2021 PDC Pro Tour

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
meetthefeebles
County Player

Re: 2021 PDC Pro Tour

Post by meetthefeebles »

ILAD wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:36 pm
waddle147 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:28 pm What he said about Beeney was really stupid, even if literally every other top darts player would be thinking the same thing.

That being said, he's obviously used missing out on the PL as a positive, which has to be admired. I think crowds coming back for majors will end up being a good thing for him, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get to the latter stages of three or four TV events over the next year.
He always gets to the latter stages of comps so yes it would not be a surprise, getting over the final fence is the problem. He is mentally fragile.
Exactly. No-one thinks he can't get the latter stages of TV comps. The criticism of him is that he craps himself in finals.
Last edited by meetthefeebles on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:55 pm
waddle147 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:28 pm What he said about Beeney was really stupid, even if literally every other top darts player would be thinking the same thing.

That being said, he's obviously used missing out on the PL as a positive, which has to be admired. I think crowds coming back for majors will end up being a good thing for him, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get to the latter stages of three or four TV events over the next year.
He always gets to the latter stages of comps so yes it would not be a surprise, getting over the final fence is the problem. He is mentally fragile.
Exactly. No-one thinks he can't get the latest stages of TV comps. The criticism of him is that he craps himself in finals.
Craps himself and shows everyone with his demeanour and actions.
Bristow and Taylor said they knew by what their opponent did whether they had them by the nuts or not in a game.
Smith gives it away far too easily when he’s in trouble.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

the fact that he has this sense of entitlement that he should be in the PL shows his inflated ego.

He slags Dimitri , a player that has won a proper ranking major.
Has claimed he is better than half the premier league, yet every player in the PL including those relegated all won some tv comp of some sort.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

meetthefeebles wrote:

Exactly. No-one thinks he can't get the latest stages of TV comps. The criticism of him is that he craps himself in finals.
For me the bigger criticism is his attitude.

Terry Jenkins and Tony O crapped themselves in finals but were still thoroughly likeable guys. Smith is just loathsome.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Rout wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:12 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:

Terry Jenkins and Tony O crapped themselves in finals but were still thoroughly likeable guys. Smith is just loathsome.
This.

Its his delusional mindset
his sense of entitlement
And ignorant arrogance for someone who won nothing
plus a miserable excuse maker when it suits him
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Rout wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:12 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:

I didn't like either Top Lad or Bully for that, though. Their good loser demeanor is part of why they were such serial losers.

I could stomach Smith if he was a bad loser. But, as has been days by many others, he's not even that. He's delusional, self-emtitled and disrespectful, desire having won zero major titles. 'Loathsome' is about right.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

BlueSpark wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:55 pm

Craps himself and shows everyone with his demeanour and actions.
Bristow and Taylor said they knew by what their opponent did whether they had them by the nuts or not in a game.
Smith gives it away far too easily when he’s in trouble.
His attitude and demeanor in his pathetic loss at the World's just gone was absolutely embarrassing.
Last edited by meetthefeebles on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

He's thoroughly unlikable, but from the way people are talking tonight it's as if he should have bowed down before Dimitri before their match today.

It should be annoying to him that players he belives that he's better than are winning majors. If pure spite helps him to get over the line, then good for him. That's pretty much what inspired Wade's latest run of form. I'd rather hear him talk like this over Chizzy mumbling about being unlucky.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

waddle147 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:33 pm He's thoroughly unlikable, but from the way people are talking tonight it's as if he should have bowed down before Dimitri before their match today.

It should be annoying to him that players he belives that he's better than are winning majors. If pure spite helps him to get over the line, then good for him. That's pretty much what inspired Wade's latest run of form. I'd rather hear him talk like this over Chizzy mumbling about being unlucky.
It's one thing to use annoyance as a means of motivating him to play better and win stuff. It's another to go on the way he does, and that interview earlier was abysmal.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:36 pm
waddle147 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:33 pm He's thoroughly unlikable, but from the way people are talking tonight it's as if he should have bowed down before Dimitri before their match today.

It's one thing to use annoyance as a means of motivating him to play better and win stuff. It's another to go on the way he does, and that interview earlier was abysmal.
He's not a public speaker, and he's a bit thick. Every other player in the PDC would have loved the idea of playing Beeney then Ross Smith for a title, but none of them would have said it so brutally.

I think to an extent if the players have been about for a while and haven't won anything, then whatever they do is going to be hammered. The same people who have a go at Smith for being entitled and arrogant will hammer Ian White or Shitlock for their lack of self-belief. For all the talk of Terry Jenkins being a lovely fella, he had absolutely no goodwill whenever he made it into major finals.
aka JRWFSL147

Little Lonely Garry
International

waddle147 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:50 pm

He's not a public speaker, and he's a bit thick. Every other player in the PDC would have loved the idea of playing Beeney then Ross Smith for a title, but none of them would have said it so brutally.

