Heard a rumour? - Post it here
waddle147
Pub Champion

Re: World Seniors Darts Championships

Post by waddle147 »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:04 pm
waddle147 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:58 pm
Bram_1900 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:23 pm
Sally wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:35 pm Richie Burnett, John Part and Les Wallace were all mentioned in the original article. I know no more than that....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sp ... 2-23846177
Still have to accept the invitation, I heard in the Weekly Dartscast podcast.

One of the organisors talked about the event. He has said to the participants that they will have to be willing to train for 3 or 4 hours a day from now on. Wonder how many players that are really going to do that.

He told that the darts championship is gonna be a 4 days event with sets-format. Its gong to be a test wether there is an audience for it, if tv stations are interested and whats the quality of the players that participate and are they willing to train for it. If thats the case, a senior tour will be announced, I understand.
Is this organiser retarded? If these lads were physically capable of practising for four hours a day they'd still be near the top level of the professional game.

As long as 90% of the field can play to a standard which isn't totally embarrassing, I'd call that a win. And don't be stretching out the format too long. Best of eleven legs for the first couple of rounds, building to maybe a best of five sets final.
Adams is still playing for that long per day, consecutive days.
He literally just said in his last interview that he has arthitis in his shoulder which prevents him from practising, and even so he'll probably be the second or third favourite to win the tournament.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

waddle147 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 pm
ChrisW wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:04 pm
Sally wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:35 pm Richie Burnett, John Part and Les Wallace were all mentioned in the original article. I know no more than that....

One of the organisors talked about the event. He has said to the participants that they will have to be willing to train for 3 or 4 hours a day from now on. Wonder how many players that are really going to do that.

He told that the darts championship is gonna be a 4 days event with sets-format. Its gong to be a test wether there is an audience for it, if tv stations are interested and whats the quality of the players that participate and are they willing to train for it. If thats the case, a senior tour will be announced, I understand.
Is this organiser retarded? If these lads were physically capable of practising for four hours a day they'd still be near the top level of the professional game.

As long as 90% of the field can play to a standard which isn't totally embarrassing, I'd call that a win. And don't be stretching out the format too long. Best of eleven legs for the first couple of rounds, building to maybe a best of five sets final.
Adams is still playing for that long per day, consecutive days.
He literally just said in his last interview that he has arthitis in his shoulder which prevents him from practising, and even so he'll probably be the second or third favourite to win the tournament.
ignore Chris, he aint got a clue
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Hopefully part get the chance in this without going thru qualifier
Some long shorts that I like to see in this would be
Tony David
Larry butter
Roland sholten
Erik clarys
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Maybe 3 or 4 hours a day as they get close to the event.

Being near top of the professional game doesn't just means practice. It now means practice, travel and play every week for 11 months of the year. Supplementing income it also means exhibitions, which mean more travel.

Having 3 or 4 hours of practice a day, broken up as needed, and a few tournaments is a lot differet.

In addition, there will be qualifiers, which will include a mixture of senior players who play regularly and players who dropped off the tour as their standard dropped. While there are some players whose game collapsed, some of them are just not quite good enough to stay on tour.

Currently, 17 of the 128 PDC Tour players are 50 years or older. It's a good time to try to get a Senior World Championships and a Seniors Tour up and running.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

For this concept to work, it has to be purely nostalgia and inviting as many names people want to see as possible. Nobody wants to see random players in their early fifties who did next to nothing on the main tour, yet are still capable of averaging 85+.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

waddle147 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:20 am For this concept to work, it has to be purely nostalgia and inviting as many names people want to see as possible. Nobody wants to see random players in their early fifties who did next to nothing on the main tour, yet are still capable of averaging 85+.
Correct
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Richie confirmed this morning.
Sally
Pub Champion

Post by Sally »

John Part confirmed.
Sally
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

foggs3355 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:11 am Hopefully part get the chance in this without going thru qualifier
Tony David
Larry butter
Roland sholten
Erik clarys
Larry Butter is often confused with Eric Clarified 😳
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
foggs3355 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:11 am Hopefully part get the chance in this without going thru qualifier
Tony David
Larry butter
Roland sholten
Erik clarys
Larry Butter is often confused with Eric Clarified Image
Ghee, give the guy a break!
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:06 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Tony David
Larry butter
Roland sholten
Erik clarys
Larry Butter is often confused with Eric Clarified Image
Ghee, give the guy a break!
Stop spreading this.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

So, Chris Mason invited yet?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:36 am
Nae Mike Gregory?
I had heard old Judus was suffering from dementia so this may impact any further darting career turnarounds
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

el_ringo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:36 am
Nae Mike Gregory?
I had heard old Judus was suffering from dementia so this may impact any further darting career turnarounds
Now now, and it's Judas.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Imagine getting upset over Mike Gregorys decision around 25 years ago

Imagine getting upset over someone's posts because of his dyslexia

El Ringo and David Owen are just nuts
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Imagine getting upset over Mike Gregorys decision around 25 years ago

You actual idiot, they were trying to get Lee Taylor to log in and bite, not you Image
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:43 pm
oche balboa wrote:Imagine getting upset over Mike Gregorys decision around 25 years ago

You actual idiot, they were trying to get Lee Taylor to log in and bite, not you Image
:DDD:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

waddle147 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:20 am For this concept to work, it has to be purely nostalgia and inviting as many names people want to see as possible. Nobody wants to see random players in their early fifties who did next to nothing on the main tour, yet are still capable of averaging 85+.
Spot on.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Good that part been officially announced for this
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »