Premier League 2021

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

Re: Premier League 2021

Post by oche balboa »

meetthefeebles wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 pm
kingp35 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:03 pm
Bomber wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:49 am if it's an abridged PL held in a MK bubble over a week to ten days, it could happen anytime
I don't think they would bother doing this. The sole reason the Premier League exists is bring in money for the PDC. They would just postpone it until 2021 if they can't hold it with a crowd, they may even pick different players. The 2020 tournament was different as it had already started and they needed to finish it.
Is the correct answer. I've said it before, but the PDC have to be congratulated for keeping the wheels turning with full prize money this past year. But it must have cost a lot of money and I doubt they can do it for a second year. This is the main PDC cash cow. If there are no crowds, this won't run.
This. PDC must be losing a lot of money, Of which if 2021 is going to be as bad as 2020 they will have to cut the Prize money a lot.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

article in the latest snookerscene said the same, they maintained prize money in snooker this year without crowds and it would be surprising if they could do it again this year
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I will be gutted if they cut the players prize money.
I’m not sure I could actually sleep at night.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I was gutted when they cut the World pro prize money.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Online Darts interview with Barry Hearn.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

The 1st 9 of this year now being played behind closed doors in MK.
Another hit to the PDC coffers this year.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

fling wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:34 pm The 1st 9 of this year now being played behind closed doors in MK.
Must impact the number of PC they can afford to hold this year.
Was surprised they were doing 12 so early in the year with 3 x 4 event Super Series including 1 of those in Germany.

PDC Europe have already said they can’t afford to run any ET until it’s confirmed they can have crowds in as they need the ticket sales to cover the prize money. Many only be a handful of those this year same as last year.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Oh no!!
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

malcy93 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:38 pm
fling wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:34 pm The 1st 9 of this year now being played behind closed doors in MK.
Was surprised they were doing 12 so early in the year with 3 x 4 event Super Series including 1 of those in Germany.

PDC Europe have already said they can’t afford to run any ET until it’s confirmed they can have crowds in as they need the ticket sales to cover the prize money. Many only be a handful of those this year same as last year.
I hope the people who have contributed to the Wayne Warren Fundraiser will do the same for the PDC/Matchroom one incoming.....
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

malcy93 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:38 pm

I hope the people who have contributed to the Wayne Warren Fundraiser will do the same for the PDC/Matchroom one incoming.....
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BlueSpark wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:47 pmOh no!!
always said the PL was not a proper major.
It may have had great exposure and decent money, but is was and will always be a 2 bit comp.

It is non ranking
It is not only invitational, but completely biased where top ten players, and former winners are systematically omitted in place or others in their little clique.
you only have to look at how certain players got undeserved spots like barney who hot one for years.
Last year saw durrant put in the worst averages in the finals night in an empty hall./

Still I am sure someone will claim now claim it is a proper major cos a favorite of theirs won it, the same type of person that would claim Lakeside was a major
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Garry Murphy wrote:
It may have had great exposure and decent money, but is was and will always be a 2 bit comp.

It is non ranking
It is not only invitational, but completely biased where top ten players, and former winners are systematically omitted in place or others in their little clique.
you only have to look at how certain players got undeserved spots like barney who hot one for years.
Last year saw durrant put in the worst averages in the finals night in an empty hall./

Still I am sure someone will claim now claim it is a proper major cos a favorite of theirs won it, the same type of person that would claim Lakeside was a major
Let me be the one to put a case forward, not that I personally give a shit.
The players consider a major and a big career goal for all of them. The PDC and TV call it a major, the media call it a major and finally I'm sure most people who watch it all the way through consider it a major. So it's a major. And so what. So is the Masters in Snooker. Does it really matter. If the organisers of pro darts and the players themselves say it's a major, so be it.i couldn't give a rats arse.

Personally I don't watch it. It's boring to me. I prefer UK Open type events.
Little Lonely Garry
International

I dont care about it either.
My point is i dont care because to me its not as major, that how insignificant it is,
like yourself I would rather watch a ranking event
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Skewball wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:55 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:

It is non ranking

Let me be the one to put a case forward, not that I personally give a shit.
The players consider a major and a big career goal for all of them. The PDC and TV call it a major, the media call it a major and finally I'm sure most people who watch it all the way through consider it a major. So it's a major. And so what. So is the Masters in Snooker. Does it really matter. If the organisers of pro darts and the players themselves say it's a major, so be it.i couldn't give a rats arse.

Personally I don't watch it. It's boring to me. I prefer UK Open type events.
^^^^^^ doesn’t give a shit ^^^^^^^^^
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Garry Murphy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:58 pm I dont care about it either.
My point is i dont care because to me its not as major, that how insignificant it is,
I think if anyone asked Simon Whitlock which title he would rather have on his C.V, the Premier League, or the European Championship that he won in 2012, I'm pretty sure he would say the former
Little Lonely Garry
International

billyd wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:22 pm
I think if anyone asked Simon Whitlock which title he would rather have on his C.V, the Premier League, or the European Championship that he won in 2012, I'm pretty sure he would say the former
hardly a surprise if the pl pays out 250k or whatever it is to a 100k for the european champs.
Hardly a surprise is it ? Your logic is flawed

If the PL a non ranking invitation paid out 100k and the european champs a televised ranking tv major paid out the same money, which one do you think would be better ?

A ranking comps beats a non ranking comp if the money is the same in my opinion.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I still think Whitlock would prefer the PL in that scenario.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Garry Murphy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:29 pm
hardly a surprise if the pl pays out 250k or whatever it is to a 100k for the european champs.

If the PL a non ranking invitation paid out 100k and the european champs a televised ranking tv major paid out the same money, which one do you think would be better ?

A ranking comps beats a non ranking comp if the money is the same in my opinion.
Money aside, I think the players see winning the Premier League as being the best player over a longer period against the best players in the world making it harder to win, rather than potentially having a lucky run over a weekend
Little Lonely Garry
International

Rout wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:50 pm I still think Whitlock would prefer the PL in that scenario.

Lakeside paid the same as the pdc european champs, and would prefer the pdc european champs to a scabby bob potter cup.
Little Lonely Garry
International

billyd wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:55 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Money aside, I think the players see winning the Premier League as being the best player over a longer period against the best players in the world making it harder to win, rather than potentially having a lucky run over a weekend

Enlighten me, how are they the best in the world when top 10 players, former winners, and successful players are left out for players who never won a pdc major ever ?

This is why the PL to me is not a major, just a glorified exbo with great money