I think to an extent if the players have been about for a while and haven't won anything, then whatever they do is going to be hammered. The same people who have a go at Smith for being entitled and arrogant will hammer Ian White or Shitlock for their lack of self-belief. For all the talk of Terry Jenkins being a lovely fella, he had absolutely no goodwill whenever he made it into major finals.
A good loser is still a loser, however what you seem to have forgot this is smith acting like a dick when he won a floor comp.
This is not some world title he won that should elevate him.

He lectures anyone that is stupid enough to buy his guff he is better than half of them in the Premier League, what exactly is he basing his delusion on ?
Yes he can hit big averages and go far, so did Terry Jenkins, Ronnie Baxter, Chizzy etc but until he wins something of actual note he is just a mouthy disrespectful walter mitty
I would love to know which 5 players he stupidly thinks he is better than
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:57 pm
waddle147 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:50 pm

A good loser is still a loser, however what you seem to have forgot this is smith acting like a dick when he won a floor comp.
This is not some world title he won that should elevate him.

He lectures anyone that is stupid enough to buy his guff he is better than half of them in the Premier League, what exactly is he basing his delusion on ?
Yes he can hit big averages and go far, so did Terry Jenkins, Ronnie Baxter, Chizzy etc but until he wins something of actual note he is just a mouthy disrespectful walter mitty
I would love to know which 5 players he stupidly thinks he is better than
He's evidently better than Cross and Durrant right now, but then that's not particularly difficult.

He may feel that he's better than de Sousa, Clayton and van de Bergh, having been a more consistent player and ranked ahead of all three for his entire career. Aspinall would also be in that boat, albeit at one point he was ranked ahead of Smith.

Anderson has said numerous times that Smith is better than him, being somewhat of a mentor, and clearly can't be arsed with a full-time schedule.

That leaves Wade (in the form of his life, but always liable to go completely off the boil), Wright and MVG (neither of whom are anywhere near their best). It's hardly a murderer's row.
aka JRWFSL147

meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Is Smith a more capable player than those players? Aye, he might be, at least in terms of his potential and his ability to hit big averages. But he's turned that potential into zero major titles. Not even a proper TV title, for that matter. Jose has achieved more, in major terms, inside about six months than Smith has in six years. His claim to be 'better' then him is risible at this point. He is in better form than Cross, but his claim to be better than him is a joke. Cross is a former world and matchplay champ ffs.

He needs to stop talking shit and get major titles won. Otherwise he's no better than Chizzy, Jenks, Hammer and all the other 'really good' players who failed, utterly, when it mattered.
Last edited by meetthefeebles on Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Again I have to highlight the flaw in your reasoning.

When bellyboy made his initial claim before the PL started, what exactly has smith done to actual warrant a spot ?
He was dropping down the rankings....going the wrong way He has won just one of 2 depleted floor champs this weekend, thats all.

Do you think Durrant as poor as he is now but at the time the defending champion should have been left out ?
Do you think Cross who won a world title, matchplay title and european champs title was less deserving. than smith who did absolutely nothing ?

But to play devils advocate, to keep you happy, were durrant and Cross left out of the original 10, and 2 more spots were available then Wade and Chizzy were more deserving of a spots next, both higher ranked, wade a vastly superior player, and chizzy after his form in the worlds.

Smith was not in my top 12 let alone top 10, and interviews like his today only proves why he is one of the most disliked players across social media.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

A good guy would have been happy for Aaron Beeney today. He’s probably the 128th best player on the tour and took advantage of drop outs and had a career day making it to the semi final, but after the lack of class and utter disrespect from the bellyboy I’m hoping Beeney knocks Smith clean out tonight.

Smith really is the most unlikeable self entitled cunt on the tour, although I did miss John McDonald announcing him as the former PDC Youth Champ during the premier league, i will be looking forward to the matchplay to hear it again.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It doesn't even matter if Smith or isn't "better" than those players.

Do your talking on the board. Not matter how much Matchroom want it to be, it's not boxing. Trash talk is exactly that. Trashy.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Rout wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:40 am It doesn't even matter if Smith is or isn't "better" than those players.

Do your talking on the board. No matter how much Matchroom want it to be, it's not boxing. Trash talk is exactly that. Trashy.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

An excellent point.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

meetthefeebles wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:25 am Is Smith a more capable player than those players? Aye, he might be, at least in terms of his potential and his ability to hit big averages. But he's turned that potential into zero major titles. Not even a proper TV title, for that matter. Jose has achieved more, in major terms, inside about six months than Smith has in six years. His claim to be 'better' then him is risible at this point. He is in better form than Cross, but his claim to be better than him is a joke. Cross is a former world and matchplay champ ffs.

He needs to stop talking shit and get major titles won. Otherwise he's no better than Chizzy, Jenks, Hammer and all the other 'really good' players who failed, utterly, when it mattered.
He's an excellent scorer, but the worst finisher in the top 10, who has collapsed multiple times under pressure.

He should just shut up and rake in the money. Then if people ask, fake humility like everybody else.

But he can't. His failure eats at his core.
mattp
Brass Darts

Post by mattp »

The Beeney era is over