darts of Bazza engages with them to create a direct feeder into the PDC for at least some of the better WDF players. It will allow him to concentrate on the professional game, which is all he has ever been interested in concentrating on.

UKDA has made no attempt to do anything other than run county darts.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Bazza doesn’t need to give a shiny shite about anything other than the PDC.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well put feebles.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Slurp