2021 PDC Pro Tour

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
meetthefeebles
County Player

Re: 2021 PDC Pro Tour

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:53 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:51 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:49 pm i never said you did, I am asking is he world class like co Stompe.

the clue was in the the part where I said "or is"
Why are you asking me, then?
because it was yout post I was replying to and you were the one who said in the past that co stompe was world class, so was curious if beaton was the same in your opinion.
When did I say that Co Stompe was world class?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bunting no longer a Lakeside Champion :)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Oh no.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

meetthefeebles wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:05 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:49 pm i never said you did, I am asking is he world class like co Stompe.

because it was yout post I was replying to and you were the one who said in the past that co stompe was world class, so was curious if beaton was the same in your opinion.
you didn't, it was fakewade that did,

I am not afraid to admit I was wrong. Pity there was not more like me.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:01 pm
Bomber wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:00 pm since his 0-5 bumming in the worlds, that's two L16s and a L32 for mvg for a healthy 7.5k in prize money, he'll be hoping to get to the quarters tomorrow - no harm in dreaming :grin:
MVG has made 2500 quid in the 2 days....piss poor by his standards.

but that is the same amount the Glen Durrant, Scott Mitchell and Scott Waites earned COMBINED :grin:
he has won 7.5k in the past 8 weeks covering three tourneys

he will still be in the denial stage, next stage is 'toys out of pram'
Little Lonely Garry
International

Bomber wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:01 pm
Bomber wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:00 pm since his 0-5 bumming in the worlds, that's two L16s and a L32 for mvg for a healthy 7.5k in prize money, he'll be hoping to get to the quarters tomorrow - no harm in dreaming :grin:
MVG has made 2500 quid in the 2 days....piss poor by his standards.

but that is the same amount the Glen Durrant, Scott Mitchell and Scott Waites earned COMBINED :grin:
he has won 7.5k in the past 8 weeks covering three tourneys

he will still be in the denial stage, next stage is 'toys out of pram'
next stage will be him reverting back to old tactics.

snorting and coughing behind players backs,
Trying to intimidate players by rushing the throw.
The fist pumping to put of his opponents to go in to overdrive, even if he is hitting only tons.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Go Jonnny go go go.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:09 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:05 pm

you didn't, it was fakewade that did,

I am not afraid to admit I was wrong. Pity there was not more like me.
I suppose that's a close to an apology as I'll get, so I'll take it.

For the record, even though I didn't get involved in the 'world class' argument as it is too subjective, my opinion is that Beaton was world class for a spell around his prime but is clearly not now. Co Stompe was a good, sometimes very good, player who was never world class.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

Beaton is world class and a world champion, he has won tournaments over a thirty year period, he may be on the decline but that doesn't mean he isn't world class
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

It depends on your definition, really. It's arguable.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Bomber wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:27 pm Beaton is world class and a world champion, he has won tournaments over a thirty year period, he may be on the decline but that doesn't mean he isn't world class
20 years in the pdc... TWENTY, and despite countless proper tv majors year in year out, not only failed to ever win one, he has never made the final of one,
His only final on tv in the PDC was in a solitary european championships a secondary title where he was mauled 11-3.
Believe his total of floor tournament wins in 20 years stands at TWO, and average of one every decade.

As for being a world champion.....you mean that title that kist won ?
That title waites won twice with a mid 80s average.

Now you are certainly entitled to believe that is world class, but forgive me if I think otherwise, as I hold the level of world class to a higher standard.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:39 pm I went for Soutar, Heta and Clayton.
Hope Clayton makes the final.
Went each way so a small profit even if he loses the final now. Clearly the form player after winning the last TV comp and the final yesterday.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:34 pm
Bomber wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:27 pm Beaton is world class and a world champion, he has won tournaments over a thirty year period, he may be on the decline but that doesn't mean he isn't world class
20 years in the pdc... TWENTY, and despite countless proper tv majors year in year out, not only failed to ever win one, he has never made the final of one,
His only final on tv in the PDC was in a solitary european championships a secondary title where he was mauled 11-3.
Believe his total of floor tournament wins in 20 years stands at TWO, and average of one every decade.

Now you are certainly entitled to believe that is world class, but forgive me if I think otherwise, as I hold the level of world class to a higher standard.
World Champion= World Class

Beaton has stood the test of time being in the top 32 for a vast number of years.....

A legend & A world class player.

Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

nearly 30 years after winning the world masters, former world champion and former number one beaton can still get to the last 8 of a flat draw event chucking mid to high nineties averages - world class :DDDD:
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

I'm not remotely interested in going over this again, but the only similarities between the title won by Kist and Beaton were the venue and the name.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

oche balboa wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Beaton has stood the test of time being in the top 32 for a vast number of years.....

His longevity is incredible, really. Like I asked earlier - how many of his contemporaries from his prime are still playing at the level he is today?

Even if he is clearly declined from his peak, to be where he is nearly thirty years after he won the Winmau is some achievement.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Rydz wins

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

meetthefeebles wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:50 pm
oche balboa wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 pm

His longevity is incredible, really. Like I asked earlier - how many of his contemporaries from his prime are still playing at the level he is today?

Even if he is clearly declined from his peak, to be where he is nearly thirty years after he won the Winmau is some achievement.

Yep and he will be at the worlds again for 2022, Over 30 years since his debut

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Add JC to the list of chokers ;)
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:39 pm
ChrisW wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:39 pm I went for Soutar, Heta and Clayton.
Hope Clayton makes the final.
Went each way so a small profit even if he loses the final now. Clearly the form player after winning the last TV comp and the final yesterday.
I had a few quid on Aspinall at 22's but he seemed to collapse in the semi. Nice win for Rydz though.
Does look like it's going to be a few different winners all season, seeing as Bombers fav is on his arse :grin: