WDF World Championship 2022 at Lakeside

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
County Player

Re: WDF World Championship 2022 at Lakeside

Post by 1205 »

StokeFC wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:11 pm Can the man from the pub enter a qualifier for this? If so then this event gets the thumbs up from me.

The PDC World Championship is the biggest and features the best but it is a little too exclusive. There is room for a World Championship that anyone can enter.
PDC World Championships has multiple qualifiers that anyone can enter around the world.
However, in the UK and some other places, these qualifying events are series of multiple events.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

StokeFC wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:11 pm Can the man from the pub enter a qualifier for this? If so then this event gets the thumbs up from me.

The PDC World Championship is the biggest and features the best but it is a little too exclusive. There is room for a World Championship that anyone can enter.
A man from the pub could enter and win the PDC Worlds. You just need to qualify for the UK Open via the Riley's qualifiers reach the final of the said UK Open then put in a decent performance in the GSOD and you will have enough ranking pounds on the Order of Merit to qualify or would be handed a Wild card.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

The best darts tournament in the world back at the home of darts.

Lovely stuff. 😘
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

How do you know it's the best tournament in the world when it's never been held before?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote:How do you know it's the best tournament in the world when it's never been held before?
Exactly, this is the darts version of Sevco in effect. Stealing history.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:46 am
Black Velvet wrote:How do you know it's the best tournament in the world when it's never been held before?
I thought BDO always ran the Worlds for the WDF?
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

el_ringo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:26 am

A man from the pub could enter and win the PDC Worlds. You just need to qualify for the UK Open via the Riley's qualifiers reach the final of the said UK Open then put in a decent performance in the GSOD and you will have enough ranking pounds on the Order of Merit to qualify or would be handed a Wild card.
Money in the GSOD only counts to PDC players doesn't it?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ginge wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:46 am
correct.

you will see a load of backtracking now, and mushrooms claiming this is somehow the same people running it and only the name has changed or it was always the wdf, and rewriting history
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 pm I can understand this.

The problem is the bdo itself should not even exist in that if you have scottish darts, the edo, welsh etc all part of a WDF then realistically the bdo serves no purpose other than to hold lakeside which is does on behalf of the WDF.

If the WDF , all be it unlikely decide to run the world champs themselves what purpose does the bdo have ?

Take football, you have the sfa, fa, welsh etc, you dont see a british football org running the world cup for FIFA, because they are not idiots to let that happen.
Little Lonely Garry
International

whatever

the point you are missing is he bdo DID run a so called worlds.
now they dont.
Its not the same comp
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ChrisW wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 pm I can understand this.

The problem is the bdo itself should not even exist in that if you have scottish darts, the edo, welsh etc all part of a WDF then realistically the bdo serves no purpose other than to hold lakeside which is does on behalf of the WDF.

If the WDF , all be it unlikely decide to run the world champs themselves what purpose does the bdo have ?

Take football, you have the sfa, fa, welsh etc, you dont see a british football org running the world cup for FIFA, because they are not idiots to let that happen.
ImageImageImage
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

by Chris's logic if it dont matter who runs it, that must mean when the pdc took over running a worlds in 1994, this is a continuation of the world champs from pre split, and the pre split bdo is part of pdc history.

since different people actually running it makes no difference.

spin that.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:40 am by Chris's logic if it dont matter who runs it, that must mean when the pdc took over running a worlds in 1994, this is a continuation of the world champs from pre split, and the pre split bdo is part of pdc history.

since different people actually running it makes no difference.

spin that.
What logic?
I asked a question.
I then posted a quote from you.
Little Lonely Garry
International

ah, so you agree then its not a continuation of the same comp then ?
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Si Robin wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:23 am
el_ringo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:26 am

Money in the GSOD only counts to PDC players doesn't it?
In the scenario above it would count as qualified via the PDC. It didn't count as a BDO invite.
Win UK Open + Finalist Grand Slam or the reverse is 165k, which would currently be 31st in the OOM. Normally not enough, but loss of ET money is reducing earnings.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:44 am ah, so you agree then its not a continuation of the same comp then ?
I couldn't give a sh1t either way.
Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 am
Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:44 am ah, so you agree then its not a continuation of the same comp then ?
but give enough of a shit to try argue for the sake of it though
TheVillan
The Ton Club

Post by TheVillan »

Stage 7
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:51 am
Just pointing out some hypocrisy.
Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:36 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:51 am
Just pointing out some hypocrisy.
where is the hypocrisy ?

The bdo RAN IT for the WDF
now the wdf will run their event.

different people running it...ergo a different comp