The Lakeside Trophy

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Bomber
Superleague Player

Re: The Lakeside Trophy

Post by Bomber »

As has been said, the UKDA aren't running anything nor have they ever run even a football card, all they have done is gather expressions of interest from counties to play with them when darts is allowed back in pubs which probably won't be this year unless it can be done within the rule of six, socially distanced and with table service.

Barry may have mentioned helping out amateur darts before covid but since then amateur darts has ended and the PDC has lost a bundle of dough keeping the game going for the pros and when and if amateur darts goes again, he's not likely to give up TV spots for a level of darts that won't do anything to encourage more TV slots or interest from sponsors.

Judging by some of the no-mark anonymous sponsor names on the latest PDC stages, he is hoovering up even the small change now. Amateur darts will do well to see pub league darts back next year.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Pub leagues will be all the rage once the pubs open properly again.
Great excuse to get down the boozer once a week.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:43 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:37 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:32 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:54 pm
ILAD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:48 pm

I hope you are correct. They need to do everything different to what has happened in the past. As you have alluded to earlier they need to stay off social media, including forums, bag carrier needs to stop posting as he is involved with the org, it can just open a can of worms with trolling etc.
look at des, he has wife using the same shared account.You would not see uncle barrys mrs using his pdc social media account.
You dont see matt porter threatening people with slaps
let alone the offspring act like ignorant savages.

If bag carrier is not in an official position then he needs to stop posting as if he is, otherwise it will come across like oche speaking about the pdc, a pitiful thing.
Agreed. So do these UKDA people use social media in that way, our had it been totally different so far?
Thankfully we have been spared the rulers of the UKDA doing what the bdo did in having the chairman act like an absolute Sexy.
An org should not need to be commended for not acting stupid.
Acting and behaving in a normal fashion is something that should be expected from every org.

The former blazer wearing morons will have to earn respect, as said their track record is atrocious, and I do not believe those individuals will change or are capable of changing.
The only hope is that when each of the old guard snuff its, they are replaced by people more in touch with reality.
The UKDA need to accept they are just a feeder system and know their role.
There is a difference between congratulating someone for doing something they should be doing anyway and slating someone for doing something they aren't doing. You are using Jacklin as a stick to beat UKDA with. Like I said, it's a bad faith starting point. All I'm doing is pointing out that, so far, they are acting very differently to what the last lot did.

You need to let go with this 'accept they are a feeder system' nonsense. Where have they said that they are anything other than a grassroots organisation interested only in county darts?
Even i remember a "DES-statement" like: PDC have nothing on us...
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

There's bound to be a forummember having the exact quote, Ginge, Oche?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Case wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:19 pm There's bound to be a forummember having the exact quote, Ginge, Oche?
It’s on my sig.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:03 pm Pub leagues will be all the rage once the pubs open properly again.
Great excuse to get down the boozer once a week.
Test and trace will still be going when pubs re-open to some extent, if someone at a pub darts match tests positive we'll all get the call telling us to isolate - that won't change until scientists say the vaccines totally prevent catching and spreading as well as serious illness which will take a year or two - who will want to or be allowed to risk a week or two of work for a game of darts?

Pubs are skint anyway and many will have gone under, them still open won't fancy paying for food for a darts game let alone instant testing kits for all, pubs are fecked for this year and the foreseeable future I fear. It used to be hard enough to get a quid subs off some players, asking them to pay towards league entry fees, food, travel and testing before they see a beer, with the risks involved if one random tests positive, will be impossible.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

That's why I said 'properly'.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

ILAD wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:22 pm
Case wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:19 pm There's bound to be a forummember having the exact quote, Ginge, Oche?
It’s on my sig.
Needed to click your username to see that, in agreement.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:04 am Anyway, moving on...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14113851 ... rophy/amp/
By the look of that beard they took all the felt tip pens as well.
crop-14114387.jpg
crop-14114387.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ILAD wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:22 pm
It’s on my sig.
What has "Celtic are shite" got to do with Jacklin?

If it did have anything to do with him, it would be the only truth he has told.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

nikkiboy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:36 pm

crop-14114387.jpg
To someone not in the know they would think that is a photoshopped picture.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

crop-14114387.jpg
Never knew Des was a on the quiet shirt lifter but he does have the look

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meanin ... n-of/beard

;)
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Garry Murphy wrote:
meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:40 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:28 pm the people who were behind Adams when he stabbed olly in the back were the same people behind sue williams and her husband who thought nothing of going to peoples homes and work places.
The same people who voted for des jacklin. These peoples track record is atrocious

so forgive me for not having as much faith in those simpletons as you do.
You can wrap up a turd, call it a new name, but its still a turd.

Of course I would love to be proven wrong, see the bitter old former blazer wearing people gone completely from the game, see these deluded people stop calling the amateur players "world pro" or using nonsense names like "world championships" for 2 bit mickey mouse tin pot comps that are no better than pub comps.

People who accept their role as a feeder system to the PDC. I know bitter mushr0oms dont like accepting this, but it needs to happen.
I think it's you who needs to move on. There is no BDO any more. Or a 'world pro'. The battle is over, the PDC is now the sole custodian of the professional game. No-one is going to call the WDF anything other than what it is. It will be the semi-professional world darts championship, though I suspect it will be referred to as an 'amateur' event (despite almost certainly having prize money for the participants).

The WDF had recognised what it is and where it sits in the darts pyramid. It will be for the benefit of darts of Bazza engages with them to create a direct feeder into the PDC for at least some of the better WDF players. It will allow him to concentrate on the professional game, which is all he has ever been interested in concentrating on.

UKDA has made no attempt to do anything other than run county darts.
What part of this are you not getting ?
The bdo might be no more, but the people who put des, sue, etc in power are the same people in the UKDA.
Are those people suddenly less bitter, less vindictive,less stupid now because the org they are in now has a different name ?
how naive are you ?

As for the WDF, if they start a "world championships" they need to label it an amateur one.
The bdo calling their tin pot cup a world championships was a joke.
And actually voted des back in after they knew everything

And then after he offered his resignation and after the fiasco of the worlds they let him rescind his resignation and voted him back in, again.

And even then after all that 10 counties were prepared to destroy the bicc because they wanted to stick by the bdo and des plan.

The problem with the bdo has always been the county delegates.

Sue, Wayne, des, olly were all county delegates that just shouted the loudest. The ukda will go exactly the same way if they try to do anything because the county delegates are completely the same

Which is why I don’t agree with routs point. The wdf has to advertise itself as amateur darts, because if the last ten years has shown us anything it’s there isn’t any money in darts outside of the pdc and they will bankrupt more organisations trying.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

as you said there was still a handful of bitter twisted people who remained loyal and would not join the UKDA until they had no choice,

MTF and others thinks those bitter people have suddenly overnight changed. How stupid and naive are they.
Those same bitter counties are still run by the same people who supported des.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Dibble
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Dibble
Officer?
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ILAD wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:40 pm

crop-14114387.jpg
To someone not in the know they would think that is a photoshopped picture.
I thought it was! I mean that looks like a cartoon character.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Excited your hero is back posting?
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:17 pm as you said there was still a handful of bitter twisted people who remained loyal and would not join the UKDA until they had no choice,

MTF and others thinks those bitter people have suddenly overnight changed. How stupid and naive are they.
Those same bitter counties are still run by the same people who supported des.
Including one of the biggest counties: Yorkshire. Incredible that they voted bdo
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I am far from convinced that the delegates did vote Des back in, the final time at least.

The voting was very cloak and dagger and some delegates have said they have spoken to enough other delegates to know the numbers claimed dont add up.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.